• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When keeping it real goes REALLY wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dojokun

Banned
JDSN said:
What a fucking tragedy, for everyone involved.

When being internet tough guy goes REALLY REALLY wrong:

teruterubozu
Banned
(Today, 01:18 PM

kylej
Banned
(Today, 01:20 PM)

zoukka
Banned
(Today, 01:23 PM)

Medalion
Banned
(Today, 01:24 PM)
1 more:

BobLoblaw
Banned
(Today, 11:25 AM)
Reply | Quote

SUPREME1

Banned
Dude Abides said:
Also, are you Armenian and is your tag some kind of reference to the less-than-friendly feelings between many Armenians and Turks?

I got the tag on my first day on GAF. Topic was the Armenian Genocide and I took it a little too far and basically said F*** Turkey (regarding their stance only).

No, I'm not Armenian.

dojokun said:
They didn't read the FAQ for the same reason they didn't the OP... :lol
211wgeq.jpg
2lj3uo7.jpg
:lol

Davidion

It's a shame how life and death is sometimes determined by some worthless street monkey with a gun.

Sorry tale for the family of the victim.

Jamesfrom818 said:
I would think she'd have to be equally hot as the GF for them to hang out.

not always from what i learned from saved by the bell and ABC's TGIF programing block that the hot chicks always have a fat chick to make them feel good about themselves.

Ugh I'm sick to my stomach reading this. I was hoping for justice while reading the court part. Fucking sucks for the family. Barely any punishment.

Dabanton

A absolutely sad story,for all involved .

Also good for those members banned for their nonsense, it would have taken you less than 2 mins to read the full story.

Takuan

The killer getting away bothers me to the core, and the brother is a damned coward for bringing an armed buddy to a fist-fight. From the article, it appeared Kat's brother didn't do much or any talking at all.

I don't think Kat deserves the murder charge, since she only sic'd her brother on Mike. She may not have known that he would bring his murderer buddy with him, or at the very least had no direct control over their actions. It's clear that she's trouble, but if you could convict girls just for being trouble-making bitches, well... there'd be a lot more bitches of the female persuasion in jail.

The entire situation is regrettable, but the fact is that it's inevitable that a story like this will pop up again. It happens all the time and is usually resolved with little more than words or a minor scuffle, but every now and then some idiot looking with something to prove brings a weapon of some sort. With all the idiots running amuck in the world, this sort of stuff is just bound to happen. People have been killed for less, really.

y2dvd

Sad story. I think the problem with long articles was that I thought I was gonna get rickrolled or fresh princed so I scrolled down to the last paragraph only to spoil the story lol. Mike shouldn't have sent that text in the first place, but in no way did he deserve this.

ImperialConquest said:
Did you guys skim thru the article?

THE BROTHER FLED TO ARMENIA.

THE KILLER HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED.

The sister was the only one the DA could try and she got off.

Did you skim through the article?

Here, bolded for your convenience:

Authorities say the driver of the BMW was Vahagn Jurian, 22, of Van Nuys, described in courtroom testimony as Kat's cousin. Jurian is believed to have fled to Armenia, which does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S. The district attorney's office has charged him with being an accessory after the fact to the killing.

Kat, now 21, was arrested and charged with murder and conspiracy to commit assault. Prosecutors contended she had set the night's events in motion when she allegedly told her brother to beat up Mike. Prosecutors did not charge her brother, however, citing a lack of evidence.

The brother didn't flee, he got away due to a supposed "lack of evidence," which is bullshit on its own.

It's her cousin that fled the country, as he was the driver of the car and certainly an accomplice.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Korey said:
It seems like it would be easy for the friends to identify the brother. Or am I missing something?

From what I read, it wasn't Kat's brother who did it. It was another guy who fled and the article indicated that Armenia has no extradition treaty with the US, so the killer got away with it.

Korey

TheUsual said:
From what I read, it wasn't Kat's brother who did it. It was another guy who fled and the article indicated that Armenia has no extradition treaty with the US, so the killer got away with it.
Ok that makes more sense. But didn't Kat call her brother? Which would also make him a conspirator no?

TheUsual

Gold Member
Korey said:
Ok that makes more sense. But didn't Kat call her brother? Which would also make him a conspirator no?

The brother wasn't charged because of lack of evidence. No one knows what happened between Kat's brother and the guys who went to the parking lot, so the court can't prove anything...as of this time.

I can see a Reservoir Dogs-esque movie based on this. The texts before the confrontation, the events in the parking lot, the guys in the SUV fleeing. The bro would be Mr. Pink and the shooter would be Mr. Blonde, of course. For added effect the parking lot scene won't be filmed.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
shidoshi said:
Why do people have so much trouble reading? If you don't want to read all of the text, go find another thread where somebody is instead very succinctly saying that they just bought a new car and wants to ask GAF where they should be driving.

to be fair, the article was terribly written. i guess it was attempting to find some kind of profundity in a simply laying out the events as a simple quotidian narrative, but in practice was like pushing my eyes through a lake of monk semen.

jett

D-Member
Some guy got killed because he called some other dude's sister a bitch.

read the whole thing., it really wasn't that interesting of a story.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
btkadams said:
:(

definitely worth reading, guys. so sad though.

This is seriously some fucked up shit. Why WHY would you kill someone over the word bitch? Who the fuck CARES? This article has filled me with the kind of rage I can't even begin to describe.

Takuan

I really hope Karma finds its way to the brother in some form. Truly a coward in every sense of the word.

Reality usually hits girls like Kat the hardest, so I'm not worried about life handing her a smack to the face somewhere down the road.

That's a sad story. One thing that bugs me is how they wrote it though. Does every news article need to be turned into a novel now? I'm not referring to the length, only to the way it's written.

At least justice has (mostly) been served. It can't bring him back, but it's something. You wouldn't believe how many cases result in no prosecutions.

AFreak

Banned
That totally sucks, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a parking lot fight. Why because when fight or flight comes into play, I'll be dipping it the other way.

BTW, I would on the girlfriend, anyone have a picture of Kat?

Onemic

Wow. She should be charged for fucking murder.

Even worse that the actual killer still hasn't been found. I would think that Kat of all people would know who killed Mike since she pretty much put everything in motion.

onemic said:

Even worse that the actual killer still hasn't been found. I would think that Kat of all people would know who killed Mike since she pretty much put everything in motion.

Her whole family knows who the killer is but they are afraid to say.

Dude Abides

Banned
ImperialConquest said:
I got the tag on my first day on GAF. Topic was the Armenian Genocide and I took it a little too far and basically said F*** Turkey (regarding their stance only).

No, I'm not Armenian.

Gotcha. I have a few Armenian friends and they all hate Turks. Even the ones who are smart enough to know better than to hate a whole nationality.

Takuan

onemic said:

Murder is pushing it. She does sound like an awful person, but there's no evidence that she ordered him killed. From what we know, the brother is the one who decided to bring along the triggerhappy cousin. He must have known what his cousin was capable of.

Either way, a kid is dead and his killer is chilling somewhere in Armenia, unlikely to ever face justice for his actions. All we can do is add Mike's murder to the encyclopaedia of teen-aged cautionary tales.

As a side note, I also found the writing style of the article inappropriately dramatic.

Jeels

girl was a bitch and her brother a fucking pansy for bringing a friend who bought a gun. trash is trash.

Don't really understand why so many people got away with this. The entire thing is all sorts of messed.

selig

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
At least justice has (mostly) been served. It can't bring him back, but it's something. You wouldn't believe how many cases result in no prosecutions.

ah, so the girl has been killed? Glad to hear

Jeels said:
girl was a bitch and her brother a fucking pansy for bringing a friend who bought a gun. trash is trash.

Don't really understand why so many people got away with this. The entire thing is all sorts of messed.

Armenian mafia, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom