• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's my Fallout 3 teaser Bethesda?!

X26

Banned
I have the ominous feeling that I should quickly put away any sharp objects and items I could potentially overdose on

White Man said:
I doubt it's going to feature any gameplay, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
It should at least show what the game will look like though, and that's enough to satisfy me -at least for now.

Clevinger

Fragamemnon said:
1:30 AM EDT and they still don't have it up.

Quoting another forum-"NMA was right-Bethesda can't do anything right!"

Yeah, I clearly remember when they said it'd be up 12:01 A.M. EDT...

CreepingDea7h said:
It should at least show what the game will look like though, and that's enough to satisfy me -at least for now.

Exactly. As soon as it shows anything in first person, the Fallout community will be out with their pitchforks. :lol

Clevinger said:
Jeremy Soule didn't do the music...

jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg

That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.

Well i can't go to bed now. They said "Please stand by"...its gotta be coming soon. That, or they're just trying to screw with us and laugh.

Clevinger said:
Yeah, I clearly remember when they said it'd be up 12:01 A.M. EDT...

It was a joke!

They obviously can do some things right. For all of its imperfections, Oblivion was a really pretty game.

antispin

White Man said:
But so far it's not taking as long as it takes to install the gigs of mods that make Oblivion a good game.

Could you point me out to these mods please? I have been meaning to pick up an RPG on the PC (will be done with NWN2 soon) but I am not too keen on Oblivion in its default state.

White Man

antispin said:
Could you point me out to these mods please? I have been meaning to pick up an RPG on the PC (will be done with NWN2 soon) but I am not too keen on Oblivion in its default state.

It's been a while, but this was the cornerstone:

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/file/Oscuros_Oblivion_Overhaul;68542

I'd have to look through a list to see what else I used. There's another game rebalancing mod similar to OOO, but I always preferred OOO.

Burger

What a gigantic f*ckin cock tease.

Total proof that countdowns are complete jerk off sessions, followed by lack of foresight and developer apathy.

Cdammen

This is like the day before Christmas... you will receive a gift but there is a slight chance that the box will contain an ugly knitted sweater. Please Bethesda, give us what we want :(

Clevinger

Prime crotch said:
This is bullshit, they can't even get a trailer up and running?

Why is it bullshit that they're updating the site most likely at the same time as all the previous teaser updates during work hours? I suppose it's bullshit that you have no patience to wait six or seven hours and are sniveling like a god damned child.

temp said:
Prime crotch? Your response?
I'm thinking of one.
Clevinger said:
Why is it bullshit that they're updating the site most likely at the same time as all the previous teaser updates during work hours? I suppose it's bullshit that you have no patience to wait six or seven hours and are sniveling like a god damned child.
You fight like a farmer.

Yeah that will show him.

Burger

Clevinger said:

It's just badly handled.

"31 Days until teaser is released, here is the countdown!"

(countdown expires)

*PLEASE STAND BY*

I mean, come on. Clearly you had at least 31 days to plan for this.

Clevinger

Burger said:
It's just badly handled.

"31 Days until teaser is released, here is the countdown!"

(countdown expires)

*PLEASE STAND BY*

I mean, come on. Clearly you had at least 31 days to plan for this.

Six to eight hours, to me, seems like an irrelevancy in the span of 31 days.

Burger

Clevinger said:
Six to eight hours, to me, seems like an irrelevancy in the span of 31 days.

Hey I'm not that concerned either. But if you don't want people getting pissed off, don't have a shitty countdown that you can't even manage properly. I mean, if putting a video up on the internet at the appointed time is beyond you... Just don't do it.

Kosma

Banned
What are the chances of seeing the ingame engine at work in the teaser? I know we won't see the hud or anything of real gameplay prob, but I'd like to see the ingame engine at work. CG is very last gen imho.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
oo Kosma oo said:
What are the chances of seeing the ingame engine at work in the teaser? I know we won't see the hud or anything of real gameplay prob, but I'd like to see the ingame engine at work. CG is very last gen imho.

How was Oblivion first presented to us? Thats probably a good way of deciding.

Clevinger

McBacon said:
How was Oblivion first presented to us? Thats probably a good way of deciding.

In-game art assets/magazine exclusive. They released a CG video/trailer late in development, not at the start of it's press.

The teaser will likely be a CG video for story and atmosphere, then the following Tuesday a real unveiling will occur with screens, information, and gaming site impressions.

I expect to see gore Bethesda or proof that there will be in the future. I'm easy to please just a mini-gun victim is fine. If not expect an angry letter filled with phallic analogies.

What is the problem here? The countdown was about the date, not the exact hour when it comes. It just means this is the date for the teaser release, so un-bunch those panties.

Top Bottom