• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where will the Nintendo Switch live in your TV unit / Setup?

Gun Animal

I don't actually have a TV right now, I just switch my PS4 out with my PC on the monitor when needed. Because of that, I'm probably only going to play my Switch in Portable or Stand mode for the most part.

I don't think it'll fit anywhere aside from the top portion of my TV stand. Didn't even hit me until today that Vertical orientation seems to be the only option.

Just retired the PS3 from my tiny entertainment system to make the HDMI/power cord situation a little more manageable. I'll have the Nintendo Switch dock right next to the TV, where my Wii U GamePad dock used to be. Gonna see how feasible it is to plug the system in to the free outlet that isn't tucked behind my TV, and hopefully I'll be golden. I have to move the GamePad now so I don't have gaming stuff blocking the TV's IR sensor.

A little anxious about how much of my TV the dock will obscure. I'm hoping it's at least less than my GamePad did. If not, I'm planning to have more entertainment space when I buy a house in a few months, and I'll probably have my primary dock hooked up to a bigger wall-mounted TV in pretty short order once we've moved.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, just unpacked the thing and that cable is way too small for what I've set up. Can I buy just any usb charging cable for this thing?

TB12

Banned
Just hang your tv on a wall, you create lot of free spaces for the switch :p

IMG_20170321_222325.jpg

I know my cable managment systeem sucks....

Top Bottom