• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is going to be bigger: Destiny 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2 or COD: WW2?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RDR2.

The PS4 version is already sold out on amazon.

geordiemp

A COD that is received positively is unstoppable.

True, Infinite warfare got massive backlash due to the fremium multiplayer pay2win loot boxes, where you got advantages in multiplayer by throwing money at Activision.

It turned off allot of people, for BO3 gamers had already bought the game before the pay2win was slipped in, for COD Infinite warfare it was clear from day 1.

My COD clan of 20 disbanded because of the pay2win shit and dispersed to other shooters..

Dimorphic

I think COD will sell the best but that's not a massive surprise. Infinite Warfare was hated on more than any game I can remember and still it was the highest selling game of 2016.

Quality wise it's a toss up between Destiny 2 and Star Wars. If we see a step up similar to Titanfall 1 > 2 then I think Battlefront will be amazing.

I'm not planning on playing any of these games but if I had to bet, I'd say CoD is going to be the bigger phenomenon. That series is primed for a comeback and CoD on its worst day still vastly outsells any Dice FPS. Destiny 2 is kind of a wildcard though.

Ascenion

Destiny will also have a full month and a half of sales in 2017 that COD will not have as well as I anticipate PC Destiny being much stronger than PC COD.

It will be close between the 2.

Like I said I predict Destiny will take it in the end, but if that beta goes well and the hype for BF1 carries over in the face of the futuristic shooters people are tired of WW2 will be big.

Eh. You say that, but sales are against you. The fact is the majority of Cod players didn't play the WW2 games. Cod didn't explode until Modern Warfare 2.

Battlefield 1 has them hyped though. WW2 is new to them for the exact same reasons you say it might not do well. They've never played it.

Seijuro

I guess Destiny will be the best quality wise, also the one with the most media coverage of the three.

Saleswise CoD will probably beat everything this year.

Battlefront 2 will come in third in everything, but will probably be good and do respectable numbers in it's own right.

Close call, all three will be winners.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sales: Destiny 2
Quality: Destiny 2
Content: Destiny 2
Mindshare: Destiny 2
Most Destiny: Destiny 2

Yup. Nothing stands a chance.
I don't think people understand how hard PC players have been fiending for this one. It's going to take over twitch and snowball.

Atomski

Will Destiny 2 actually be good this time? Is there going to be a ton of Sony exclusives again? Will it have pay 2 Win?

Probably COD.. just cause it's always COD.

KonradLaw

Sales-wise Call of Duty easily. It;s still the biggest brand and for the first time since MW2 there seems to be a lot of hype about the new entry.

That said, I doubt any of them will beat Overwatch, especially long-term

Sizzel

since no one is saying it, I will go in the non-obvious underdog - Destiny 2. /s
IN my mind this is like asking which color is redder: red, blue or green.

My metric is, myself and a lot of people I know don't care for MP or FPS...and still sunk a metric f tonne of hours into it. I met the greatest group of gaming people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and I had a blast...even if a lot of the time, it was spent on coms, bombing around the world bitching about Destiny ;)

It was abusive and repetitive and grindy and hollowed out and mostly a blast. I loved it. I quit playing because IRL>URL. I hope they nail it for D2 and I am waiting for reviews to check out it.

RoKKeR

Call of Duty, Destiny, SWBF2 in that order.

CoD is too dominant and the word if mouth on this game will likely be good.

Call of Duty still sells higher than either of those by quite a lot, so it'll be WWII. After that I'd say probably Destiny given how big the first game was (While Battlefront 1 did sell a lot, I'm not sure how big of a following that game had after the first few months - but it is a Star Wars property so who could say).

Top Bottom