• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's my Fallout 3 teaser Bethesda?!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Zzoram said:
I'm not saying for me, but I mean for the people new to the franchise. They all used fast travel. Their game experience would've been different if they didn't use fast travel. They will never know that, because they have never experienced Morrowind and Oblivion had fast travel so they used it.

The problem wasnt Fast Travel, it was the fact that a compass led you everywhere you needed to go. That basically destroyed a big part of the exploration. Level scaling killed the other part.

EDIT: Watching it right now. Nice music choice.

Kabouter said:
I think it may be the insides of a jukebox, and I got exactly the same thing. Nothing else yet :(

Righto. Just thought it was gonna some old light/radio in a shack. Its what I was seeing. But then Im a lunatic so I wouldnt count what I saw as being what it actually is. Gets to the song then dies.

Avalon

Zzoram said:
Bioware may have started working on console games, but they are not as bad as Bethesda :lol

KOTOR is a better model for what Fallout 3 should be than Oblivion and it's really old. Mass Effect will probably prove to be the best model for what Fallout 3 should be. Bioware still knows how to put choice(for how to complete quests, resulting in real different outcomes) and good dialogue into their games. Oblivion didn't have much of either.

Played Neverwinter Nights 2? Just imagine that kind of gameplay depth in a Fallout setting... that would be so awesome.

Zzoram

KTallguy said:
I'm perfectly happy with Steam. I've only had good experiences with it, especially since it's gotten updated more and more. I'm glad that they're pushing it more.

I like the digital model because it makes AO viable. I'd still miss the box & swag though, but I'd be willing to order that from an online store if they made it just for people who download the game and want to have a nice box.

duckroll

****ING WORTHLESS SERVERS! They had a WHOLE MONTH to prepare for this and they still ****ed up. The game is going to suck, confirmed. :p

Zzoram

Avalon said:
Played Neverwinter Nights 2? Just imagine that kind of gameplay depth in a Fallout setting... that would be so awesome.

I've played Baldur's Gate 2, KOTOR1/2, and Neverwinter Nights 1. Of those, only KOTOR2 was done by Obsidian, and it was built on top of Bioware's KOTOR1. All of these tell me that Bioware, and possibly Obsidian deserve the license more than Bethesda. The problem is Obsidian is more of a Bioware-leftovers company than a force of it's own, so I'm not sure if they are as capable as Bioware of handling such a game.

KTallguy

Banned
That Rating Pending logo is super crisp looking! Wow, I bet this game is in 1080p!

Zzoram said:
I like the digital model because it makes AO viable. I'd still miss the box & swag though, but I'd be willing to order that from an online store if they made it just for people who download the game and want to have a nice box.

Exactly, just have a "swag" kit and make it 15-25 bucks. Then the price of the game can be 30 bucks. It's a win win.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Mine got to 1:30 and stopped. It shows the inside of a bus in a ruined city. The I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire stops and some LOTR-style music starts up.

Zzoram

KTallguy said:
That Rating Pending logo is super crisp looking! Wow, I bet this game is in 1080p!

lol@consoles

PC has bee "1080p" since long before the PS3. "HD Gaming" has become such a catch phrase that even though PC gamers have been playing at resolutions of 720p or better for almost a decade, ATI renamed their video cards from X2900 to HD2900 to capitalize on it :lol

Avalon

Zzoram said:
I've played Baldur's Gate 2, KOTOR1/2, and Neverwinter Nights 1. Of those, only KOTOR2 was done by Obsidian, and it was built on top of Bioware's KOTOR1. All of these tell me that Bioware, and possibly Obsidian deserve the license more than Bethesda. The problem is Obsidian is more of a Bioware-leftovers company than a force of it's own, so I'm not sure if they are as capable as Bioware of handling such a game.

That whole thing is getting old. Fact is, the devs at Obsidian are the only people left who would and could do a proper Fallout game.

Zzoram

Avalon said:
That whole thing is getting old. Fact is, the devs at Obsidian are the only people left who would and could do a proper Fallout game.

I'm not saying Obsidian is bad, just that all I've seen from them are sequels to Bioware games. Those sequels were good games though, but they really need an IP to call their own to prove themselves.

KTallguy

Banned
Zzoram said:
lol@consoles

PC has bee "1080p" since long before the PS3. "HD Gaming" has become such a catch phrase that even though PC gamers have been playing at resolutions of 720p or better for almost a decade, ATI renamed their video cards from X2900 to HD2900 to capitalize on it :lol

You guys need a sarcasm detector :lol

Zzoram

ElectricBlue187 said:
if they were allowed to finish a game, maybe

Ya that's the other problem with Obsidian, while Bioware gets to take their sweet time with games, Obsidian seems to get pushed to strict deadlines by their evil overlords, resulting in KOTOR2's ending.

Zenith

Banned
Seriously, Hot Coffee nearly crippled TakeTwo, and it was just people consensually ****ing.

no it was having the incorrect rating that did it. way to try and spin.

And it wouldn't have sold crap.

:lol

Tell that to the original GTA or Duke Nukem. yeah, "San Andreas wouldn't have sold any copies if it was AO", good one.

I have no problem with those themes, but I can accept that no company owes me the destruction of their company to give me a game.

Take Two is still alive and well and publishing GTA. and again, it was due to the hidden content falling outside it's ERSB rating. how can that possibly affect Fallout? Your agruments are so flawed it's laughable. Thanks for knowing what you were talking about.

As expected, totally devoid of any actual information. But the Ron Perlman cameo and song choice lifted from Black Isle's Fallout 3 plans seem like a pretty good way to dampen the inevitable fanbase explosion.

KTallguy

Banned
buckfutter said:
As expected, totally devoid of any actual information. But the Ron Perlman cameo and song choice lifted from Black Isle's Fallout 3 plans seem like a pretty good way to dampen the inevitable fanbase explosion.

I'm still trying to see it, but are you kidding? So there's no hints as to what kind of game it's going to be at all?

Zenith said:
no it was having the incorrect rating that did it. way to try and spin.
:lol

Tell that to the original GTA or Duke Nukem. yeah, "San Andreas wouldn't have sold any copies if it was AO", good one.

Take Two is still alive and well and publishing GTA. and again, it was due to the hidden content falling outside it's ERSB rating. how can that possibly affect Fallout? Your agruments are so flawed it's laughable. Thanks for knowing what you were talking about.

thank god all of NeoGAF isn't completely loony

KTallguy said:
I'm still trying to see it, but are you kidding? So there's no hints as to what kind of game it's going to be at all?
There's a guy holding a gun. Maybe the game has guns in it.

Oblivion with guns confirmed.

buckfutter said:

holy crap srsly?

besada

Banned
Zenith said:

Hey, another tard to the party. So, tell me the last high-selling AO game. I'll wait patiently.

Edit: I'll save you some time, jackass. The ESRB has 23 AO rated games listed. The only one with significant sales is San Andreas, which did not start out, nor make most of its sales as an AO rated game. So, the answer is none. Which is why Bethesda isn't going to release an AO game, because they don't want to go out of business.

Avalon

Zzoram said:
I'm not saying Obsidian is bad, just that all I've seen from them are sequels to Bioware games. Those sequels were good games though, but they really need an IP to call their own to prove themselves.

Play Neverwinter Nights 2. Then you might see what I do.

LordMaji

buckfutter said:
There's a guy holding a gun. Maybe the game has guns in it.

Oblivion with guns confirmed.

I hope they don't **** this series up w/ Oblivion type shit. Fallout is not a fps (fpv). **** that shit.

syllogism

That was a good teaser, with emphasis on teaser. Yes. RON PERLMAN.

1) Yes, that's in-engine (in-engine means it's done with game assets in our rendering engine, but isn't done real-time. If it was done in real-time, that'd be gameplay footage. This isn't something, for example, that was sent to some house [e.g. Blue Studios] so they could build assets and render it out, and create something for us to release [e.g. Dawn of War 40K intro cinematic]).
2) Yes, that's The Ink Spots singing "I Don't Want to Set the World On Fire"
3) Yes, that's Ron Perlman [voiceover man extraordinaire of Fallout 1 and 2].

Grayman

What kind of a jackass hosts a video file without enough bandwidth or a torrent?

Thanks for the filefront link cartoon_soldier, at least there I don't have to wait more than an hour to start downloading.

Top Bottom