• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When you've always gotten a forum abbreviation wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hate these obviously fake meme screenshots

Same.

In any case, not so much forum abbreviations, but I fucking hate how some droolies on Gaf will post the title of all games containing multiple words in an abbreviated format. ALL OF THEM.

Even when referencing some crazy bullshit French only SNES game that sold 14 units. It makes following a conversation infuriating sometimes.

I played some FGTOL this weekend and it reminded me of HZMSUSIDO. I forgot how slow that game is compared to THFGUSIMCOMFEPUMHZQUSIRM.

kavanf1

Same.

In any case, not so much forum abbreviations, but I fucking hate how some droolies on Gaf will post the title of all games containing multiple words in an abbreviated format. ALL OF THEM.

Even when referencing some crazy bullshit French only SNES game that sold 14 units. It makes following a conversation infuriating sometimes.

I played some FGTOL this weekend and it reminded me of HZMSUSIDO. I forgot how slow that game is compared to THFGUSIMCOMFEPUMHZQUSIRM.

Yeah, this winds me up. Especially when some game abbreviations can potentially be two or more different games.

Herne

I always thought LTTP was Link To The Past, and in fact should be. It works just as well and is a nice little geeky/gamer reference.

I'm always forgetting what IDGAF means and keep thinking it has something to do with GAF.

Same.

You would love Nexus mods (Skyrim, Fallout etc). Eg. If you're going to run with GDD, make sure you line up DOOF before it.

???

For me I always puzzled over FTFY. I thought it was some variant of "for the win."

SMB!

Drinkel

I thought GOAT was people intentionally misspelling GOTY for some reason. Saying GOTY out loud kind of sounds like GOATY and screaming goat videos where kind of popular at the same time I started seeing it.

Nachos

I never realized brb was an initialism when I was a kid. I thought it was just a weird part of internet culture where you made a stupid onomatopoeia. So I'd basically pepper it throughout my messages and often extended the amount of Rs.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrb.

I thought FML was For the Motherfucking Loss, like FTW (for the win). I know what it is now but I can't reprogram my brain on how to read it

Here's a definitive list for you all:

yaf0BWZ.jpg

Today on the gaming side of GAF i learned that AFG meant, Alternative Reality Game, otherwise known as Blizzard kicking you in the nuts. At least I think that's what it means.

iosefe

ITT: people learning that abbreviations suck

for a while i thought IIRC meant "if it really counts"
kinda like for what it's worth,

jakncoke used to use the smiley emoticon all the time which was : lol

When the smiley emoticon was removed, instead of typing :lol people would type :jnc to replace it since he was so fond of it. Mostly an NFL thing that leaked to the rest of gaf.
Shit I thought it was like "just in case" or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom