• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favourite take away food, GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about this, I like take away it's perfect for those times when I am too tired or lazy to cook.

So I got to thinking which kind of takeaway food do I like the most?

Pizza?
Chinese?
Indian?
Burgers?
Fish and chips?
Kebabs/wraps?

I'll start with my favourite.

Pizza

What's not to love about about a nice big 16 inch pizza, all that delicious cheese melting everywhere, the meaty pepperoni, tangy peppers and my favourite toppings of all - mushrooms.

I also love all of the options, do I choose deep pan or thin base, stuffed crusts or regular. Do I add extra toppings or do I just pick one of the preset pizza's from the menu.

One day I will need to go through every pizza on my local Pizza guy's menu (no dominoes here, too small a town for that).

That said when it comes to pizza there is one golden rule - no pineapples.

If you want pineapples that's fine but we will be ordering two pizzas because of this, I will order a separate pizza without pinapples for me, I will not even touch a pizza that has had pineapple on it, so don't bother picking them off.

So GAF, which is your favourite and why?

Burgers..... Ahhhhhhh Burgers Burgers Burgers. They are the biggest joy in live for me aside of gaming.

Too bad I can't eat one for two months cuz I'm on a diet now... I gained 4kg and I want to lose them.

Sch1sm

Burgers..... Ahhhhhhh Burgers Burgers Burgers. They are the biggest joy in live for me aside of gaming.

Too bad I can't eat one for two months cuz I'm on a diet now... I gained 4kg and I want to lose them.

Burgers.
More burgers.
A lot more burgers.
I really like burgers, man.

Good Chinese/Thai food is great because I can dip into like 5 different things for a meal. Looking at the take out menu though gives me an existential crisis every time though.

pa22word

A good burger is terrible for takeout, as it would be soggy by the time you start eating it anyways. I mean McD's or whatever at 3 am is one thing, but generally I'd never order a burger for takeout.

Pizza is the best, chinese next.

Chicken tikka korma with keema naan, onion bhaji with mint sauce, and fried rice.

Second favourite is Pork Satay with rice, with an order of crispy shredded beef in szechuan sauce.

Permanently A

I don't know what that is.

I'm so sorry.

17-gyro.png

Sausage and Chips or Saveloy and Chips from a chippy

I need to figure out where the fish & chip shops get those sausages from at some point. They're awesome

Rocketz

Thai - chicken Pad Thai medium spice
Middle Eastern - Chicken Shawarma wrap with a Fattoush and a side of pita and garlic sause

I love pizza, but you also can't beat a battered sausage supper from the chippy.

Also kebabs. I'm not fond of Chinese food.

darscot

Take away I can't really pick a favorite, I just rotate between them all.

Street food, Donair is the easy winner for me.

Icefire1424

Legit BBQ. I'm fortunate enough to drive close enough to Dinosaur BBQ on my commute home so that when the mood strikes, some smoked pork ribs or pulled pork is never too far away.

Fluvian

Banned
Depends what variety of drunk or high I am.

Weed > Pizza
Beer > Chinese
Hard liquor > breakfast McD's
MDMA > Indian food

pa22word

Five Guys is great, but they have this aversion to toasting their rolls.

Exactly! I mean what's the point of take out when the burger is ruined about about 4 mins after you leave? I mean if you're ordering it and then sitting out in the parking lot munching down then whatever, but kind of defeats the spirit of "take out" imo.

Personally, probably pizza. iirc, we have the largest per capita concentration of non-chain pizza places. Tons of good variety.

Speaking of gyros though, finally a place opened up about a year ago locally that adds fries to them, as god intended (this is how I remember them from the last time I was in Greece).

Without hesitation, a burger. I can always go for a burger and there's always a good burger to be had.

I also love hot dogs but that's not a take-out/fast food item as much as it should be. At least anywhere I've ever lived.

Pizza would be up there too, but since I moved from South Florida, which had good NY-like pizza due to snow birds and retirees, to Austin and now Los Angeles, I've given up on pizza for the most part. Though Pieology is good for that boutique style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom