• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Favorite SP/MP FPS Of All-Time?

Monocle

Halo 1, no question. A classic campaign with endless replayability solo or co-op.

I don't really care for multiplayer, but Halo 3's and Halo 5's multiplayer can be great in the right circumstances.

Halo 3, because its sandbox and the advent of the series' map creator, Forge, encourage wild creativity and madcap fun.

Halo 5, because its mechanics are close to perfect, the weapon balance is insanely good, and the all new redesigned Forge is ridiculously versatile. Everything from racetracks with crazy loops and jumps, to complex mazes of platforming-based challenge rooms, to drivable replicas of the Millennium Falcon are possible with Halo 5's Forge mode.

dsier

My favorite FPS ever is Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The campaign was awesome with lots of great moments and missions like the escape from a Gulag, the destruction of the Soyuz 2 and especially the parts set in Vietnam. The best part about the campaign in my eyes was the inclusion of real historical figures such as JFK and Castro into a fictional story.

The multiplayer in Black Ops is much slower and more tactical than those in later entries. The highest killstreak in the game is 11, which is pretty low compared to the other games in the series after MW2. Overall, it's my favorite multiplayer of any game ever.

But the best part about Black Ops, and the reason it's my favorite FPS ever, is the Zombies mode. I must've spent around 200 hours playing "Kino der Toten", and at least the same amount of time on all the other maps combined. Instead of sleeping, many nights were spent slaying zombies with friends, strangers or by myself. In my opinion, zombies mode has never reached the quality of Black Ops ever again.

To sum up, Call of Duty: Black Ops has in my opinion the best multiplayer of all time, one of the greatest FPS campaigns ever as well as the most addicting and engaging zombies/horde mode ever created. It's by far my favorite FPS game and definitely in my Top 10 games of all time.

Freezard

I can't just name one (except in multiplayer)!

SP: Metroid Prime, Half-Life 2, BioShock, Doom, Quake, F.E.A.R.
Co-op: Perfect Dark, Left 4 Dead, Halo (not sure which one), Serious Sam HD: TFE
MP: Unreal Tournament, Quake Live

Damon

Multiplayer

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 easily the amount of fun I had on maps >>>

Compared to the rest of the battlefields I played on consoles.

I really wish they bring it back for Backwards Compatibility, they've done BFBC2 but I feel like they wont bother with BFBC1.

Top Bottom