• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White PS4 September 9th Destiny bundle

Zushin

Preordered this tonight (Australian here). I'm not really interested in Destiny. I wonder if I could trade it back it for full price when I pick up the PS4?

Edit: Should of read a couple of replies up, do'h!

bjork

What are the chances of being able to just roll into a store and get this around release? I wouldn't need it day one because I really just want the console and not the game.

dock

I was fully planning to buy a white PS4, perhaps next year, because I have a white PS3 slim. However, I just won a black PS4. Whoops.

I don't want to go through the hassle and value-loss of selling it, so I'll just have to go with the black PS4.

I already ended up with a black Wii U, because I didn't trust the 8gb Wii U.

Ace001

What are the chances of being able to just roll into a store and get this around release? I wouldn't need it day one because I really just want the console and not the game.

Perhaps just wait for the stand alone white console

Skele7on

Banned
I was fully planning to buy a white PS4, perhaps next year, because I have a white PS3 slim. However, I just won a black PS4. Whoops.

I don't want to go through the hassle and value-loss of selling it, so I'll just have to go with the black PS4.

I already ended up with a black Wii U, because I didn't trust the 8gb Wii U.

You WON a PS4 you're already in profit?

Also you wouldn't actually lose that much if anything at all if you sold it new...

Private selling is the way forward.

dock

You WON a PS4 you're already in profit?

Also you wouldn't actually lose that much if anything at all if you sold it new...

Private selling is the way forward.

That's a good idea. I should ask around and if I can sell it for £320 or so, before I open it, and it would probably be worth it. I could then get the white PS4 Destiny bundle for £385 or so.

Why would that be a big deal? Not everyone is of the mindset that they absolutely have to play a game the first second it's possible to, or else they're going to die. I'd personally much rather have a digital code, as I'd actually use that. As it is, I'm going to have to find a way to sell my disc to someone else, so that I can switch over to the digital version.
Fair enough. You can use the buy/sell/trade thread to get rid of your physical copy.

Personally, I am counting down the days until I can play Destiny again!

The white DS4 is going to look strange on the charging station.
Not really...there is a lot of black on the white DS4 and the charging station is black, so it shouldn't look that strange.

JonCha

Damn, this is tempting, but I was going to buy Destiny on Xbox One to play the MCC collection. Buying two consoles is expensive.

GhaleonEB

You could probably get a decal made easily enough.

That said, the white PS4 looks a lot better without the graphic, IMO.

A small imprint of the Destiny logo - no name, just little icon - would a nice touch. Could be done without impacting the 'clean' look of the console. I'd have preferred it.

Debating about pre-ordering it. I'm guessing quantities will be abundant, and I don't care about the pre-order skin pack.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Not sure where I want to pre-order from. I don't trust Amazon's shipping quality anymore. I work at a warehouse and know what's up. There's an article from PS4's launch about poor packing admitted by Amazon too.

At Bestbuy I don't want the store pickup to delayed past the first hour. I've had really bad luck with two PS4's already being opened this week at Target. One was manufactured in February too. That should have been sold by nowI? They had 4 on shelf. I figured out it's really easy to open the boxes from the side without breaking the seal or damaging the box. I'm sure people will buy two to see what's up inside and return one the same day for it to be resold.

Maybe I can walk into Walmart near midnight, or hit up all the major retailers when stores open the first hour.

Just go Amazon. They've probably corrected this packaging issue permanently and if there is an issue, their top-notch customer service will help you.

I loved the graytones Sony used on their PS one.

PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg

The bundled PS4 on the other hand looks tacky IMO with the high contrasting whites and blacks. The headset especially looks like it was dipped in glue. For a bundled console, it's also lacking a bit in personality. Not asking for a giant Fallen face or symbol on it, but even something as subtle as the tricorn logo on the system or controller would do well to give it some character.

I've been planning on buying this bundle but the recent concerns of Destiny being light on content (barring tons of DLC/expansions) has me unsure :\

I've been planning on buying this bundle but the recent concerns of Destiny being light on content (barring tons of DLC/expansions) has me unsure :\

eh, that is not a real concern.

Do some research; Destiny will have plenty of content and replay value. It has something for every mood and tons of gear to collect that will keep most of us addicts busy for months.

kidko

Any more news on the white stand? At some point someone said that some number of bundles might have the stand but it was unclear how many... and others said it might not be sold separately at all... what's the deal?

Sirim

Any more news on the white stand? At some point someone said that some number of bundles might have the stand but it was unclear how many... and others said it might not be sold separately at all... what's the deal?
Having trouble finding it, but the Giantbomb story about the Destiny bundle back during E3 claimed the White Vertical Stand was included. Can't find the source, unfortunately.

If the limited number thing is true… :/

I honestly would probably never stand my white PS4 up with any stand that wasn't white.

chrono01

Welp, here's a white vertical stand on Amazon. I went ahead and ordered it in case it ends up not being included and/or hard to find later: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MI4Y3W2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I wonder if this is proof that Sony will be releasing the White PS4 as a standalone in NA after all.

I kind of hope so since I really love the look of it, but I'm not interested in purchasing the Destiny Bundle right now. I was hoping to maybe pick up a PS4 next year, when more titles are released that I'm interested in, but I still want that White PS4. :/

Hi,

Now you can pre-order a White PS4 bundle with DRIVECLUB @ Amazon.de for EUR 439,00.

Nice.

http://www.amazon.de/PlayStation-Konsole-DriveClub-exklusiv-Amazon/dp/B00M76G7V6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1407149891&sr=1-1

(Please ignore if old)
Hmm, this would nice if there was more than just a Destiny bundle for the White PS4.

I really like the look of the White one and think there will be a decent amount of games for it by September that I want, but I have been a little iffy on Destiny after the Alpha and Beta. Might still turn out great, but I'm not sold on it yet.

I do love a good driving game, so I am looking forward to seeing if DriveClub turns out well too.

Sigmund Freud, is that you? Actually, that is a pretty damn good theory, I never thought about it that way. What you said is definitely true for me... I sit there and admire limited edition consoles of all sorts.

However, my borderline OCD with my entertainment center will probably prevent me from getting this. Every single console on there is black, as is the TV, speakers, receiver, etc. As much as I love Sony, and as pretty as this white PS4 is, it would stick out like a sore thumb in my setup.

If he was Sigmund Freud,he would said that youv unconsciously want to have sex with Mark Cerny.

Huddy

UKGAF,

I received an email this morning from Game who have exclusivity on the white destiny bundle telling me the price has dropped to £349.99 saving £30.

Qvoth

well it's near the end of august and still no announcement for asia
guess i'm destined to not own a white ps4 ; ;

edit: apparently i'm wrong! it's coming to asia! yaaaay~

amar212

Debating about pre-ordering it. I'm guessing quantities will be abundant, and I don't care about the pre-order skin pack.

In late July I was told how many smaller EU countries will not get the bundle because it has been allocated only to biggest EU markets.

Apparently, the white PS4 alone will come in February 2015 for celebration of 20th PlayStation Anniversary.

Take it with the grain of salt, but on another note Destiny White bundle is still not available to preorder around me.

Top Bottom