• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your preference: console gaming, pc gaming or mobile gaming?

Strike

Console. Handheld sporadically. I'd like to get back into PC, but I'd like to make time to build a rig and thin out a big chunk of my backlog on other platforms before that.

Speely

Banned
I enjoy PC + Portable a lot. PC and Switch has been my favorite combo ever. I usually use a controller for my PC while laying in bed since it's set up right next to it as my media center for my room as well.

Orpheum

Been playing on console ever since i started gaming and it never changed. I have a somewhat capable gaming PC but i never use it nowadays since i have very limited time on my hands.

Never played on mobile besides some games when i got my first smartphone, didn't like the experience at all

I've enjoyed games on PC so much more than on my PS4 since I started last year. I love all the options PC gives me; I can use the hardware as I see fit. I can make my framerate higher, I can get rid of motion-blur/vignette/whatever. I can run my games in 4K if I feel like it. I can play with whatever controller I'd like whether it's wireless or wired. I've also enjoyed getting games completely-free from places like gog, humblebundle, and Steam--no online subscription needed. I can play on my monitor or on my TV depending on what I'm feeling.

I also have a Switch that has helped me enjoy games even on the days when I don't really have time to sit in front of a TV/monitor. The Switch is perfect for when you have 30 minutes or less to kill in between the happenings of the day. I cycle through Graceful Explosion Machine, Zelda, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe based on my mood. It's also let me share my love of games with people who would otherwise never give video games a chance. Seeing other people enjoying a video game for probably the first time in their life always makes me smile. Lastly, playing games in my bed is amazing.

Handheld > Console > PC for me, and that's primarily down to convenience and reliability.

Handhelds can be used anywhere and don't inconvenience anyone else in the household. Consoles can be played on the sofa and my fiancée's with ease and comfort, while my PC is great when I can use it but very much a work first kind of set up at a desk, plus, sorting out drivers and trouble shooting issues is still a pain in the backside even if they're a lot rarer problems now than they used to be.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Consoles.

I bought Just Cause 3 for the PC due to the steam sale and I haven't been able to launch it. I have decent computer I think. i5 2500k, 8GB ram, 970 gpu. but that game decided nope.

At least Steam is going to allow me to refund it.

I work with computers all day as a job. When I get home, I just want it to work.

Ritzboof

i play everything on my PC, consoles are huge inconvenience for me. PC will always have the largest and most varied library, too

i totally understand people that play console because they cant separate computers and work, though

Honestly, console gaming.

Born in 84. First memories are of the NES in 88.

With Windows PC? Did not even learn how to type until early 00s. For real.

And even now, I exclusively use Chrome OS, and Android these days. I don't even use Windows OS anymore.

Smokey

1. PC Gaming
2. Console Gaming

Things like sports games I'll play heavily on console and the exclusives. Other than that, I prefer to play games at 100fps+ and at 2560x1440. Don't care for mobile gaming at all.

Tailzo

I have a nice pc, ps4 pro, switch, 3ds, Vita & a ms surface.

I play so litte on the pc, that I think I actually play Civ 6 touch based on the surface more than on my gtx970 machine...

Since I go to work by using public transportation, Switch is getting the most play these days, but before that: Vita. I actually miss playing Vita, because it's a better portable than the switch.

Sakwoff

I've played on PCs since the 286/DOS days.

My first console was an Xbox 360 around 2010. So yeah. Console games are fun, but I'll probably always prefer PC.

takriel

PC gaming for multiplatform games, console gaming for exclusive games, handheld gaming for exclusive games and the convenience, fuck mobile gaming.

GenericUser

My PC is old and I can't bring myself to Shell out hundreds of euros just to play games that I'm mostly able to play on my PS4 anyways.

So it's like I'm 70 percent console gamer (PS4) and 30 percent PC gamer where I enjoy classics like command and conquer, baldurs gate, StarCraft and so on.

dose

You class Vita and 3DS as mobile gaming? i'm confused, That's handheld gaming, mobile gaming term is used to describe gaming on phones. I think people are going to skip the OP and not realise what you mean.
Anyway, ontopic, console gaming for me.

RM8

PC > handheld >>> console.

But I'll play games on anything, really. If I could have it my way, I'd be able to play any game on my 3DS.

Always handheld. Primary time I play games is on the bus to/from work. I don't really have that much time to play games otherwise.

I also don't even have a TV. Kinda wish my Switch could hook up to my laptop, but unfortunately that's not how it works.

thenexus6

As primarily a console gamer I go with that. Just so used to pick up and play. I got a gaming PC and its great too, alot more choice and cheaper games.

Not really into handheld because I find them uncomfortable and too low res.

I preferred playing on a TV, but with a wife and two children under two years old that becomes difficult. Handhelds have been convenient as a result, which is why I'm glad so many services exist for streaming. I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to stream PC on my Switch with that app nobody believes is coming, but I too have no idea why Nintendo would approve anything. Either way, my preference is handheld now. I may shell out for an old Nvidia Shield or start using the Moonlight app once I get a bigger phone as well.

On the weekend I bought Firewatch for PC, played an hour of The Last Of Us Remastered and played some Clash Royale on my way to work so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Console or PC. Controls, screen size, ergonomics, graphics, etc hold handheld gaming back too much. Switch is the best handheld cuz I can use it on my TV.

HCgamer

Console and handheld ds 3ds vita I never owned a gaming pc I am considering building a gaming pc within next three years or when ps2, wii and wii u emulation is perfected I own many games for each console.

Console. I've bought a few PC games recently (civ6, warhammer total war, ...), but they barely hold my attention these day. Much rather play on my PS4 tbh. I also bought my first capable smartphone last year, and after finally having the opportunity to really try out mobile games, I have come to realize it is, outside of very few exceptions, entirely and completely without merit.

Budi

Well I play them all too, though my mobile gaming is pretty much limited to Clash Royale. Atleast for now. But my preference is clearly PC, don't have a current gen console. Looking into getting a Switch down the line.

PC is just irreplaceable with all the features it brings to the table, not all gaming related even. So I always need to have one.

Atomski

Mostly PC, some Handheld and little bit mobile. Consoles just feel like a waste of money as I already have too many games and not enough time to play them.

noomi

PC > PS4 > Mobile

Never was big into mobile, maybe when I was a kid and had my old gameboy. Still i own a 3ds and vita, will likely give the 3ds to my boy when he gets older

Top Bottom