• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When keeping it real goes REALLY wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
Kat is a sore loser. Hope she feels guilty about being a complete bitch for the rest of her life, since she won't be rotting in prison for it.

Ceres

Banned
Where exactly is the part where they are keeping it real?

And it's not the length of the article but the absolutely horrible writing that makes it so bad.

Jeff-DSA

But I've always been told that one simply "has gotta keep it real".

Sad story. It's too bad that the killer is most likely going to get away with it too. At least he can't come back here.

mollipen

teruterubozu said:
Bold or close.

Banned Memes:
10. tl;dr (including variant "BOLD PLEASE")

Why do people have so much trouble reading? If you don't want to read all of the text, go find another thread where somebody is instead very succinctly saying that they just bought a new car and wants to ask GAF where they should be driving.

As for the story, yeah... why wouldn't he just, you know, NOT meet up with these guys? I also guess I should enjoy living on the Western-most side of the Valley. Things over here seem to be rather un-eventful for the most part.

Ceres said:

And it's not the length of the article but the absolutely horrible writing that makes it so bad.

1) Kat keeps it real by taking the "bitch" comment way too seriously.

2) Mike keeps it real by showing up; he could have just stayed home or something.

3) Stranger with gun keeps it real by bringing a gun to a fight about a woman being called a "bitch".

4) Stranger keeps it realer by shooting Mike in the head when he could have just pistol whipped him or shot him in the leg or something.

shidoshi said:
Why do people have so much trouble reading? If you don't want to read all of the text, go find another thread where somebody is instead very succinctly saying that they just bought a new car and wants to ask GAF where they should be driving.

As for the story, yeah... why wouldn't he just, you know, NOT meet up with these guys? I also guess I should enjoy living on the Western-most side of the Valley. Things over here seem to be rather un-eventful for the most part.

Bah! Waddya want me to say? Sorry? Waiting for the fucking ban. Do it already.

zerokoolpsx said:
Calling her brother to fight her battles for her. Yea, she sounds like a bitch. It should have never gotten to the parking lot, but it did.

She is stupid but what did expect her to do? Show up and go toe to toe with him? lol

Koomaster

Axion22 said:
"Do you have proof she's a bitch?"

"Yes, I am talking to you now."

It should have ended there!
Gonna post this exact thing. Your sister escalated me calling her a bitch to this level, what more proof do you need?

Such a shame that guy had to die.

TheUsual said:
After reading that, I just can't grasp why the situation ended in murder.

EDIT
If both sides just stopped for a second and just REALIZED that the situation was ridiculous (all of this over a text message), its unlikely anyone would be dead. Instead, they get swept up in emotion and lives are ruined.

Less to do with the situation and more to do with someone taking their anger out.

Sometimes people just got hotheaded in a situation like this...and let their emotions take over without realizing why they are there for the first place.

The situation was calming down according to the article.

This guy seemed like he just wanted to hurt someone.

Mudkips

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Seriously, it took a few minutes and it's a well written article. FFS.

No it's not.
A simple log of the texts would have been far easier to understand, and far more informational.
Not reading it and saying "bold plz" is still retarded.

At the close of the hearing, Superior Court Judge Karen Nudell dismissed the murder charge against Kat, but ordered her to stand trial on the conspiracy count.

Disgusting.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MWS Natural said:
She is stupid but what did expect her to do? Show up and go toe to toe with him? lol

a simple "he says I'm a bitch? Fuck him..." combined with not conspiring to commit acts of violence would have been the right path.

CharlieDigital said:
1) Kat keeps it real by taking the "bitch" comment way too seriously.

2) Mike keeps it real by showing up; he could have just stayed home or something.

3) Stranger with gun keeps it real by bringing a gun to a fight about a woman being called a "bitch".

4) Stranger keeps it realer by shooting Mike in the head when he could have just pistol whipped him or shot him in the leg or something.

Thats not "keeping it real". Thats rage-fueled escalation. Actually keeping it real would be "she called me a bitch? huh." and the two would stop hanging out.

