• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House says Trump will leave pro-LGBT Obama executive order intact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
The original post was about some social issues. Not just gay rights. Hypothetical like the opinions of everybody else. A person writes even one slightly neutral thing about Donald Trump on this site and people interpret you as pro Trump. No wonder I have never posted much here lately about politics.

And you're in a topic specifically pertaining to queer rights

Leave your persecution complex in the real world. Nobody cares why you're posting or not posting.

Hunter S.

And you're in a topic specifically pertaining to queer rights

Leave your persecution complex in the real world. Nobody cares why you're posting or not posting.

In other words you are saying, I have to post only the way you want me to, and you are ignoring the fact that every big thread does not focus exclusively on the original topic.

No one asked you to. I just think you are not willing to consider other viewpoints other than your own. Of course, I am only basing this off the posts you have written to me.

You're painting with a broad brush when I'm only taking issue with your point of Trump being some secret liberal or whatever. That's kind of a hard viewpoint to accept. I'm just trying to point out that your view on this matter flies in the face of all available evidence. You can deal in hypotheticals, I'll deal in reality.

Even after everything that has happened in his first week, there are still people who think there's some hidden light to this asshole that's just waiting to come out. There's a point where optimism becomes naivety and it was crossed ages ago.

The original post was about some social issues. Not just gay rights. Hypothetical like the opinions of everybody else. A person writes even one slightly neutral thing about Donald Trump on this site and people interpret you as pro Trump. No wonder I have never posted much here lately about politics.

And the social issues that he's bad on include Health Care, Women's autonomy, Civil Rights, LGBTQ+ rights, Education, Immigrant Rights, Science/Climate Change etc. Social issues where peoples lives and humanity is on the line. Trying to convince people of his neutrality isn't going to do much when he's shown how not neutral he is in regards to some of the most serious life-altering areas of society that actually need tactful and empathetic consideration.

Alrus

So what are those vague social issues that Trump is actually super liberal in?

Aselith

In other words you are saying, I have to post only the way you want me to, and you are ignoring the fact that every big thread does not focus exclusively on the original topic.

He was liberal most of his life. I suspect in a lot of ways he might be socially liberal, in economic ways, he is about the rich getting rich and more powerful and is clearly Republican as hell.

This post was about "other social issues" (that you didn't mention at all) and about your BELIEF in him that has no evidence to back it up other than he said something other than what he said now a long time ago.

What exactly do you think you are bringing to the table here? Other than the same bullshit cognitive dissonance that got him elected? ("He won't overturn ACA, I'm fine!")

He was liberal most of his life. I suspect in a lot of ways he might be socially liberal, in economic ways, he is about the rich getting rich and more powerful and is clearly Republican as hell.

Huffington Post: Donald Trump Still Thinks The Central Park Five Are Guilty (They Aren’t)

NPR: Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump

He most definitely hasn't been a liberal or progressive for most of his life. There were times when he vocally supported the Democratic party, but that shouldn't be mistaken for automatically being a liberal or a progressive by association.

I believe it. Doesn't seem like something he would do, he's seemed to convince himself that a major portion of the LGBT community supports him.

I also believe he will still push for some type of religious liberty that will have a negative impact for LGBT persons, so that's gonna suck.

Surprise!

Leaked Draft of Trump’s Religious Freedom Order Reveals Sweeping Plans to Legalize Discrimination

I think Trump wants to start some kind of a civil war. The majority of Americans already support gay marriage, and he is going to just piss off so many people. It also violates the first amendment. Dark times are head of the US and it's going to strip so many people of their rights. At least, it will make the white population wake up of what is Trump doing.

Brakke

Banned
Is Mike Pence still standing there pulling Trump's strings? If so, I don't believe this.

Why is this a meme? Pence was hoisted on Trump and Trump resents him for it. Trump doesn't need Pence as a go-between to Congress, it turns out the spineless republican legislators fell into line all on their own. Pence was never the puppetmaster.

Fucking lol if true.

Taking Trump at his word are y'all fuckin insane? He's a POS lying fuck.

(Guess most of y'all saw that on here. Should read first.)

Technically, Trump didn't lie when he said he'd leave Obama's pro-LGBT executive order intact.

This EO would be a different thing entirely (and frankly, much worse). It's not a pro-LGBT executive order - it's a religious freedom one (lol).

RPGCrazied

Wow, right after they had the nerve to release that white house statement about keeping Obama's EO.

It all fits, specially with the supreme court judge he just nominated that supports religious freedom. :(

UberTag

Wow, right after they had the nerve to release that white house statement about keeping Obama's EO.

It all fits, specially with the supreme court judge he just nominated that supports religious freedom. :(
It was always going to be true. The good news is that he hasn't signed it yet.
Perhaps he will late Friday evening before the weekly round of weekend protests.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I think Trump wants to start some kind of a civil war. The majority of Americans already support gay marriage, and he is going to just piss off so many people. It also violates the first amendment. Dark times are head of the US and it's going to strip so many people of their rights. At least, it will make the white population wake up of what is Trump doing.
He does. I believe it was leaked that Bannon is trying to see how far he can push the protestors until they give him an excuse to call in the National Guard.

Technically, Trump didn't lie when he said he'd leave Obama's pro-LGBT executive order intact.

This EO would be a different thing entirely (and frankly, much worse). It's not a pro-LGBT executive order - it's a religious freedom one (lol).
Technically correct is the best kind of correct!

Just not in this case. But yeah please make a new thread, this needs to be known.
Lol right when I typed this.

UberTag

He does. I believe it was leaked that Bannon is trying to see how far he can push the protestors until they give him an excuse to call in the National Guard.
That sentiment came from the @RoguePOTUSStaff twitter account (in a tweet on Sunday night) that has been accused of being a Russian disinformation tool because of its linguistic tendencies despite the fact that nothing it has circulated has been disavowed.

It also reinforced the existence of the religious freedom EO existing as a draft right when this story first broke late Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom