• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the best female super hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

All-New_Wolverine_Vol_1_20_Chen_Variant_Textless.jpg

The new Wolverine Laura. Her growth has been great and I can't think of a bad book.

Servbot24

Banned
I don't know comics, but browsing through this thread the art seems way better than normal comics. Image in the OP has awesome style

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I don't know comics, but browsing through this thread the art seems way better than normal comics. Image in the OP has awesome style

Ive read this comment like 3 times over.
Im still not quite sure what to make of it.

On Topic
Not really my favorite superhero, not really a superhero i guess.
But her saving the day in a true pinch is nothing short of super heroic

Queen from Rounds
6pYUOyM.jpg

And have these lovely ladies ever not been the best they could be?
QZD2Dvb.jpg

P.S Fuck Carol.
I was so hoping for a good book when she got her new costume, but she hasnt produced anything worth paying attention to in years.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
My personal choice, Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers.
She is just badass. Good hero, I know some dislike her for the Civil War 2 stuff, but I think Marvel raising the character has and will pay dividend. She is just a fun and good character, if a bit divisive, and that is why she's #1.

Give me one example of a good Captain Marvel story.

One. Captain Marvel mind you, not Ms. Marvel.

El Topo

"I think X is great."
"No she's not. This is dumb. You're dumb. Explain yourself. Give a detailed explanation on how you dare to like this character."

I think the aggressiveness and hostility of some people when it comes to such a mundane subject as superheroes is pretty sad.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
"I think X is great."
"No she's not. This is dumb. You're dumb. Explain yourself. Give a detailed explanation on how you dare to like this character."

I think the aggressiveness and hostility of some people when it comes to such a mundane subject as superheroes is pretty sad.

Couldn't be too hard to define why said character is the best in your mind, as well as showing off why they are the best, is it? I mean songbird thrives and evolves in Thunderbolts.

"I think X is great."

When you're seeing people get pressed on why they think Carol Danvers is the best, when shit is subjective, you know that someone's got beef.

I get it, CM is being built up for the MCU, and she's not my favorite by any stretch (I like Black Canary and Storm, myself), but coming off hostile towards others almost exclusively when they say "Carol Danvers" is immature.

Prax

Wonder Woman. Just generally iconic and I love it when she has that dark wavy hair look. I think her movie costume looks great and I hope she does well. Leader material!

Storm. Always a favourite of mine since the 90s cartoon. Can flight and control weather and shoot lightning? Nice yes! AND COOL WHITE HAIR! A true leader.

Cat Woman (if she counts sometimes at least). Always cool and sexy and I like cats and is Batman's true love!!! lol Not quite leader material or superpowered, but I figure she's special somehow.

Runners up who I also like in general:
Barbara Gordan Batgirl and Supergirl. Cute and stylish girls!

I also thought Wondergirl (Cassie Sandsmark?) in the Young Justice cartoon was super cute. What makes her actually different from supergirl though? How do I know? Are they the same person? lol Apparently they aren't...

I also like Zatanna design-wise but never thought much of her powers or personality.

Also from manga/anime: Lina Inverse. Chaos and fire-powered sorceress with bombast. lol I didn't know she was in GranBlue Fantasy, but I like that she got nice new official art of her made!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
When you're seeing people get pressed on why they think Carol Danvers is the best, when shit is subjective, you know that someone's got beef.

I get it, CM is being built up for the MCU, and she's not my favorite by any stretch (I like Black Canary and Storm, myself), but coming off hostile towards others almost exclusively when they say "Carol Danvers" is immature.

We arent critizing people for liking Captain Marvel....cuz this thread isnt about which character do you like.

Heck i love Captain Marvels suit, and was really hoping she would be a good hero in her series....but she wasnt.

So she isnt a particularly good superheroes....which makes it hard for people to vote her the best female superhero.

I stated earlier likeing her costume, powerset or any other trait isnt what the thread is actually about....we asking who is the best....as in they excel all others at being a superhero who happens to be female.

And if youve read any of Captain Marvels stuff, youll see that its very very hard to say she is particularly good at anything right now.

Im guessing people are asking cuz its such a weird answer to give when its the character has pretty much been assassinated by her writters.

Catwoman.

Don't care about anti-hero arguments. Reason is probably just the female hero I've most exposure with. I also like Black Cat, might be a cat thing.

creatchee

We arent critizing people for liking Captain Marvel....cuz this thread isnt about which character do you like.

Heck i love Captain Marvels suit, and was really hoping she would be a good hero in her series....but she wasnt.

So she isnt a particularly good superheroes....which makes it hard for people to vote her the best female superhero.

I stated earlier likeing her costume, powerset or any other trait isnt what the thread is actually about....we asking who is the best....as in they excel all others at being a superhero who happens to be female.

And if youve read any of Captain Marvels stuff, youll see that its very very hard to say she is particularly good at anything right now.

Im guessing people are asking cuz its such a weird answer to give when its the character has pretty much been assassinated by her writters.

I get what you're saying, but we live in a world where asking somebody what the best X is is synonymous with asking them what their favorite X is. It's the times. I'm not going to begrudge somebody their favorite or idea of "the best" simply because I don't see the same things or feel the same way they do. It's the same thing as "hardcore" wrestling fans yelling on the internet about casual fans liking the wrestlers who look good but aren't as adept at actual wrestling as some of the less pushed (by the company) guys and girls.

Ms. Marvel (Carol), cause she's hot.

Really though it's Magik.

f5YQ4gb.jpg

TBH I never even heard of her before her this year.

Big sword, ruler of limbo, blunt bangs, and mass teleportation?

Also a total funny tsuntsun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom