• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the best female super hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm
Rogue
Raven
Supergirl

And of course ...

elastic%20girl.jpg

Elastic Girl from the Incredibles

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
o6y2s4f7qsMBxiDXlgM-o.jpg

Carol gets my vote. I always kinda liked her, how she got the shit end of the stick from the Avengers and did better with the X-Men (both in terms of writers and within the fiction), and when she got drunk and got fired by the Avengers in the 90's, it was kinda unique for the time. But really, the thing that really makes me like her these days is the weird obsessive hatred that some of you here on comics-gaf have for her.

All this still doesnt explain why she is the best female superhero.

You could say she has your favorite powerset/costume/measurements/cover artists whatever.
But OPs question was for Best female Super Hero.

And well lets face what has she done recently(read as ever) that even puts her in the running for best female Superhero???

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
All this still doesnt explain why she is the best female superhero.

You could say she has your favorite powerset/costume/measurements/cover artists whatever.
But OPs question was for Best female Super Hero.

And well lets face what has she done recently(read as ever) that even puts her in the running for best female Superhero???

What attracts him to her now is that people shit on her for her nowhere push. It's not gonna matter.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yup, First one I thought of. 90's Storm was awesome too. Or just Storm in general, she's the best.

1317843b22a11bca5e0bdea850ca87cd.jpg

People can say what they want about 90s X-Men, but when it comes to costumes, they had the comic game on lock

i also like rogue from the x men a lot, but only the 90s cartoon rendition...she was so weirdly out of place and different in the film series

MartyStu

2408321-kitty.jpg

Ultimate Kitty Pryde. Loved her post-Ultimatum revolutionary role, plus I thought they took her powers in interesting and believable directions (eg
she learns to reverse them, increasing her density to essentially attain bulletproof skin and super strength
).

You have no idea how much I want this for 616 Kitty.

jdstorm

Banned
Wonder Woman - The OG and the best. Pity the new movie looks bad.
Sue Storm - It Still hurts how badly fox has screwed up the fantastic 4
Aurora Monroe aka Storm (Xmen)
Selina Kyle - Catwoman (She's more of a grey character now then an outright villan)

Best current ones
Melissa Benoist - (TV's Supergirl)
Natasha Romanov - Black Widow

Edit: This thread just reminded me about Kate Bishop (Hawkeye). The MCU would have been so much better if they had just killed Clint Barton (Hawkeye) and had Kate take over for Avengers 2

Pau

Most of my girls have been posted except for this one:

vz9U06U.jpg

The Question: Renee Montoya.

For any interested, please read:

Gotham Central
The Question: Pipeline

Slayven

Most of my girls have been posted except for this one:

vz9U06U.jpg

The Question: Renee Montoya.

For any interested, please read:

Gotham Central
The Question: Pipeline

Renee was the question? Next you will tell me she fought Vandal Savage over the Spear of Destiny

Poona

Does Poison Ivy count? She does do heroic things, so hard to say.

Maybe better choice is She-ra. Does she count? If so I say her, if not then I say Wonder Woman,

Either way they're my three fave female superish comic book type characters.

error4041

Ms. Marvel: She is great becuase she manages to fill that relatable role that Spidey often occupies and yet feels totally unique, her series is a perfect mix of coming of age drama and mostly light-hearted superheroics
Squirrel Girl: Her use in recent years as a hero that works to find a solution to the problem before fighting is fantastic, it gives her series such a positve feeling, almost like Parks and Rec in a comic book
Black Widow: mostly becuase she's badass in the movies, but she is also pretty cool when she shows up is other comics too.
Gwenpool: Is a surpisingly deep book about a girl who suddenly finds herself in a world of superheroes and all she wants to be is the main focus. the book has a lighthearted tone with art to match to contrast with it's dark humor and unexpected amount of feels.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wonder Woman - The OG and the best. Pity the new movie looks bad.
Sue Storm - It Still hurts how badly fox has screwed up the fantastic 4
Aurora Monroe aka Storm (Xmen)
Selina Kyle - Catwoman (She's more of a grey character now then an outright villan)

Why even bother typing out her name, when you are gonna get it wrong and most people dont give a shit about peoples real names, Superhero code names are what most keep in their heads

My man.

As for my contribution:

d4059d01319247d2e425c3639fca96f0.jpg

I feel like people sleep on Wonder Woman because she is the obvious answer.

She is obvious for a reason.

Hmm might be making a new Avatar.
God damn WW looking fine.

Define "Best"

As a Superlative of Good.
Excelling all others.

So the female superhero who excels all others at being a female superhero.

jdstorm

Banned
Why even bother typing out her name, when you are gonna get it wrong and most people dont give a shit about peoples real names, Superhero code names are what most keep in their heads

Hmm might be making a new Avatar.
God damn WW looking fine.

As a Superlative of Good.
Excelling all others.

So the female superhero who excels all others at being a female superhero.

Because i wanted to differentiate between Storm and Sue Storm. It was an honest mistake i always thought it was spelled Aurora Monroe and not Ororo Munroe being more of a cartoon/film guy and less into the comic book side

Randam

this kinda threads get soooo fucking annoying..

people, not everyone knows every goddamn thing. (in this case (female) superheroes)

Gunblade47

Neo Member
"I saw that Supergirl is on TV, I saw it when I was working out this morning. There's an ad promoting Supergirl. She looked kind of—she looked pretty hot. I don't know what channel it's on, but I'm looking forward to that."

Now I feel dirty.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I've quickly become a huge fan of Gwenpool and Ms Marvel to the point they're near the top of my list of superheroes. I'm just not sure if they've been around long enough to put them at the very top.

Supergirl is my favorite otherwise. Making her more of an orphan and outsider than superman gives her a lot more fascinating stories and character development than Superman gets.

I've always liked wonder woman as a concept, and she has her moments in things like Justice League, but I wish she had at least one absolutely fantastic arc to help justify her iconicness. There's a lot of good arcs, but nothing amazing. She's my favorite in personality and powers at least, of the classic superheroes.

dpunk3

Batgirl. End of thread.

Even after she got handicapped by Joker she still fought crime as best she could as Oracle assisting Batman, and once she got back up on her feet she kept kicking ass. She is one of the best representation of females that I've ever seen and her development is comparative to that of Peter Parker in the sense that she matured throughout the comic book in ways that is not only realistic for an average girl, but also explored her mindset and fears as a part-time vigilante (especially post-Oracle).

That Killing Joke scene is a fucking atrocity to her legacy.

PsychBat!

Banned
Blink is a fucking badass and natural born leader. She has gotten the Exiles out of sticky situations and keeping them sane and not drift apart after visiting many alternate universes that are literally quite maddening.
Nocturne is a free spirit and also selfless and confident but not arrogant. She is probably the heart of the Exiles team. And while she isn't too thrilled about the mission they're given, she sets those feelings aside to help anyone that needs her, whether it's a random stranger from a different reality or her teammates. She hardly ever has a dour mood. She is the daughter of Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch.
Namora, the hard headed stubborn Queen of her universe's Atlantis. She did not get along with the Exiles at first and had no intention to stick around traveling alternate realities together and sought out Reed Richards to get back home. After accepting her fate, she still brought about the same demeanor she first had when she met the Exiles but developed a sense of loyalty and respect as time passed. A strong hard-ass but she was well respected.
Sasquatch aka Heather Hudson was the former wife of her universe's Logan. She got her powers from a demonic deity and can transform in to a Sasquatch at will giving her super strength and a wicked fast healing factor. The most reasonable and understandable member of the Exiles.
Mariko (yeah that Mariko) aka Sunfire, in this universe she is a young adult and a lesbian who has never even met Wolverine. A natural born hero, she didn't complain when she was given the mission to fix alternate realities along with the Exiles. And while she sincerely wanted to help, she also wanted to escape from the strict judgemental gaze she felt from her parents. She also got with an alternate universe Mary Jane who was Spider-Woman. When she died it almost broke the team apart.

Soranik Natu has been a fav of mine since she was introduced, first she was known as one of Kyle's girlfriend then later took a more independent route after Kyle lied about his emotions, later made the Sinestro Corps the most trusted Lantern Corps for a time until Sinestro took advantage of that and later combined the Sinestro Corps with the Green Lantern Corps.

Phyla-Vell the fourth(?) Captain Marvel and the second Quasar was great. She was one of the first members of the modern incarnation of the Guardians of the Galaxy. The moments where she shines was when she taunted Medusa about Black Bolt's death and kidnapping Crystal before that. Also when she escaped Magus' torture chamber and took on many goons of the Church of Universal Truth, only to get tricked and being blasted by a newly resurrected Thanos moments later. Bummer....

Jessica Cruz, the official sixth human Green Lantern of Sector 2814. Honestly, this one is painful to admit. I fucking love AND hate her. She just reminds me of me.

My personal choice, Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers.
She is just badass. Good hero, I know some dislike her for the Civil War 2 stuff, but I think Marvel raising the character has and will pay dividend. She is just a fun and good character, if a bit divisive, and that is why she's #1.

I would also be perfectly fine with The Major/Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell), Storm/Ororo Munroe (X-Men), Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan, and Zatanna Zatara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom