• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the one thing Nintendo can announce at E3 that would make GAF explode?

Akai__

A Nintendo console, that is more powerful than the Xbox One and/or PS4 has the potential to make GAF explode, but what are the chances, for that happening? :lol

Synth

I probably shouldn't be giving them ideas

It's ok. You posted it online outside of MiiVerse. They're never going to see it.

That they are partnering with Sega to develop a new system for 2016

They should just buy them from Sammy... at least someone should. I don't care which of the three, but Sega's IPs need to be back with someone that's pushing hardware rather than needing each game to bring pure profit.

GAF goes down if you sneeze too hard. Other than that no matter what they announce somebody is going to be angry and somebody is going to make the monthly Third-party Nintendo thread come June.

- Console entry of latest Pokémon game(s)
- Zelda Wii U coming out Holiday 2014
- Full digital account integration
- Nintendo vs. Capcom
- Tablet-less Wii U SKU
- Nintendo partnering with Google or Apple.

Labadal

Fire Emblem Wii U
Final Fantasy Wii U
Mistwalker Game Wii U
Super Mario RPG Wii U
Tales of Wii U
Secret of Mana Wii U
Suikoden Wii U
Valkyrie Profile Wii U

MBR

Banned
In a positive way, or by highlighting something stupid, kinda' like they did with Nintendoland?

Positives:
- Metroid FPS/ 2D Metroid
- Zelda OoT 3
- Mario collectathon
- F-Zero
- Starfox
- MegaMan bought from Capcom
- Future hardware concept is shown

Negatives:
- Wii U titles scheduled for late 2015 release are shown
- Only Zelda shown is Hyrule Warriors
- 3rd person 3D Metroid
- Wii ___ U game takes up 20 minutes of the presentation

JoeM86

A tease of Metroid, with a clip of a Metroid feasting when on a ship. Suddenly, Sonic speeds through. It's Metroid DLC for Sonic Lost World

It'd make GAF explode, maybe not in a good way :p

Synth

This.

Oh man, how I would love this. It would be Bayonetta 2 all over again, but way way worse.

This has been mentioned a few times, but I don't actually think it would be way worse. Bayonetta 2 was a game people were expecting to hit 360 and PS3. Shenmue 3 is a game nobody is expecting to hit anything, and the fanbase is attached to the franchise far more than any of the console manufacturers. It could be a Ouya exclusive, and we'd all just buy Ouyas.

NewGame

Banned
Putting some games on the WiiU and ensuring more Bayo2-like exclusivitiy bombs drop. Everyone grips their foreheads and pulls their eye lids down "BUT I DON'T WANT TO BUY A WIIU" they say looking over at every other Nintendo console they bought and had fun with. "No it's a lie. It's a lie it can never be like it was before" they say running their fingers across Super Mario 64 and biting their bottom lip.

Iwata appears on stage at e3 and pulls a Mr. Plow commercial segment in which he smashes an iPhone.

Pokken.

Or you lacking the Oomph to enjoy it anymore, which its fine tastes change. I am Not saying nintendo is perfect. But magic and charm are just bullshit terms.

I lack? Yeah. Even as a Wii U owner. I also predict GAF lacks enthusiasm, which is why I think it would take a platform announcement for GAF to go utterly nuts.

Albo

Nintendo rescues rare by buying them from microsoft's oppressive clutches.

But really simply a Zelda reveal trailer as good at TP's, complete with miyamoto (or aonuma this time) coming out with sword and shield in hand, accopmaied by a live orchestra, before demo'ing off the game which looks better than MK8, is enough I think. That's what would make me explode anyway...

This has been mentioned a few times, but I don't actually think it would be way worse. Bayonetta 2 was a game people were expecting to hit 360 and PS3. Shenmue 3 is a game nobody is expecting to hit anything, and the fanbase is attached to the franchise far more than any of the console manufacturers. It could be a Ouya exclusive, and we'd all just buy Ouyas.

I dunno about that. Why don't Bayonetta fans just buy a Wii U then?

RPGCrazied

$99 Wii U new price
A new Metroid for 3DS/Wii U
New Zelda

X announced that is releasing this year worldwide, also announcing Xenoblade HD.

That would do it for me.

Freeman

Banned
Merger with Sony.
Acquired by MS.
Full-fledged Pokemon for WiiU.
Drop the gamepad and cut the price to $149.
WiiU discontinued, Nintendo to become third-party on consoles.

Top Bottom