• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the one thing Nintendo can announce at E3 that would make GAF explode?

DJ-TheGrey

Neo Member
F Zero Wii U
Zelda Wii u
Fire Emblem Wii U
Or something thats extremely unlikely like a Final Fantasy Exclusive for wii U
Any of the above released this holiday season

What kind of explode? Excitement or anger. Heck just doing a conference there would be sufficient for both.

As for the Nintendo directs and assuming anger thats pretty easy. Another European direct still with no info on SMTIV, Chibi Robo, Rusty's Baseball and Devilish Brain Training.

Things that would make me personally explode. NNID made mandatory for online play of Smash Bros.

Synth

I dunno about that. Why don't Bayonetta fans just buy a Wii U then?

Because they aren't Shenmue fans, and aren't anywhere close to being as comparably desperate for a new entry. :p

With that said.. Bayonetta 2 is the main reason I'll be picking up a Wii U (but then, I also didn't whine about its reveal).

Sadist

The introduction of Robo Yamauchi. It emulates his business savy ways and drops the bomb.

Honestly, there won't be anything they can do.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This would be a dream of mine come true .. just minus the
Nintendo

As big of a Sonic and Sega fan as I am, even I can't say I'd rather have that game being developed by Sega with a straight face. Say what you want about Nintendo. They know how to make good platformers. I'd certainly trust them with a Mario/Sonic platformer more than I'd trust Sonic Team.

Unless you're purely talking about the console part, in which case I would agree if Sega actually had money to support such a system by themselves.

Lynd7

Finally unleashing the killer app they have been sitting on for years.

3rd person, 3D, Pokemon adventure.

bjork

Shenmue 3 but you play as Miis.

Seems like Nintendo anything at e3 is cause for much GAF activity, whether it's a big announcement or a ho-hum video in place of a press conference. That's part of the fun of it, I guess?

Noaksey

Neo Member
As big of a Sonic and Sega fan as I am, even I can't say I'd rather have that game being developed by Sega with a straight face. Say what you want about Nintendo. They know how to make good platformers. I'd certainly trust them with a Mario/Sonic platformer more than I'd trust Sonic Team.

Unless you're purely talking about the console part, in which case I would agree if Sega actually had money to support such a system by themselves.

That was exactly what I was saying Sega Consoles were works of art!

I know they still had some ways to go platforming and game wise but they knew how to make beautiful hardware.

thefro

GAF will probably explode over the QOL product since it'll probably be at least one of the following:
- Really cool
- Really weird
- Really dumb

personally, it would be the announcement that

Sora aka Sakurai will develop the next entry in the Mega Man franchise using the Smash Bros engine.

realistically,
any of these long overdue franchises in HD

Zelda
Metroid
F-Zero
StarFox
Earthbound
Star Tropics

Anything from Retro thats not Donkey Kong.

Another exclusive like Bayonetta 2 level.

Hiring of any of the free agents of the gaming industry, Fumito Ueda, Igarashi, Itagaki, Inafune and others i may have forgotten.

Jucksalbe

Banned
GAF will probably explode over the QOL product since it'll probably be at least one of the following:
- Really cool
- Really weird
- Really dumb

Do people expect this to have anything to do with gaming? I'd at least not expect to see this at E3.

Gamecube 2 with a 20nm SoC from AMD, full backwards-compatability via emulation all the way back to the first Gamecube. Supports all the gimmicky garbage peripherals Nintendo put out in that time.

Uses a standard gamepad for next gen games.

My expectations are low. I suspect we'll see teaser stuff on Zelda U, maybe some info on that health angle they were talking about, but not much else.

If they really wanted to knock a few socks off, they'd announce a new console and committed 3rd party support from the heavy hitters. Bethesda, EA and so forth. This would naturally piss off the fanbase, but if they made that new console fully b/c (lol) with WiiU and Wii, enabled an optional tablet, and offered $100 off for anyone with a registered WiiU on Club Nintendo, then it might not go too terrible.
Who am I kidding, of COURSE it would.

At this point so few own a WiiU and really not that many own a 3DS (when compared to the DS) that the only thing I really see making the internet exploding is Nintendo coming out and announcing they'll retire from the home console business and do what they do best: make games.

Meesh

Buy SquareEnix...for whatever reason.
Or buy Capcom.
Metroid Dread Apocalypse WiiU.
Crystal Chronicles.
QOL reveal.
WiiU2 announced, code named "WiiThree".
Dream Cast VC with Shenmue.
Beyond Good and Evil2 backed by Nintendo.
Nintendo backs Itagaki for Devils Third.

I think those would sorta blow my top. :)

Shenmue 3 exclusive

I'm sorry to inform that while that news would maybe make many at GAF explode it wouldnt really make the internet go insane. Let's face it... not many people really care about Shenmue or even know what it is. It's a tiny, super niche franchise from 15 years ago that had onyl two games for two consoles that were never very popular (especially the Dreamcast).

Yes Shenmue III would be swell, no it wouldn't make the internet explode.

Top Bottom