• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best Weird Al song and why is it It's All About the Pentiums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

I love that he is the kind of artist that the media would totaly call a fad (and they totaly did in the begining), but he has been constantly good and constantly on charts since his arrival more than 30 years.

There is only a very selected group of artists that can claim that ... and Weird Al is never remembered in such regard.

My choices :
Hardware Store for better original song, with Albuquerque as an honorable mention
White and Nerdy for better parody, with Bob as an honorable mention
Word Crimes for better video, with White and Nerdy for an honorable mention

AlexMogil

Here's a sad note though - he might not tour with his multimedia extravaganza again. His shows are loud interactive light shows with costume changes, video clips, and crawls through the audience. He has mentioned he may not do that again because of age and wants his next tours to be smaller and more subdued.

I hope that isn't true.

His original songs are so good. UHF? Awesome. Traffic Jam, the prince style song?

Trapped inside
My automobile
Cobweb's growin'
On the steerin' wheel
Now, I'm no genius
But one thing I know
I shouldn't have had that bag of bran muffins
An hour and a half ago
Yeah, and if you need to find me
I'll tell you where I am
I'm right here (right here) right here (right here)
Stuck smack dab in the middle of this...

There's a yuppie on a cellular phone
I'm gonna puke if I hear any more
There's a motorcycle zoomin' by me
Watch what happens when I open my door
Now we're all goin' nowhere fast
Well, I guess that's perfectly clear
I left home five hours ago
And I can still see my house from here
So if anybody's tryin' to find me
Well, I'll tell you where I am
Right here (right here) right here (right here)
Stuck right here in the middle of this...

And his band is so talented. They can play like any other band in the world. The "Trapped in the Drive Thru" "Black Dog" Zeppelin solo is note perfect. It isn't sampled.

How come you're always such a fussy young man?
Don't want no Cap'N Crunch don't want no Raisin Bran?
Well don't you know that other kids are starving in Japan, so...

You're slipping, GAF. Although White And Nerdy, Amish Paradise, and Smells Like Nirvana are right up there too.

gabbo

Dare to Be Stupid. He out Devo'd Devo and they openly admit as much. Also, it's in Transformers: The Movie, so absolutely bonus points in its favour.
Followed by Amish Paradise.

LakeEarth

never realized that was key and peele in the beginning of the white & nerdy video

BgrACht.png

I had the same revelation this weekend. My niece and nephew have finally discovered Weird Al and it is very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom