• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Coca-cola container do you prefer the taste of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
m2NSjUH.jpg

NOTHING tastes better when quenching your dehydrated-ass mouth after eating a shitload of greasy and salty popcorn.
They do have some really good fucking coke. It's probably my favorite and I didn't even know.

Glass (Mexican) Coke is the best. A close second would be McDonald's fountain Coke. There is a reason they are willing to help municipalities buy new water filtration systems when a McDonald's location gets put in. Also, cans are better than plastic bottles.

Rootbeer

Banned
Most of my local McDonald's have switched to that new form of fountain. You know the ones. With the touch screens and lots of syrup flavor options. I'm not convinced it tastes "better" than other forms of Coke anymore. It tastes fine though.

Anyway, Mexican coke (glass bottle) is the best. If it uses sugar. I read that they might switch to corn syrup for those, but so far they still seem to contain sugar anytime I read the ingredients.

After that, cans. Followed by plastic bottles. Followed by other varieties. Fountain is too hit or miss, as if they are not calibrated right or something else in the chain isn't right it could taste foul.

The true acid test for me is the slight bitter flavor coke has when it's properly prepared. Some coke sources don't have this right for whatever reason. But it's always there in 20oz bottles and glass bottles from my experience.

I think one of the keys for cans/plastic bottles is freshness. If it has been sitting too long it might be leeching some kind of flavors from the container. It's the same reason I don't like drinking coffee from a stainless steel travel container. It changes the flavor a lot.

Ayumi

Glass bottle > Can > Plastic bottle

One of the worst ways I know is drinking Coke from a hard plastic cup with ice cubes in. Yuck!

Seishin

Glass Bottle (Sugar) > McDonalds (Sugar) > Can (Sugar) = McDonalds (HFCS) > Plastic Bottle (Sugar) > Can (HFCS)

Also Coke Zero is pretty great in anything it comes in. Which is weird. But acceptable.

Syder

1. Glass Bottle
  2. Can
  3. Plastic Bottle

Can is probably what I drink Coke from most frequently. I rarely drink fizzy drinks so when I do I want it to feel as indulgent as possible, so the glass bottle works for that. Feels like you're in Mad Men or something.

pswii60

Can > Glass Bottle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Plastic Bottle

Really really hate the plastic bottles - just makes the coke taste like plastic and horrible. Much fresher taste with can or glass.

pswii60

This thread confirms what I've thought all my life then... that plastic sucks. And we all agree. So why the fuck are there so many plastic coke bottles out there?! Stop buying them and encouraging them! I'd rather not have coke than have plastic coke.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
McDonald's coke is OP. I am surprised there isn't more discussion of the bag. Not that it is great but I assumed it was popular in many areas thus making it a choice that people were fond of.
coca-cola-coca-cola-bztshv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom