• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you buy a Nintendo switch?

satire77

I'm going to wait until console price drops to what i find acceptable: around 300€ with game included.
No way im paying 330€ for the console with no games. Thats seems crazy expensive to me.

Vic20

1 -

Grey system
Extra Joy Cons
Car adapter
Extra handle charger
Zelda

pre-ordered

Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
ARMS

xevis

Banned
1 - At launch
2 - After more games are available
3 - only after a price cut
4 - Will wait for more games be announced
5 - probably will never buy one

And what model do you prefer: gray or neon?

switchmodels_6101.jpg

One positive option and four negative ones. Your biases are loud and clear.

dnmt

Banned
Maybe in a couple of years when it's cheap enough and has Smash. Still really not sure that I will though.

The gray one looks pretty cool.

MicH

When Super Mario Odyssey or Xenoblade 2 releases in Europe. Whichever comes first. I would get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe since 8 is my absolute favorite but no new tracks is a deal breaker.

I want the grey. I like colors, but I don't want two different colored Joy-cons. If they were both red I would be totally into it

balgajo

If Nintendo announces a model without touch screen and better resolution I'm in. I don't want to pay the price for portability without using it.

At launch since I already pre-ordered and I chose the Grey version although I have come to regret this. Those neon Joy-Cons look fantastic.

And yes I will pay $400+ (the console, SE of Zelda BotW) to play Zelda day one.

Trago

When there are more games released for the system that I want to play.

Also maybe when they cut the price or introduce a handheld only variant, which is totally gonna happen.

When there's more games available and there's a price drop. I imagine I'll get one with a Black Friday bundle/deal. Otherwise I'll grab one from Amazon Warehouse deals at some point.

I mean Arms could be the next Punchout. If that were the case I would grab one with that and Mario for $300 total or so. Otheriwse it's going to take Mario + some other unannounced games. There just has to be at least 2-3 available big games for me to care enough at any price point, and I'm not going to pay over $300 or so to get all of it.

5)

Looks good and I have a preorder but just a few games and really expensive imho for what it is. 99% going to end up buying another iPad.

Dizzy

Banned
I bought Wii and Wii U two years after release, both systems got Mario Kart and Smash in those years.

So if Switch gets Mario Kart 9 and Smash 5 in 2019, and it's under £200 then I'll be open to it.

Not sure if releasing a MK port is going to throw the pattern out this gen though. MK9 might come later, if ever.

After not knowing much about it, seeing the presentation, and being somewhat impressed, I had that itch to preorder it but then I remembered when I preordered a Wii U at launch. Not doing that again. I'll wait for it to drop in price and/or get more games that interest me.

I figure if I'm getting it at all this year then I might as well grab it at launch. I don't have a commute so battery life doesn't matter to me, and 3 hours is more than enough time for me to be away from the dock, so if there are any revisions I don't think it'll affect my choice.

As for games, Zelda for me and 1 2 Switch to play at gatherings and parties. I can only imagine it will be a hit with older folks and even young kids. Super stoked it's releasing so soon.

Fbh

When there are more games.

So far there are not enough games (that interest me) comming in 2017. I'm sure that by early 2018 it will be a better purchase.

I like the grey one better. But who knows, mabye there is a third option by the time I get this.

2 is the closest, unless Nintendo has something else to show before launch I'll buy one at some point between launch and Super Mario Odyssey. Buying one with the colored joycons, though I wish you could get one where they were both red.

1... probably. I have one pre-ordered but am humming and hawing about it - I'm tempted to wait later in the year as think I'd get more use out of it then (more games and more time to play) and after I've made a dent in my gaming backlog (yeah, right).

Grey - that said, the neon one is growing on a lot.

6. After launch cause I own a Wii u
Grey system

Think I'll buy it when Mario kart releases because I'm betting on there being a bundle 🤔

I'm in no rush to buy the system since I'll play Zelda on my Wii u but I can't say no to Mario kart and it's been ages since I played 8, plus it's got a real battle mode.

DanielJr82

I want to buy one at Launch. I don't think I'll be able to, though. Money is tight and Nintendo has a tendency of undermining consumer demand, leading to artificial scarcity and scalping.

Top Bottom