Is it really that hard?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
1. WHO DIS PLAYIN ON MY PHONE
2. I want to make it clear I read the entire article, which is how I know:
3. This story seems unremarkable. Kids talking shit; someone ends up dead. Is it because it unfolded via text?
4. Why is the article written so stupidly?

selig

Banned
Another slap in the face of all women that fought for emancipation. A girl orders her brother to kill someone because she was insulted. sigh

Alucrid

Banned
selig said:
Another slap in the face of all women that fought for emancipation. A girl orders her brother to kill someone because she was insulted. sigh

Uh..well, what? I mean stupid people are stupid people. She didn't move the entire female gender back another 200 years.

liquidatedbrains said:
Thats not "keeping it real". Thats rage-fueled escalation. Actually keeping it real would be "she called me a bitch? huh." and the two would stop hanging out.

Is it really that hard?

You don't know how "Keepin' it real" works, do you?

dojokun

Banned
UPDATE:

Suspect who fired the gun has been identified as RiskyChris, who initially didn't know any of the parties involved, but took it personally that any feminine entity was called a bitch. Police first arrested him, but then released him because they got sick of him derailing other criminals' court cases by starting arguments about feminism with the guards as they passed by his jail cell.

mollipen

teruterubozu said:
Bah! Waddya want me to say? Sorry? Waiting for the fucking ban. Do it already.

Hey, just trying to provide a friendly warning, since I'm sure a lot of people around here don't know about that being part of the banned memes list.

JoeBoy101

dojokun said:
UPDATE:

Suspect who fired the gun has been identified as RiskyChris, who initially didn't know any of the parties involved, but took it personally that any feminine entity was called a bitch. Police first arrested him, but then released him because they got sick of him derailing other criminals' court cases by starting arguments about feminism with the guards as they passed by his jail cell.

Mugshot?

color-dinosaur.gif

dojokun said:
UPDATE:

Can anyone tell me where this Riskychris meme originated?

I keep seeing these posts everywhere and I want to see where the hilarity originated.

Oh, and that girl called Kat should have been kept with murder charges. There is always that dumb motherfucker who takes a comment too seriously and sets up a chain of events that leads to tragedy.

damn

Ceres said:

liquidatedbrains said:

Is it really that hard?

Rage fueled, self-destructive escalation is the modern definition of "keeping it real."

Dave_Chappelle_When_Keep_It_Real_Goes_Wrong_NSFW.jpg

I don't like nobody playing on my phone!

01po.gif

What'd you say bitch nigga?

Future

I wanted to shift some blame to the dead kid, but the sad thing is that he didnt initially mean to be confrontational. He sent the text to his gf only. Still, ya gotta be more careful. Dont meet random dudes in a parking lot unless you are rockin a man pack with grenades and smoke bombs Jack Baeur style

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What's sad is this isn't as surprising as it should be. People going over board over something as simple as a text and a kid ends up dead.

She really was a bitch in the end. Feel bad for the families and the other kids involved. He sounds like a kinda good kid that was a bit of a jealous dude, but fuck man not worth getting killed over.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
shidoshi said:

I don't have problems with reading large blocks of text but there's a lot of unnecessary details in that article. The real tragedy is how often this same scenario plays out, with only the names and a few details changed.

R2D4

Banned
shidoshi said:

Maybe because some people don't have time to read long boring story just to find out that some stupid teenager got shot? That's why you say at the beginning of the thread "This kid got shot over this girl if you want to find out more read this book."

dojokun

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Can anyone tell me where this Riskychris meme originated?

I keep seeing these posts everywhere and I want to see where the hilarity originated.

Oh, and that girl called Kat should have been kept with murder charges. There is always that dumb motherfucker who takes a comment too seriously and sets up a chain of events that leads to tragedy.

damn
In addition to the thread link above, read:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392637
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392650

And to show how the NeoGAF community feels about RiskyChris, here's the parody thread on the above link:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392659

Ceres

Banned
Borgnine said:
1. WHO DIS PLAYIN ON MY PHONE
2. I want to make it clear I read the entire article, which is how I know:
3. This story seems unremarkable. Kids talking shit; someone ends up dead. Is it because it unfolded via text?
4. Why is the article written so stupidly?
Ceres hits the reply button.

Mentions something to Borgnine about how anyone can write for a newspaper.

Ceres hits submit reply.

Ceres closes browser window.

Ceres said:

I don't quite understand why the author felt the need to give every beat of the story instead of summarizing it for the reader.

Hex

Banned
teruterubozu said:
Bold or close.

Sounds alot like "too long, didn't read" but that could not be right could it?

The story is a prime example of why I weep for the future

What an unfortunate situation.

And btw, this story is definitely about several people 'keeping it real'. Primarily Kat's brother.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Rage fueled, self-destructive escalation is the modern definition of "keeping it real."
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom