• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm really hungry. What are some of your favorite foods?

A topic I can get behind! I'd roll up my sleeves but I don't wear anything with sleeves outside of hoodies/jackets so here we go!

*1 fried egg with salt, pepper, bacon, and a slice of cheese between two pieces of toast with Miracle Whip.

*Bacon in general

*Broccoli fried in oil with paprika, alpine salt, and white cheddar popcorn seasoning

*mild Japanese pork curry

*authentic restaurant Japanese Ramen

*Blue or purple bags of Doritos

*Burger King Impossible Whooper - Lettuce and Tomato + cheese and bacon

*Hardees Monster Burger

*Fried Chicken

*Peanut butter and Cool Ranch Doritos sandwhich

*Garlic Parmesan seasoning coated chicken wings

*LASAGNA

*Meatloaf

*Pizza (best pizza i've ever had is a 20 minute drive away rawr)

Those are the first things to come to mind. Love food. Probably part of my problem with having a legitimate food addiction and used to weigh just shy of 300 lbs. x.x It's hard to stay in shape/lose weight when sooooooooooooooooooo many things taste sooooooooooooooooo good

A topic I can get behind! I'd roll up my sleeves but I don't wear anything with sleeves outside of hoodies/jackets so here we go!

*1 fried egg with salt, pepper, bacon, and a slice of cheese between two pieces of toast with Miracle Whip.

*Bacon in general

*Broccoli fried in oil with paprika, alpine salt, and white cheddar popcorn seasoning

*mild Japanese pork curry

*authentic restaurant Japanese Ramen

*Blue or purple bags of Doritos

*Burger King Impossible Whooper - Lettuce and Tomato + cheese and bacon

*Hardees Monster Burger

*Fried Chicken

*Peanut butter and Cool Ranch Doritos sandwhich

*Garlic Parmesan seasoning coated chicken wings

*LASAGNA

*Meatloaf

*Pizza (best pizza i've ever had is a 20 minute drive away rawr)

Those are the first things to come to mind. Love food. Probably part of my problem with having a legitimate food addiction and used to weigh just shy of 300 lbs. x.x It's hard to stay in shape/lose weight when sooooooooooooooooooo many things taste sooooooooooooooooo good

Your list genuinely grossed me the fuck out.

I've just made a lovely carbonara 😀
0XdGetH.jpg

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Green smoothies. Everybody should eat at least 3-4 pounds of greens per week. Kale/Spinach are the king of foods. Most nutrient-dense per calorie of them all.

AJUMP23

I was going to create a fave foods thread but I saw we had one, so I am going to give it a bump.

I think my all-time favorite food is a Hamburger. I make good ones, and they are hard to beat with cheese and Tomato and Pickle. I use to order them every time I went to Olive Garden as a kid. This was in their test market and they were not yet on the menu. So they would ask the chef. I always got one and eventually they added hamburgers to the kids menu. I think I played a small part in that.

My mom's potato salad. I cannot remember the recipe, only pieces of it. I have gotten close but never perfect like my mother.

Skish-kabobs. We have a great marinade for them, and they soak it up for 24 hours. Then you grill and make rice. Nothing like the steak the sauce and roasted veggies all mixed with the rice.

Traianvs

If some doctor will ever tell me that I have only 24hrs to live, I'll probably kill myself much earlier by eating

trofie with pesto

ZrttFud.jpg

while crunching some taralli

VPHs7Eg.jpg

My stomach is telling me to devour some good food. What are some of your favorites GAF? What can you eat all the time and never get sick of? Pizza? Steak? Soy?

I'm a basic bitch as my tag says and I do love a great steak. Cooked medium with a bit of salt and pepper. Maybe some mushrooms and onions on top. I could probably eat Italian food every other day of the week as well.
I'd be able to eat pizza 24h, 365 days a year for the rest of my life, so this

Punished Miku

Gold Member
For my vote, I gotta go with pizza probably. Just the ultimate comfort food. Or chips and queso.

Consuming melted cheese is how we transcend the hardships of the mortal world.

Last edited:
- Legit sushi (if it's not made by a mumbling Japanese guy at a bar I don't want it)
- Legit hibachi (if it's not made by a Japanese guy who can handle knives like Steven Seagal I don't want it)
- Legit Chinese food (I want to taste the cat flavor)
- French Onion Soup
- French Dips
- Chocolate covered cherries / strawberries
- Hamburger w/ egg on top
- Chili dogs
- Filet mignon (blackened / rare on inside)
- Asparagus with hollandaise
- All breakfast foods
- Most Indian food

I'm hungry af now

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
I keep a stash of nuts in the pantry when I'm craving a snack.
Peanuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios
Dried Blueberries
Honey.

Roast them in the oven with cinnamon & salt. Usually just make a trail mix with some dark chocolate. Tasty stuff.

Meal wise I love chicken wings. BBq sauces or dry rubs. Have them almost weekly.
Warm weather is here so I make cucumber salads, chickpea salads. Love the fresh chill of them. Great as a side.
Made some Ribs last night with homemade bbq sauce. I can always down more ribs.

Currently on the stove. Homemade tomato sauce for pasta, eggplant parm, bbq sauce. Good shit.

There is a great authentic mexican food place by where i live. I usually get fish tacos with tilapia. and loaded shredded beef nachos.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
- Filet migon medium rare. Reverse seared is usually how I do them.
- Surf and turf, so grilled jumbo shrimps to go on the side
- Octopus
- Pizza
- Home made pasta sauce usually a beef pork combo
- Fresh oysters by the dozens until I get tired of opening them. Usually with a dab of sriracha
- Fois Gras on toast with onion jam or raspberry jam and some rock salt
- Thai style curry I made at home with a pre made curry paste
- Indian takeout, usually go for tandori grill, lamb, chicken or mixed veggies (or all 3)
- All sorts of Thai takout but hard to beat amazing pad thai, try to go for a shrimp and chicken combo
- Eggs and bacon for breakfast
- Home made pancakes. I do them more american styel or my wife does russian blini, both amazing
- Sushi but I am pretty picky, hate average sushi
- Home made oven baked basil fries
- Tons of broccoli and cauliflower. Usually steamed (broccoli) or roasted (caulflower)
- Eggplant and zuchini parmesan with fresh parm and fresh mozarella

Thats pretty much we eat at our house on a monthly basis

Last edited:
Top Bottom