• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which games captured the feeling of what it's like to fly?

Sky Odyssey for PS2. A real gem of a game with great flight controls and a breathtaking soundtrack.

mCNXhp6.png

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
FSX_Cover.jpg

51qz2Vx1O0L.jpg

There's a handful that let you feel altitude. Infamous does a great job at gliding and there's also skydiving games.

box.jpg

There's a bunch of games with levitation. You could play After Burner Climax as well.

Giant Bomb has a good list of games:
Skydiving
Flight
Airplane: http://www.giantbomb.com/airplane/3055-910/games/
Flight Simulator

There's probably more too

Edit: Apparently you can't get After Burner Climax anymore, it was delisted, which sucks. There's still a few of the prior entries that you could find elsewhere.

You could also look into Batman and Spider-Man game(s) from the last decade and onward.

Reese-015

The dodo in GTA3 on PS2. Mastering it was incredible. Get good and you could keep flying forever. One of the coolest things I've ever experienced in gaming.

mollipen

Ever since I was young, I've had reoccurring dreams that I had the ability to fly, and no game has ever come close to giving me the sense I have in those dreams that Gravity Rush does. Yeah, it's not technically "flying", but good lord that game just has such an amazing sense of hurling through the sky and how it would probably feel to do so.

Top Bottom