• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you buy a Nintendo switch?

poutmeter

2; going to wait for SMO - or at least try to.
Grey model for me. I wish they gave us the choice to have two blue joycons instead of the blue+red.

HIUHAU

I wish I could do [1] even if it didn't meet my expectations, but as I live in Brazil I'll need to wait a little bit to see how available accessories and games will be around here, not to mention if it will have a way to buy digital from here, therefore I'm doing [2]. As for price, normally things are 3x pricier when dealing with local stores here (gotta overprofit over consumers blaming tax), but this time I'm importing so the price will be surprisingly good

Ordered one gray with zelda and super bomberman r. Might import Puyo Puyo Tetris once more unless Europe gets it at launch as well. Interested in USF II.

Scumcore

It looks like I'm getting Switch on launch... The grey version. Already in preorder

If I feel like it I can always cancel my preorder and buy Zelda for Wii U. Then I'll use Switch money to upgrade my PC.

JimboJones

Probably next year, can play Zelda on WiiU, plenty I haven't played on 3DS and plenty of stuff on PC.

If they announce a new 2D Mario entry at e3 I might be there sooner though!

Acidote

2 and 3.

The price cut needs to be substantial considering the price of the Pro controller and other accessories.

BigPete

(1) Already Preordered
Prefer Neon but got Gray because the GameStop guy didn't know what the skew for the neon was and I was already late for work.

Going to wait until I can get the Switch + a game for below £300 I reckon. So that's probably November! And definitely the grey one, can't imagine playing the neon one in public.

KaneU

I will probably get it next holiday season if the price falls down in Europe. I'm planning to get a grey one with additional neon Joy-cons.

ffvorax

After a price cut, but most important, after new games are released. So probably not before 2018 Christmas (when maybe we will have also a new Pokemon for it, possible not just a Moon/Sun Deluxe version...

Oh for sure Grey, Neon is terrible...

dr_rus

I have zero interest in mobile gaming and almost no interest in Nintendo's 1st/2nd party games which leads me to believe that Switch would be a dust sponge in my case.

Tobor

2. Not enough games currently.

Also, I need more details on how the account system will work and other things. I don't know enough to make an informed decision. Also more than happy to let you guys beta test it.

Grey.

2. Specifically when Splatoon 2 launches. Crossing fingers they'll maybe do a bundle then. Will be getting it either way at that point though.

tsab

6) Wait for the Ambassador program

kidding!

4)Neon
I am waiting until e3/fall for more game announcements and 3rd party support and Mario.
Will get Zelda on WiiU
Fool me once Nintendo 3rd parties shame on you... Fool me thrice, well shame on me

Wensih

I'm guessing 3-4 years down the road, so Nintendo has time to bolster the library and I can get a reasonable price (at least refurbished from Nintendo like the Wii U).

I waited until 2015 with the release of Mario maker and xenoblade to buy a cheap refurbished Wii U from Nintendo.

jdstorm

Banned
Have a grey preordered but im not 100% sold on keeping it yet.

So far the only game im interested in is Mario Oddessey and thats 9 months away.

Zesh

1 - grey. I don't have a Wii U, so I'm getting one to play Zelda day 1. Also wanted to lock in a preorder in case it's hard to track one down later.

FHIZ

4 or 5.

Went from "not going to pre order now because I will have no time this spring" to "god damn that Zelda trailer" to "thanks universe, it's sold out st my preferred retailers so now I won't waste my money. Good looking out."

That Zelda game looks real good and Mario Odessey has potential but fucking maaaaaaaaan there's not a whole lot else. I'm buying more games this quarter for my PS4 than I conceivably would the entire year for the Switch.

Nicktendo86

Can't afford one at the moment, especially couldn't justify laying out for one until there is some more content, so like a year or so from now.

Grey, but only because I think they look better when connected to the main unit, on their own I prefer the neon ones.

Necron

Once Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out and is proven to be as good as the first one.

That or a surprise Bayonetta 3 announcement.

Once I can get it for £150 (a matter of time in the UK, especially with my nations indifference to Nintendo)

Once it has at least a half dozen games I definitely want.

And I'd be going for the neon version, although I'm hoping there will be other colours down the line too.

Basically, a long time off.

Top Bottom