• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When you use consoles, do you sometimes feel frustrated by the lack of control?

Qassim

Yes, but that's why I primarily play on PC. Consoles do their thing, they're intended to be simple - and more options reduces simplicity in most cases. That's fine, but i'm happy to sacrifice some simplicity to improve my experience, so I do.

kyser73

No, which is why I game on consoles & not a PC.

Plus I deal with enough PC-related BS at work to want to endure it at home.

ethomaz

Banned
- Consoles has tons of options to back up saves.

- Mods are cool but add cheaters and cheese options that I don't like in my games.

What I don't like is play against PC users... I don't support cross platform play and disable it in any game that has option for that.

I don't want to deal with anything... just start the game and have fun.

Wonko_C

I do hate it when my console game keeps crashing and there is nothing I can do on my end to fix it. On PC I can try lots of stuff and most of the time I fix the issue myself.

The most recent example is Fortnite: If you pick a certain menu it will ALWAYS crash the game with an error message. On PC I can try different stuff to solve the problem but on PS4 There is no such thing. And don't go "your console is bad/breaking", console games are becoming more PC-like, with all their quirks, yet none of their advantages.

Oh I remember not being able to play FFXIV a few months ago on PS4 because God-knows-what.

breadtruck

No, since I dont do any of that kind of special control in my PC games anyways.

I play the game. I dont tweak unless I absolutely have to, which is super-rare

nynt9

I'm particularly feeling this on the Nintendo switch. Stuff like no volume options on Mario Kart, no options to fine tune the way the gyro works in Splatoon, etc. Also no option to use gyro aiming on PS4.

Floody

Just the almost complete lack of being able to remap buttons (I know you can do it on PS4 through the OS, but the button prompts don't change), especially as the PC counterparts always have it.

Bowl0l

Switch doesn't allow you to transfer saves between Switches. If it is locked behind cloud saves, I hope no one defends this..

Top Bottom