• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has bought a Wii U within the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedlamite

Not quite the past week, but I got my Wii U when MK8 was released. The Wonderful 101 and WWHD put me on the tipping point, MK8 pushed me over.

Love the system. Nintendo really did right by the core gamers this E3, IMO, however I don't see anything that'll sell it to the mainstream audience, unfortunately.

NIGHT-

Are people really putting list wars in this thread? And comparing little big planet to Nintendo games? Please don't, they're not even in the same league.

But I love me a good wii u love thread.
I have 19 retail Wii u games and lots of digital goodness.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
In-engine, realtime on a real PS4.

It's not gameplay that's his point. You can have a lot of nice looking real-time cut scenes but I'm more interested in how it actually plays how it evolves. I can't get hyped on tech demo's. At most I can go oh that's nice.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
In-engine, realtime on a real PS4. Got any complaints about how Driveclub looks, too?

I love to lol when people hype up console graphics. Especially using a cut scene as some sort of pride flag.

Back on topic, Wii U is boss.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I did. My only regret is it looks like I could have saved a bit if I shopped a bit smarter, like getting a refurbished version, but I'm pretty happy with the system. I really like the off tv play.

bedlamite

In-engine, realtime on a real PS4.
Still no gameplay. The shiniest graphics matter not if the gameplay's a turd, or did we learn nothing from Killzone?

Not saying UC4 will suck, but those who look past graphics have nothing to get excited about since we haven't seen any gameplay yet.

Still no gameplay. The shiniest graphics matter not if the gameplay's a turd, or did we learn nothing from Killzone?

Not saying UC4 will suck, but those who look past graphics have nothing to get excited about since we haven't seen any gameplay yet.

I think we can safely deduce that it's going to play like Uncharted.

But yeah definitely had two friends buy a console after the conference. And another had bought one when MK8 came out. Good to see my friends list increasing. :)

Dachande

Yep, guilty.

Said I'd go for it if the MK8 bundle went at or below £220, and then I found Argos outlet selling it for exactly that. Got it yesterday, downloaded W101 and just bought 3D World, and enjoying it so far.

It was inevitable, I was going to buy one for Bayo 2 anyway, but...

Exile20

I agree on the in game engine vs gameplay. In game engine did nothing for me. I want gameplay man.

Anyway glad to see so many new Wii u owners.

-PXG-

I came thiiiiiiiis close.

And then my wife put her foot down. Hard.

;____;

I bet she buys frivolous junk too. Put YOUR foot down and buy one. Nope the hell outta your house and Yolo that shit man. Fuck it. Come back with Wii U and have blast.

bedlamite

I think we can safely deduce that it's going to play like Uncharted.
heh yeah. It'll be the fourth game in a series which has never taken many chances with its mechanics, nothing much to get excited about then.

I'll buy it, and I'll enjoy it (assuming it's not overly cinematic like 3 was), but you more or less know what you're getting with an UC game.

SexyFish

Banned
Bought one the day after Nintendo's digital event. Had some credit and got a refurbished Zelda Wii U and Mario Kart 8 for 180 dollars. Need to pick up 3D World and Wonderful 101 soon.

Just ordered one last night.
That goddamned refurbished Wii U GAF thread put me over the edge.

It helps that I can transfer my massive Wii VC library over(especially since my mother swiped the Wii a few years back to make it a Zumba machine).

Banzai

Yup, I did. Don't regret it one bit. Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker alone made it worth it. And there's so much more I need to get!

Bought one slightly over a week ago for Mario Kart. The Smash Bros Invitational has got me interested in Smash Bros but other than those two I can't see I'll buy (or play) anything else for the system.

Clockwork5

Bought one about a year ago. But I have been having Sunday Night Mario Kart Tourneys with a group of about 10. 3 of them have since bought a Wii U. Another is buying one for his GF. 2 of those people didn't even know the Wii U was a thing before MK8.

SeanTSC

I bought mine about a week before E3 - 06/03/14. A friend of mine finally badgered me into it. I picked up the MK8 Wii bundle and grabbed Wind Waker for my free game. Wind Waker is fucking gorgeous as all fuck on my 60" Panasonic ST60. Like, I knew it looked good, but god, what a Plasma does with that game is just a thing of beauty.

Also after E3 - no regrets. Definitely glad I picked one up, even if it's just to play Nintendo's games. Xenoblade can't come soon enough. Xenogears is *THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME* for me and I've loved every Xeno game made. Even Xenosaga 2, that's fucking right.

My entertainment center feels pretty complete going forward through the next generation with a PS3, PS4, and Wii U. Also have a Vita and 3DS XL (Zelda .ver, yay).

0Fm0YOg.jpg

PlOQkT0.jpg

My wife loves Mario Kart. It's the only video game she'll play. Still though, we had just gotten back from spending way too much money in Italy and I was absolutely shocked that she didn't yell at me for spending the money on the MK bundle.

In-engine, realtime on a real PS4. Got any complaints about how Driveclub looks, too?

Do people still prefer graphics over gameplay? Graphics are nice but gameplay is king. It isn't like the difference in PS4 vs Wii U graphics are a deal breaker. I have both systems so I don't have to worry but Wii U is looking more impressive than PS4 as far as software goes. (It did have a year head start to be fair)

I guarantee that Mario Kart will be more fun than Driveclub. Driveclub has better graphics but it isn't like Mario Kart is hideous and is hard to look at. It looks really good.

Glass Rebel

Bought one this week since there was a cheap NSMBU + NSLU bundle. My brother biught MK8 and Pikmin 3, I got W101, 3D World and found Nintendo Land used. Love the system.

I came thiiiiiiiis close.

And then my wife put her foot down. Hard.

;____;

Once she plays Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World, or Mario Kart she'll change her tune. ;]

Wii U is great. I'm glad that this E3 changed a fair amount of peoples opinions on it. The exclusives are awesome games and must-plays for anyone who isn't satisfied by "cinematic experiences."

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Bought the WW bundle with MK8 + free Pikmin 3, Cat Mario, and TW101. The treehouse footage of Splatoon and Bayo 2 got me.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Bought one about a year ago. But I have been having Sunday Night Mario Kart Tourneys with a group of about 10. 3 of them have since bought a Wii U. Another is buying one for his GF. 2 of those people didn't even know the Wii U was a thing before MK8.
My experience exactly with my friends, 2 bought one for MK8. We organize Mario Kart parties. We play couples against couples online. We are 38-40 years old. This is one special game.

J3ffro

I pulled the trigger on one of the refurb $200 bundles, just waiting its arrival. I knew I'd be picking one up at some point, but the E3 bug bit me. Can't wait for it to get here. Grabbed Mario 3D World, MK8 (with Pikmin 3), Lego City Undercover, Wonderful 101, and ZombiU, 3 of the WiiMote+Nunchuck refurbs directly from Nintendo, and a pro controller.

Best part was getting my wife to sign off. Albeit afterward, but she's good with it. No eggshells for me.

AU Tiger

bought one of those $200 refurb's from nintendo's site yesterday along with Windwaker and mariokart.

i'll probably get supermario bros U with the mario kart 8 free game voucher.

Chaos17

This looks terrible (and "last gen", like you wrote in your earlier post)?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115778516&postcount=1

And this?

U33cXQt.jpg

Please stop, the thread of Zelda U has been already hijacked by Sony/Uncharted fans.
This is annoying!

url-21.gif

People has the right to say they disliked something but stop making a war at everything : "look my game is greater than your because XXXXXX reasons and I won't stop because my game is greater than your. I will hunt you to the very end of every thread until, you say yes."

Why are you continuing to talk about PS4 games in a Wii U thread?

On-topic, Zelda definitely has me considering getting one soon even though that game is a ways off. Splatoon looks like a lot of fun too. So they definitely have some great looking games coming down the pipe, I just want firm dates.

Deitus

Nintendo had an amazing E3, but I'm not going to rush out and by a Wii U right this moment. I'll probably pick one up sometime this fall or winter for Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros, at which point I'll also get MK8, SM3DW, Wonderful 101, and probably a few others as well.

Nintendo may struggle with market share this generation, but a Wii U is definitely worth owning this gen, especially if they keep up this level of support. Just wish there was some way to get more 3rd parties on board.

BFIB

Just a heads up, on CAG, starting on the 22nd, the Wii u marioluigi bundle will be $279.

Or the refurb route. Heading up today to see if I can buy Groupon cards with my Target credit. If not, I still may plunge on the MK bundle.

I've had one a year and wasn't playing that much, being primarily a PC gamer, but the Mario Kart 8 free game offer has totally reinvigorated the Wii U for me.

It's just an incredible deal and it helps that MK8 is an amazing game. The deal is so generous, if you buy MK8 on the Wii U store you can get Mario Kart Snes basically for free, then you also get a free full Wii U game, I went for Pikmin3, THEN you can even cash in the points including for the free games to get around £10 Wii U store credit via Nintendo Network Premium.

holy shit, a thread about wii u and ends up having nathan drakes face plastered all over. The cutscene looks really sweet guys, this is not what the thread is about

Anyways, i would have bought one if i wasnt strapped for cash at the moment, but i will definately have one by October

Tortimer

I want one really badly. Maybe when I have some more spending money. I also really want to upgrade my 3DS to a 3DS XL. Hard to decide what to do first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom