• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace |OT| Trigger's (KLK/LWA) new TV series

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
If anyone cares, the episodes have been delayed this week and next because of Tokyo TV cutting all broadcasting at 2am.

Also, since Trigger has been doing original animation every episode, expect to see more Mirei since a certain Trigger artist loves her too.

-Horizon-

she also appears in the latest LN too, so she does return and is pretty prominent through the novel.
tumblr_inline_nbpmscelw11rl38cl.gif

TUSR

Banned
These light novels will never get translated properly, and its all over the place as far as plot goes.

EDIT:

Most of this episode and the previous was adapted from the 3rd LN.

But again, the story is all over the damn place. Its being adapted for a better climax in the anime.

LN 9 is slated for later this month.

TUSR

Banned
Mirei was in it and actually spoke, hooray!
Sayumi needs to wear glasses at all times

I was crying tears of joy :')

im pretty sure these are the scenes that trigger makes as original story/animation. like I said earlier, a few of trigger's staff love Mirei.

ill have to watch this episode out and double check.

Edit: Just saw the scene, I miss her already. Her episode was the best.

Jarmel

Banned
Inou Battle-7 aka Andou Got Fucking Told: The Episode
ibixRTOjzJ1OkR.jpg

That "I fucking stepped on a landmine" look
Oh man, dat speech in the middle. Every single thing she said was right and why chuuni shit is plain old shit. It's a bunch of childish fantasies that some people can't grow out of it and take it to the utmost extreme. This show and some others like Chuuni22 try to point it out as cool or interesting but it's really sad and pathetic. Andou's problem isn't so much the Chuuni language but rather he's a condescending prick and Hatoko snapped.He was such an utter asshole this episode that I'm happy he get called out.
Really need to compliment that VA work. Good lord did she put some fucking effort into that speech.
iBl6QcrZ0cb8S.jpg

Oh go fuck off.
Some rumors were that the show is going to go full action and going by that enemy group shot near the end, I believe it.

TUSR

Banned
Hatoko and all these feels.

Ah darn it.

Hatoko fucking unleashed, amazing. Best girl.

Also, Horizon... There is enough content to stretch 5 episodes out of LNs 1-7.

Which means LN 8 has a good chance of not get animated...

Which also means... No Mirei episode.

-Horizon-

Hatoko fucking unleashed, amazing. Best girl.

Also, Horizon... There is enough content to stretch 5 episodes out of LNs 1-7.

Which means LN 8 has a good chance of not get animated...

Which also means... No Mirei episode.

tumblr_ndnoelM3tg1tss4lfo1_500.gif

I guess it was fun watching this show *walks out the door*

ErichWK

Last episode was probably the best one. There was actually conflict..and character development and a foreseeable plot. My interests are re-piqued. Also, good fucking lord. The VA for Hatoko KILLED IT.

Now let's hope for an English dub for the lulz over the butchering of that scene.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is my guilty pleasure anime of the season. Didn't think I'd like it this much, and I actually hadn't watched an episode besides episode 1 for 6 weeks and then marathoned the rest of the episodes just recently.

Holy shit at her going off on Jurai. I haven't seen anything quite like it in anime before. It was 2.5 minutes long!

TUSR

Banned
This is my guilty pleasure anime of the season. Didn't think I'd like it this much, and I actually hadn't watched an episode besides episode 1 for 6 weeks and then marathoned the rest of the episodes just recently.

Holy shit at her going off on Jurai. I haven't seen anything quite like it in anime before. It was 2.5 minutes long!

Hatoko's VA killed it on that scene. Loved all the references she called out.

New episode should be up soon.

You had me at Trigger.

Episodes 2 and 7 are probably my favorite thus far, you should give it a go and catch up.

Jarmel

Banned
Inou Battle-8
lololololol This episode was a complete genre shift.
We have people being 'killed', teeth getting punched out, and someone punched hard enough to throw up
So this episode revolved around the other Chuuni's group and how
there actually is a legit war going on
. Welp I didn't expect the other group to
be the main leads and we're following the side characters
. I guess the big question is whether the show is going in that direction for the finale or if this was just an one-shot sort of deal. Chances are it's the later but a man can dream. I really feel bad for Andou, dude got super ripped off.
Thank you Based Trigger for all that awesome background art during the F Base assault and the fighting animation this episode.
I suppose it says something about me in that I found the earlier bits more interesting than half this show's run.

Puruzi

Banned
Episode was nice, System was adorbs and Tomoyo was lookin pretty jelly at Andou and Hatoko there. Lol'd at Chifuyu's cockblock too.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So what do you suppose happened to Jurai at the end? He burned himself with his own flaming right hand?
KuGsj.gif

Also I thought that was system too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did trigger choonee go fuller retard?

antibolo

Banned
I just watched episode 7 of this show yesterday... not gonna lie... it genuinely made me cry. And then I thought to myself "could this be the best anime of the year??"

But then they fuck it up by going fullblown "Chuuni, fuck yeah!" in episode 8, cancelling all the "maybe Chuuni is really dumb and you need to grow the fuck up and treat your friends properly" deconstruction from the previous episode *facepalm*

I... have no words for this. Such massive disappointment. Not sure I'll continue watching this. By the time of episode 7 I genuinely thought that the show would be only about the character development and the whole superpowers thing was just a red herring (Crunchyroll's show description seemed to hint at this). But I guess I had unreasonable expectations about this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom