• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hung out drinking and chatting with Isaac Brock one night.
Met Wayne Coyne another night.

There's a couple more but I'm blanking right now.

NekoFever

I met and had a brief conversation with Alex Ferguson. Manchester United played a pre-season friendly against my local team and my dad's company sponsored the match, so we got to hang around in the tunnel and in the bar afterwards. Nice guy.

David Beckham was there too but he was an ass and didn't have time for anyone.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Met Billy Gibbons at the Houston International Festival a few years back.

Literally brushed elbows with Booker T while leaving a steakhouse. Took me a double-take before I realized it was him.

Oh yeah, shook hands with George H.W. Bush.

Chris Brown :/ he was cool though. Friendly. This was back when I was in college and he was either not 18 yet or just turning 18. I remembered he couldn't drink.

Ran into the wrestler John Cena but I dont watch wrestling.

Donald Trump came to our building for a fundraiser and I walked past him and his security but I didn't actually 'meet' him.

SBH

Estonia's former Minister of the Interior Jüri Mõis.
Our families were friends. I made him watch Rocky IV with me and tell me what the Russians were saying that wasn't translated.

Travis Barker.

foxbarker.jpg

He's a really cool guy irl.

Mook1e

Presidents:
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Clinton
George W. (Twice)

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah

Secs:
Powell
Rice
Rumsfeld (Twice)
Kerry

CJCS Petraeus

Non-polmil:
Ip Chun (My sifu's sifu and Ip Man's son)

Jennifer Hudson (right after her Idol season)
Dr. Dre

That's all I can think of. I don't know who is the most famous. I've met some others, primarily sports figures and entertainers...

bryanee

lol erm no one. I met the Wolverhampton Wanderers mascot wolfie once after my 5-a-side football team won a best of primary school comp when I was 10...that was 21 years ago.

Its a long story, but apparently I went out drinking with some girl named Lucy Hale or something who is best friends with a good friend of mine from work. Had no idea who she was while we were out, still don't really, but man is she a wild drinking buddy.

10/10 would laugh at her making out with my friend on a train again.

andylsun

Benoit Mandelbrot at a lecture he gave in around 86. Got him to sign my copy of Beauty of Fractals and say a few words.

The only one that comes to mind is Johnny Marr (The Smiths) who was incredibly nice and talkative.

And I saw Hannibal Buress at JFK but it was really early in the morning and didnt want to bother him.

Kaban

I've asked Steven Spielberg and Mel Brooks questions at some Q&As, if that counts.

I've gotten pictures with Christopher Nolan, Bryan Cranston and Robin Williams, so I've done the whole "Can I take a photo with you" thing with them. Adam Sandler once complimented my accent and we talked about Europe for a little bit. I've met some big names in animation as well... Pete Docter, Tom Kenny, Matt Groening. I also read the shit out of Garfield growing up, and despite what people have to say about the comic, meeting Jim Davis was so great. My inner 10-year-old was overjoyed.

These are all pretty big names (and I'm missing a few more) and meeting/talking to these guys was amazing, but I would have to say Bryan Cranston was my best experience. Such a nice guy.

Dr.Jerkberg

Neo Member
Met Wayne Gretzky at a restaurant during the World Juniors Hockey Tournament. That was kinda neat. Also shook Ray Bourque's hand at the same event.

I've met most of the main line Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter guys including Geoff, Gus, and Joel. I was interviewed shortly by Barbara at the first RTX. Also, Jeff, Dan, Drew, and Alex from Giant Bomb shortly chatted with me. Hannah Heart from My Drunk Kitchen called the a handsome hobbit, but that's because I wore hipsterish cut off shants often back then.. Uhm, I met Angel from Borderlands?

20090325_batt_250x250.jpg

Bryan Batt from Mad Men, but I keep forgetting that because I never really knew watched the show!

Y'all be the "most famous" judge here. idk.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bill Gates*
Steve Ballmer*
Tom Cruise
Gene Hackman
All of the Workaholics
Conan O'Brien
Captain Mal
King Candy
Russell Wilson
Sherman
Beast Mode
Spielberg

I've asked Steven Spielberg and Mel Brooks questions at some Q&As, if that counts.

I've gotten pictures with Christopher Nolan, Bryan Cranston and Robin Williams, so I've done the whole "Can I take a photo with you" thing with them. Adam Sandler once complimented my accent and we talked about Europe for a little bit. I've met some big names in animation as well... Pete Docter, Tom Kenny, Matt Groening. I also read the shit out of Garfield growing up, and despite what people have to say about the comic, meeting Jim Davis was so great. My inner 10-year-old was overjoyed.

These are all pretty big names (and I'm missing a few more) and meeting/talking to these guys was amazing, but I would have to say Bryan Cranston was my best experience. Such a nice guy.

If the "Can I take a photo with you" thing counts, I've met Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt. I once asked Anne Hathaway to sign something and she did.

Former Austrian chancellor Wolfgang Schüssel is probably the most famous person I've met. He bought a book from me in the store I used to work in. Also a few Austrian authors and journalists.

Arnold Schwarzenegger - But I was only 10 so I don't know if this one counts.
Mark Mcgwire - Got to spend an evening with him for an art piece my dad was doing. I remember thinking he was absolutely massive.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Partied with Selena Gomez about a year and a half ago.

To this day one of the funnest nights I've ever had.

Also, I've been hit on by Kevin Spacey.
I'm gonna need details. I've always wanted to meet Kevin Spacey, he is an awesome actor and seems like (based on interviews) a really great guy.

My brother knows a bunch of big UFC names. I never met any of them myself but I'm jealous of my bro when he posts pics on facebook rollin with people like Dana White and Frankie Edgar and Rashad Evans to name a few. Of course his life took a turn for the awesome after we live across the country from each other when we were side by side our whole lives up until about 6 years ago.

Cream

Banned
I'm gonna need details. I've always wanted to meet Kevin Spacey, he is an awesome actor and seems like (based on interviews) a really great guy.

Was at a bar with my girlfriend and some friends. I was pretty tipsy, so I didn't even recognize him at first. It was a classy kind of joint, so it was low light. He kind of bumps into me, looks and stops, smiling and starts talking to our group, his arm around my shoulder and saying things to us like "You guys know that you've got a hunk right here, right?"

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I had a lunch time drink with John Hurt the actor and we chatted about horse racing.

Was at a bar with my girlfriend and some friends. I was pretty tipsy, so I didn't even recognize him at first. It was a classy kind of joint, so it was low light. He kind of bumps into me, looks and stops, smiling and starts talking to our group, his arm around my shoulder and saying things to us like "You guys know that you've got a hunk right here, right?"

How big was his dick?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Hollywood famous people? Naw

Political / world people? Quite a few

Biggest one is probably how I wrote a quick policy brief for Ban Ki Moon a while back and had a good 30 minute meeting with him while waiting for my boss to arrive. Amazing guy to talk to.

Probably Sascha Konietzko of KMFDM.

He just kind of hung out after the show and chewed the shit with anyone who noticed him. Really mellow guy.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Damn, I hope you got a picture at least. Mad jealous.

1997 President of India - Shankar Dayal Sharma
Prime Minister of Canada - Stephen Harper
Famous Indian cricketer - Sunil Gavaskar
Big players that played for the Indian cricket team in 1998 except for Sachin Tendulkar

I met Craig Robinson (Daryl from the Office) backstage at Outside Lands a couple years ago, before/after he performed a comedy/musical act there. He's actually a good pianist, which I never knew about.

I am friends with the lead singer of String Cheese Incident (sorta like Phish or the GD). Our families hang out regularly. Funny thing is, I couldn't tell you the name of a single song of theirs, or anything about the band.

I'm also friends with electronic music pioneer Tipper.

Go319

Prince.

Met him and got to hang with him before a concert for almost an hour.

He offered to make me tea.

Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom