• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White PS4 September 9th Destiny bundle

Dunkers92

I wonder if Destiny has a big 'not for resale' logo on the back in place of the barcode? If I got the bundle I just want the console so would want to trade the game in immediately.

Have £90 credit, GAME will give me £100 for a 3DSXL, £75 for my old PS3, maybe £25 for a day one Destiny trade-in? Effectively only costing me £70 for the PS4.

It probably will do. GAME will still trade it in though.

Edit: You won't be able to trade in the game at the same time as the console sale though. You will have to wait till after

Skidd

iAoW0waXArZKJ.png

Excuse me but what? Sony, you sure are making it hard for me to buy your hardware, aren't you?

Seems like the white one is now a Gamestop exclusive (at least) here in Finland. Welp.

The white DS4 is so impractical but I have to have one. It'll have to get cleaned often and won't match any of my other PS4 stuff but damn does it look good.

sublimit

Banned
I just ordered this.

I was going to wait until February to get a PS4 (mostly for Bloodborne) but this was such a good deal that i just couldn't let it pass.I really love the look of the white PS4 so this alone would have made me consider buying it.I don't even care about Destiny but since i'm getting it for free with this bundle then of course i'll try it.Also getting 30 days of PS+ (although i'm already a subscriber.)

I'm going to pick up one of those white controllers (if they sell them, or on ebay) to use as my primary controller. Looks so god damn sexy.

Im just hoping I can get one of these at EB Games on Tuesday without a pre order

Preorders stopped over night tuesday-wednesday this week here

UrbanRats

iAoW0waXArZKJ.png

Excuse me but what? Sony, you sure are making it hard for me to buy your hardware, aren't you?

Seems like the white one is now a Gamestop exclusive (at least) here in Finland. Welp.

Italy too.
I assume all (continental at least) Europe?

Korezo

Newegg had the white ps4 destiny bundle mispriced @$399.99 at reveal and I was able to preorder it for that price.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm going to pick up one of those white controllers (if they sell them, or on ebay) to use as my primary controller. Looks so god damn sexy.
Bestbuy and Gamestop have been selling them for a few days in the states. Sony apparently lifted the street date. Not sure about other retailers.

ordered mine on monday, £349 white ps4 with Destiny, 1 month ps+ and some dlc for Destiny, Also was double reward points so not a bad deal in truth.

Stimpy

Game just updated my reward points for my PS4 pre-order and I noticed they've given me £7 worth of points, they advertised double points if you pre-ordered before the 1st September, anyone else pre-order with them and only get £7?

Zakalwe

Banned
ordered mine on monday, £349 white ps4 with Destiny, 1 month ps+ and some dlc for Destiny, Also was double reward points so not a bad deal in truth.

Same. Picking it up on launch day. After this I'll have enough points to buy TLoU remarstered too. 4 days off work.

Good times.

NAPK1NS

Getting this fucker at midnight let's gooooooo.

Frankly, I'm glad I waited. I already have Diablo RoS and The Last of Us so Destiny is the first appealing PS4 game. It's been slim pickings. And not to shame the early adopters... But goddamn this console looks better than the black. Both are cool though.

Linkified

Game just updated my reward points for my PS4 pre-order and I noticed they've given me £7 worth of points, they advertised double points if you pre-ordered before the 1st September, anyone else pre-order with them and only get £7?

Yes.

chrono01

Amazon.ca is now sold out of these too. I figured it might be easy to get post-release, at least for a while, but it might not be the case after all.

Regardless, I'm happy to have mine pre-ordered.

Ombala

My retailer said today that the white standalone console is coming in October, this is in Sweden where only Gamestop sells it bundled now.

I hope it does not turn yellow. My white PS3 Super Slim has no yellowing yet.

I don't know if this will happen with modern consoles. My Dreamcast and SNES got yellow as hell, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with the plastic they're made of. Hopefully the gloss protects from that sort of thing?

Just don't smoke heavily around it lol.

sublimit

Banned
God Damn.I didn't really cared for a PS4 that much before (at least for this current period) but now that i've pre-ordered this i can't wait for it! I keep watching the two white PS4 unboxing videos over and over. :p I just love the white look and i think i'll also get a white WiiU (if i manage to find one) to complement my white PS4.

I also ordered FFXIV yesteday to have it ready when my PS4 arrives but even that hasn't shipped yet. :/

leng jai

Preordered mine with a stand. Anyone know if there's a guide on how to transfer all your data from your old console? Really don't fancy downloading everything again.

Finrod

Banned
Pre ordered mine this week, should be in Tuesday. Love the white look.
Here in the Netherlands, there is only one franchise that sells the white version. Not that big of a deal, just means i'll have to go pick it up myself instead of having it delivered.
Here's hoping Destiny does not dissapoint.

SDCowboy

Why didn't they put the black back on the white DS4? Would have looked so much better and been more practical.

Is Sony going to sell the white DS4 in Europe?, because it's impossible to make a preorder in any store, even amazon

I am sure they are, they have said the white PS4 will be sold on its own sometime this year, at this point I am sure they will also offer the white DS4. They are probably going to wait till the white Destiny bundle has been launched before they announce it.

Why didn't they put the black back on the white DS4? Would have looked so much better and been more practical.
Personally, I like the all white. I find the blue controller to not be as "fun," with its two-tone design. Having the controller all one solid color really just gives it better aesthetics, in my opinion.

Timmay

Banned

I agree, especially since they couldn't be bothered to make the touchpad, dpad or buttons white. I have the Urban camo controller and the white/gray on the front looks really good contrasted against the all black on the back.

Top Bottom