• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'm gonna define "met" as to speak to in person.

For me it would probably be meeting YA author Rick Riordan at an event when I was fifteen. Over the summer I got the chance to speak to Sufjan Stevens at a Q and A session, which was incredible. I'm not sure which of them is more famous.

I'm gonna define "met" as to speak to in person.

For me it would probably be meeting YA author Rick Riordan at an event when I was fifteen. Over the summer I got the chance to speak to Sufjan Stevens at a Q and A session, which was incredible. I'm not sure which of them is more famous.

I have no idea who Rick Riordan is, but Sufjan Stevens is amazing. I say Stevens wins for me!

legbone

cactus jack (mick foley, et al) when i was a child. back when he was skinny and wrestled for the uwf. sting was also there that night but didn't get to meet him. this occurred when i was in either grade school or junior high. uwf had a match at the high school in my town.

edit: hell, thinking back on it, it might not have been sting. i can't remember, it was the mid 80's. think it was sting though. if it wasn't sting it was the ultimate warrior. can't remember. wish i still had that program.

nel e nel

I used to be in a little DJ crew with DJ Kilmore from Incubus.

http://www.djkilmore.com/bio.html

Also Mixmaster Mike, Cut Chemist, DJ Shadow, DJ Nu-Mark, DJ Babu, El-P, Latyrx,

I worked in radio and at a record store for a while so there was always people coming in and I organized a lot of in store appearances.

Guevara

Shook Bill Clinton's hand (two separate times).

Also: sat in the box about the first President Bush, we said hey to him, Barbara and the secret service detail.

Magnus

Joss Whedon. E3 2014. He was watching me play FFXII over my shoulder.

I turned around after finishing, recognized him, and promptly I consoled him for the cancellation that week of Angel. He ran off after a short conversation, either short on time or terrified of my fanboyishness at the time.

Five minutes later, I met and briefly conversed (with my broken, 1 year of Japanese education) with Hironobu Sakaguchi on the show floor.

It was a weird 15 minutes.

Plenty more stars at various conventions. Tricia Helfer, Katee Sackhoff, Kate Mulgew, Eddie James Olmos, half the casts of Star Trek series', etc.

Recently met Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Grant Gustin (The Flash) and Ben McKenzie (Gotham) through work as well.

Was at the Resident Evil 5 wrap party in Toronto where I met the dudes who played Leon and Luther, and Michelle Rodriguez was DJ'ing. lol

Cream

Banned
Partied with Selena Gomez about a year and a half ago.

To this day one of the funnest nights I've ever had.

Also, I've been hit on by Kevin Spacey.

Symphonia

Banned
I've met Dion Dublin and Daniel Radcliffe. I've had drinks with David Tennant when he was doing some work with the RSC.

bengraven

Dan Jurgens at a comic meet up. I was pretty nervous because though I wasn't a big fan I had never met a "famous" person. This guy killed Superman!

He was kind of a dick.

David Beckham.

I was a PA on a MLS promo shoot a couple years ago. Not only did I get to talk to David Beckham, but I was tasked to catch any balls he kicked out of the cameras frame. It was pretty cool and he seemed like a nice guy.

Schlep

When I was a kid, I played NBA Jam with Christian Laettner at the MSP airport. Other than that, only at book signings and whatnot.

The only person I have ever met that I would consider famous would be Marreese Speights, an NBA player playing for the Warriors currently. He is from St. Pete, Florida and he came into the LA Fitness in St. Pete that I go to to play ball and work out. Pretty cool guy!

Qasiel

Sir Ian McKellen. He was at a protest I was attending with a friend. She asked for a picture which I took, but didn't have time to grab one myself/didn't want to seem to pushy. Lovely chap though.

Piggus

Ty Burrell

He worked for my mom before getting into acting and was my babysitter. He and his family remain family friends of ours. Just saw him not long ago, actually.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Wiz Khalifa, He lived about 15 minutes away from me. I hung out at ID labs with him and I made beats for him. He didn't get on any of them, but I don't blame him. I was bad back in the day.

Oh I take it back! I forgot to say Norman Reedus. He was walking around 6th Street in Austin, Texas one Halloween when I was spending it with my Austin buddies. Took a picture, told him thanks and that was basically it but it counts. He was hounded by a bunch of drunk people all night lol poor guy but he's the one who decided to go to sixth street in a sea of people without a costume.

Icefire1424

NHL great Bobby Hull. He helped my college hockey team raise the money we needed to go overseas to play in an international tournament in Finland. We auctioned off a bunch of stuff, he signed some memorabilia and spoke at a dinner we held for the event. Really cool guy, funny as hell.

Edit: While I'm thinking of it, Carmello Anthony was at Syracuse while I was still there. Most of the athletes lived on South Campus where I lived, so saw them all the time at the dining halls and gym. Spoke with him and Gerry McNamara pretty often.

Edit to the edit: ...and most of the Carolina Panthers a few years ago, including Cam Newton. I played in a "Joes vs. Pros" kickball tournament they used to host every year to raise money for CF. Spoke with, and ultimately played some kickball with most of 'em.

goku1693

Michael Douglas, The Game, Colin Kaepernick, E40, Chris Brown, Brian Shaw, Ruben Paterson(ex-NBA player aka Kobe Stopper), Mark Jackson, Miguel Nunez Jr, Derek Fisher and some others I can't think of.

DarkKyo

Bill Clinton. I was too young to know who he was at the time but it still counts. I was probably 5 or 6 when I met him while he was touring the nation for his first campaign for presidency.

Roo

A couple of friends and I ran into Lindsay Lohan when we were in New York back in 2006.
She was there promoting one of her movies I think.

E the Shaggy

I was brought backstage during a WWF show when I was 6, because a girl in my kindergarden class was the daughter of Big Jon Stud. I met the entire roster, Hulk Hogan called me "Little dude".

Daft Punk. They did an unmasked DJ set in Hollywood around 2008? Really nice guys. I also had a 3 minute conversation with Kim Kardashian about a restaurant while she waited for an uber. That ass is no joke man. It's beautiful.

Ramza

Banned
Beyonce. My high school band won a grammy (tells you how easy it is to win a fucking grammy), and she was there congratulating them since she's a Houston girl. This was back in 2002. I bitched at her manager because they decided to use the black box theater as her "resting room" and kicked me out. I had lights in there to fucking adjust, damnit. Fuck Beyonce

Ekdrm2d1

K-Rino has an (underground) fan base world-wide.
k-rino-1.jpg

Pinkuss

As a kid I was babysat by Fayboy Slim and Paul Heaton. Met a few Brookside celebs whilst my mum worked in the Green Room bar/Theatre in Manchester too when I was a kid.

On a geek related 'famous' person I hugged Mr Biffo of Teletext fame on a forum meetup when extremely drunk many years ago.

Tambini

Travis Barker is the only celebrity I've ever met, he was really nice, shook my hand and signed some stuff for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom