• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has bought a Wii U within the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7threst

Needs a few pricecuts before I jump in.

£150 for a Premium (and maybe a game) and I'm in.

Interested in:

Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Yoshi's Wooly World

If you're interested in all these games but need a pricecut on a console that isn't that expensive to begin with to jump in, I don't know what to say. Three of the games you mention are available right now you know.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Not paying £200+ for a last-gen console (in terms of power), for a small selection of exclusive games.

Sorry about that.

If you bought a ps4 or xbone, you already did.

m0t0k1

This week marks me owning the wiiu for a year. Still enjoyed this console a lot. Happy to see more people joining into the wiiu community.

Rockk

I bought one. I was going to wait until this Fall for Bayonette and Smash but all the sales going on convinced me otherwise. Managed to pick up the system and 5 games for about $360.

Ronin Ray

Me.

After all the doom and gloom Nintendo has had since launch, wow, seems like a major change in GAF opinion this past week. With a $200 system, plenty of good games today, and a great E3 showing, I'm back.

I know I'm not the only one here.

I bought the $200 refurbished one. Got Mario kart 8 for $48 off of Amazon which will get me a free copy of wind waker. Got a used copy of sin and punishment for the Wii for $10 and bought zombie u for $10 from best buy. ALl that for under $300 and what they showed at e3. I am happy

If I wasn't a Nintendo sucker I would.

Yeah, you read well lol but this means I buy everything Nintendo day one while some people are thinking more about their purchase and wait for the right time which imo for Wii U is now.

Nintendo Digital Event and all the Nintendo E3 Treehouse demos and interviews were all very convincing. So many great games are coming ^^

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Does that bundle include a Wii Remote and wheel? Is that US only?

Oh yes. And they are indeed supah sweet

OoXbnpp.jpg

JDSN

Banned
Buying one within a month, buying mario Kart and pre ordering Bayonetta, four games for the price of one, baby.

tebunker

Banned
I can't sell my PS4 fast enough. Sony exclusives can't compete with Nintendo and as I game PC primarily, I'm not missing much.

I wouldn't go that far with the crazy talk...

However there has been a shift since MK8 came out, and it looks better for them, but it's not all roses and sunshine, but maybe it isn't getting left out in the rain anymore either.

I have.

I always said I'd buy one for Mario Kart, Zelda or Smash Bros, the first one to release.

Mario Kart is out, so I waited for the end of my exams to buy it.

I caved and bought a refurb last night. Thinking of picking up Mario U and Monster Hunter for starters... maaaybe Mario Kart, but GAF'll crush me. :p I'm excited, though. Certainly there's enough gaming available on the console now and in the coming year and a half to justify the $200 price. Anything beyond that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

apana

I will consider it when it is cheaper and bundled for $150 with a game, preferably a Mario or Zelda game. I also want to see what the reviews are like for Zelda. I am content with my PS3 and will be so for at least 1 or 2 years and PS4 is a higher priority for my next purchase.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Bought it on Wednesday. I was ready to join Wii U owners. Plus all this excitement coincided with a family reunion where Mario Kart would be appreciated.

Sojgat

Got the Mario Kart bundle last week.

Nintendo showed some great games at E3, but I'm actually the most excited for Devil's Third (I may be alone on this).

Buying one within a month, buying mario Kart and pre ordering Bayonetta, four games for the price of one, baby.

So you are saying that you are getting all the games free except for Mario Kart? I'm thinking you meant to say four games for the price two right? It's still a great deal either way though.

I can't sell my PS4 fast enough. Sony exclusives can't compete with Nintendo and as I game PC primarily, I'm not missing much.

I don't play on PC but I've decided to sell both PS Vita and Xbox One :eek:
I don't need your PS4... I have one :p

I was on the fence for Xbox One and bought the Titanfall pack... but I realized this console is not for me, further more when I already have a PS4 so two systems for third party games is stupid.
I've bought a PS Vita for LBP, enjoyed Tearaway and other great games but it's not enough (most of the other games I enjoyed are also on PS3 / PS4 or Wii U like Fez, Guacamelee, Sound Shapes, Hotline Miami...). It's sad because I have the superior version of PS Vita (dat OLED baby).

Occam

Now that is crazy talk. 1st party output basically hasn't even started. So much awesome stuff ahead for PS4: Drive Club, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4. Why did you buy one at or near launch if you didn't have enough patience to wait until greatness arrives? None of these games will ever be on PC.

Bought one at launch. I'd argue that there's only a handful of great games. But I have been having a ton of fun with the NES Remix games lately. I really hope they do a SNES Remix.

I'd say at this point there's better PS4 exclusives. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and LBP3 looked better than anything Nintendo showed at E3.... maybe the new Zelda is in that upper echelon but that's it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Now that is crazy talk. 1st party output basically hasn't even started. So much awesome stuff ahead for PS4: Drive Club, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4. Why did you buy one at or near launch if you didn't have enough patience to wait until greatness arrives? None of these games will ever be on PC.

Other than Blood, those games all look terrible. And so does LBP3, but I've never enjoyed an LBP. I bought a PS4 at launch because I never owned a PC. But as I realized today's consoles are now just shit PCs, I built my first. I wish I never bought the PS4. I'll miss Blood and Destiny, though.

Not exactly one week ago. But I got one the day Mario Kart 8 dropped with the bundle. E3 would've gotten me out to the store too though.

Bought one at launch. I'd argue that there's only a handful of great games. But I have been having a ton of fun with the NES Remix games lately. I really hope they do a SNES Remix.
agree and somehow i think its a lock

I'd say at this point there's better PS4 exclusives. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and LBP3 looked better than anything Nintendo showed at E3.... maybe the new Zelda is in that upper echelon but that's it.
for 2015 i would say PS4 has a really good first party lineup. for 2014... im not convinced. especially LBP does nothing for me.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the Mario Kart bundle, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and I took Super Mario Bros as my free game and I couldn't be happier, the console itself is a great bit of kit and the games are all beautiful, perfectly smooth and bags of fun. I will be picking up Mario 3D and Smash Bros this year and there's several games I'm interested in coming out next year. The Wii U has way more exclusives that I'm interested in and honestly no console has a game like Mario Kart for me, it's just so fun and worth the £200 on its own. My only niggle is there's no real lobby system so joining online with a friend is so cumbersome, plus the Miis are so basic compared to Xbox avatars but that doesn't change the fact it's a brilliant console that more people should own.

Evo X

The Mario Kart 8 bundle will soon be mine!

Just went on a month long vacation, dumped a whole bunch of money in my car, and bought an Xbox One recently so I'm trying to pace myself.

coopolon

I'm seriously considering it. I'm happy with the $200 refurb price point, the problem is most of their big hitters aren't until 2015. What makes me think I may still get is being able to play wii games on it though.

My wii was along ago banished to the back of a dusty closet but I still have lots of games. I think I might play them on WiiU but on the gamepad, anyone have any experience with this? With the games being so low resolution I don't really feel like I'll be missing out much not having them on the big tv.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

You have a CGI trailer and some nice ass game play for Blood and LBP (never been hyped for LBP and it's cross gen to boot). Also all 2015 titles aside from cross gen LBP. Compare that to what Released on wii U and coming out in 2014 (Dat Bayonetta 2), nope just nope. We can talk in 2015 assuming none of that is delayed but not now.

That's a cutscene. Who cares what it looks like.

Indeed we're here to play games. Graphics are nice an all (I have a gaming pc after all), but it's all moot if your not personally interested in the game. UC4 as a lot of promise but it's shown all of jack so it's hard to get hype.

Phoenixus

So happy to see more WiiU owners, had mine since day one (with a little buyers remorse at the time I'll admit), but it's shaping up to have a respectable future. Screw nitty gritty 'realism', gimme wool and clay!

Do have a PS4 as well for third party stuff, but WiiU is undoubtedly my primary console. :D

Bedlam

I bought the MK8 bundle about 10 days ago. Plus, I got me W101, DK:TF and Pikmin 3. Also bought Super Castlevania 4, Super Metroid and Mega Man 2 from the eshop.

I don't care much for the gimmicky pad stuff (off-TV play is its only good functionality as far as I'm concerned) but I really love the overall experience.

RPGCrazied

Me. Most of the games I want though are 2015. But still have Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta this year, maybe Smash, but that depends if Shulk makes it on the roster, if not I'll just play Smash on the Wii.

I bought the MK8 bundle about 10 days ago. Plus, I got W101, DK:TF and Pikmin 3. Also bought Super Castlevania 4, Super Metroid and Mega Man 2 from the eshop.

I don't care much for the gimmicky pad stuff (off-TV play is its only good functionality as far as I'm concerned) but I really love the overall experience.
youtube on gamepad+tv is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom