• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the best female super hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkarafo

elastic%20girl.jpg

Elastic Girl from the Incredibles

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Carol Danvers gets the huge fanbase, Kamala Khan gets the even bigger fanbase

Then there's my fave Monica Rambeau all out in the cold by herself :/

What? Is that why there was dead silence when she was revealed for marvel?

And I have to rep my girl songbird. She'll have her moment of shine soon

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I like Captain Marvel.

Only real answer.

Vj6DWSk.png

I like Jean Grey and Rogue too.

Weird how no one has mentioned the real best ever female superhero

captainmarvel1-630x420.jpg

Alright you're officially getting called out.

You say she's your favorite? Prove it.

Post your favorite Captain Marvel story arc from the comics. Post some panels of your favorite Captain Marvel moments. She's your favorite? Then there is a reason for it.

U3QW4df2Ao06c.gif

I used to read marvel comic books in the late 80's and early 90's but I stopped in the mid 90's, so I don't really have much knowledge about them.
But design wise there was a book ... I believe it was an Ironman sidestory in a Spiderman book (could be wrong about that) and there was this flying/energy projecting female superhero (who turned sorta evil in that story and was taken down by another flying and energy projecting male superhero... so yeah, probably not even applicable for this thread).

Man I wish I could remember the names, I just remember I really loved that design/drawing style... looks probably silly nowadays, it was the 90's after all lol (was it some physics name like proton/photon or something... meh, can't remember).

Slayven

Alright you're officially getting called out.

You say she's your favorite? Prove it.

Post your favorite Captain Marvel story arc from the comics. Post some panels of your favorite Captain Marvel moments. She's your favorite? Then there is a reason for it.

U3QW4df2Ao06c.gif

She had arcs beyond this?
msh11_d.jpg

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
From what I've read

- bat women
- Kamela Kan
- She Hulk
- Jessica Jones
- The Girls from the runaways

latest

I love the first run of Power Girl's standalone comic.

She's a cool strong CEO not afraid to show off and doesn't put up with people's shit.

She has the infamous boob window, but the way it's written at least in this, she totally owns it. She's not afraid to show off her body, and I found that cool.

Glass Rebel

I'm most likely not the first to make this prediction but the MCU will have the first worthwile depiction of Carol.

In the meantime I will champion my main girls Kamala, Monica Rambeau, Kate Bishop and Emma Frost.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm stuck between Black Canary, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk. Damn, forgot about Kitty Pryde too.

Vic_Viper

Velvet by Ed Brubaker is probably my favorite!

images

Shes basically James Bond's secretary. Who ends up being an ex spy herself from before Bond was recruited that is better in every way.

But for actual female "Super Heroes" they would be:

Batwoman

Batwoman-Rebirth-1.jpg

And then Magik and Psylocke

mkmDNBrSbCLIhXZiGbgZZYA.jpg

Zackat

after reading civil war 2 stuff

I hate Carol.

I like the Spider-Woman comics I have read.

She-Hulk probably my favorite though

Ri'Orius

2408321-kitty.jpg

Ultimate Kitty Pryde. Loved her post-Ultimatum revolutionary role, plus I thought they took her powers in interesting and believable directions (eg
she learns to reverse them, increasing her density to essentially attain bulletproof skin and super strength
).

Vic_Viper

after reading civil war 2 stuff

I hate Carol.

I completely agree with this. Not sure if her representation in Civil War 2 was exaggerated for the story, but it really didnt make me want to go out and read more of her. I havent read the Ultimates though yet and I hope that changes my outlook.

Slayven

I completely agree with this. Not sure if her representation in Civil War 2 was exaggerated for the story, but it really didnt make me want to go out and read more of her. I havent read the Ultimates though yet and I hope that changes my outlook.
She is just the help in Ultimates

Vic_Viper

She is just the help in Ultimates

Seriously? Lol. I was under the impression that it was her team.

Also Hope Summers would have been my goto pick if this thread came out like 5 years ago lol. I hate how Marvel has just completely forgotten about her ever since Bendis brought back young Jean. She had/has so much potential as a driving force for the X-Men and it's a shame to see her go to waste like this. After Second Coming and Avengers V X-Men she was being set up to become the X-Men's saving grace imo. She could have learned from Jeans mistakes and become something great, especially with the Pheniox!

Geist-

I like Captain Marvel.

Only real answer.

Vj6DWSk.png

I like Jean Grey and Rogue too.
I love the concept of Captain Marvel, but as far as quality of stories she doesn't come across well. I'm hoping the new movie can breathe new life into the character like they did for Iron Man.

For my answer, I don't read a lot of superhero comics, but I just started reading the Spidergirl stuff and I'm really liking Mayday as a character.

a618a430c32fb9333cb1d62cb45985c1.jpg

Mainstream? Captain Marvel or Spider Gwen. Both are really well done art wise, have interesting stories, and don't seem to be afraid to tread their own path.

I'm sad Empowered by Adam Warren hasn't been mentioned. Her story has been awesome, and has shown a very slow and deliberate character growth. Most people can't get past her outfit I guess.

I love the first run of Power Girl's standalone comic.

She's a cool strong CEO not afraid to show off and doesn't put up with people's shit.

She has the infamous boob window, but the way it's written at least in this, she totally owns it. She's not afraid to show off her body, and I found that cool.

Agreed. Power Girl solo was so fucking good. I was so sad when it was canceled for 'rebirth'. I wish they would get a good run going again.

Rogue2CoverByMikeWieringo.jpg.gif

Rogue will always be #1 in my books.

Rogue was my favorite marvel for quite a few years. Too bad they have done everything in their power to ruin her as a character.

Xero

I don't have a lot of exposure to comics outside of movies and older TV series, but Superman/Batman: Apocalypse made me a fan of Supergirl

I'll just share Shannyboi's post.

That behind the back take down is the best.
So good. But now someone has to post the gifs of wonder woman from apokolips. With that sick rope grab. Surprised so many people saying jean grey. I over estimated how much my hatred of her was shared by others.

Kickz

d752a8a4f024a4e1f4f042fb31748bfc.jpg

Storm is what immediately pops to mind for me when I think of female superhero. She's the most iconic for me. It helps that she had really prominent roles in all of the Xmen games I've played over the years and as a child.

Yup, the only one I have ever considered a badass

Kin5290

I really like Hawkeye (Kate Bishop). Also a fan of Captain and Ms Marvel.

A lot of my favorite female comics characters aren't superheroes. Take Tara Chace, Rachel Cole-Alvez, and Forever Carlyle from Greg Rucka's various series.

o6y2s4f7qsMBxiDXlgM-o.jpg

Carol gets my vote. I always kinda liked her, how she got the shit end of the stick from the Avengers and did better with the X-Men (both in terms of writers and within the fiction), and when she got drunk and got fired by the Avengers in the 90's, it was kinda unique for the time. But really, the thing that really makes me like her these days is the weird obsessive hatred that some of you here on comics-gaf have for her.

Seriously though, Kamala is probably my favorite these days.

Also, Silk deserves more recognition. Her book has been great, despite some questionable art. Drew is in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom