• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the spookiest, scariest wrestler of all time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of good Luchadors fit this. La Parka, Damien 666, Ciclope...

TOVVvgb.gif

Paul Bearer was pure awesome. RIP.

strobogo

Banned
The first year or so of The Undertaker is facisnating to watch. His matches sucked because they were all character driven, which meant basically all he did was chokes, but then he'd make it across the ring in 2 strides and do a flying clothesline where he easily cleared the top ropes. He really seemed like some kind of freaky monster. But seeing kids legit shook with fear and crying when he came out was amazing. He was terrifying if you were a kid and I can't imagine seeing him up close at 5 or 6.

But Paul was always creepier to me. Undertaker seemed like a monster who would kill you. Paul Bearer seemed like a member of Leatherface's family who would take great glee in watching you suffer while sitting in a chair made of bones. The kind of guy who had a lot of taxidermy animals in his house. The kind of guy who could have been in The 'Burbs. The kind of guy who probably carried a severed hand in his bag at all times just for fun.

Not necessarily the most creepy, but:

articleimagehelmet.jpg

Vader always had me believe he was literally going to hurt someone in the ring. Just the way he would hit people and whatnot seemed a bit unwieldy. Plus,the way the nose point of his mask never aligned with his nose always made me uneasy for some reason. Haha, what the shit was I thinking? I don't even understand what this mask meant anyway.

big_van_vader.jpg

DominoKid

I thought the Undertaker was a demon when I was a kid.

It's weird to see Papa Shango and hear that he was such a scary character when I know him mainly as The Godfather (w/ the Ho Train).

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
scary to see or scary to work with? cause id be scared to work with a lot of nutcases that do that for a living and have to "work" with them instead of do my best to knock them the fuck out. Getting belly slammed by the worlds strongest man has to be terrifying! Tha STANK!!>!>!>!?!??!?!?!!one1111

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Speaking of Papa Shango/The Godfather, you've gotta be a pretty dedicated prostitute to stick with a pimp who used to be a witch doctor.

The Undertaker's entrance still gives me chills. He's definitely a badass, but I'd put his entrance alone in the category of spooky. Spooky cool though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Undertaker pre-talking too fucking much.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Shockmaster was pretty shocking.

Demolition wore make-up and BDSM gear.

The Taskmaster delegated utter terror.

Berserker was, ummm, well, uhhh, HUSS!

Alex Wright's dancing was awesomely creeptastic.

Mortis had green lights of death.

Skinner's addiction to chaw was gnarly.

But Nailz would choke you out for not picking him, so I will go with him.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Papa Shango was pretty bad ass as well. I wish they would have gave him a better run.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Vader always had me believe he was literally going to hurt someone in the ring. Just the way he would hit people and whatnot seemed a bit unwieldy.

That's because he could, and he did. Vader was stiff as fuck in the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zvp7oloG-w#t=1m59s

They threw him in the ring with Shamrock since Shamrock was still green and could only work a stiff, strike style. And only Vader could really deal with that.

Look at how that turned out when shamrock went a little too far XD

strobogo

Banned
That's because he could, and he did. Vader was stiff as fuck in the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zvp7oloG-w#t=1m59s

They threw him in the ring with Shamrock since Shamrock was still green and could only work a stiff, strike style. And only Vader could really deal with that.

Look at how that turned out when shamrock went a little too far XD

Ken Shamrock was a pro wrestler for years before he was in UFC. He wasn't some green rookie. In fact, he even did jobber matches in the WWF in 1991ish. That match was intentionally supposed to be a shoot style match.

Acorn

How have I not seen this Shawn Michaels incident before lol
Michaels got Vader fired after that iirc. I think Foley in one of his books said that Vader was a really kind and emotional guy outside the ring and the Michaels incident 'hurt' him because he knew Michaels was the top guy that would get him fired.

Edit I think it was Cornette that said it actually.

Michaels got Vader fired after that iirc. I think Foley in one of his books said that Vader was a really kind and emotional guy outside the ring and the Michaels incident 'hurt' him because he knew Michaels was the top guy that would get him fired.

Vader broke a jobber's back in the ring then cried about it backstage afterwards.

In fact right after he did it he was crouched over the guy. Looked intimidating but he was really worried for him.

GaimeGuy

Yeah heel doink was creepy. Especailly with that entrance theme.

strobogo

Banned

Vader stayed in WWE until the fall of1998, so he didn't get fired from that.

Acorn

Vader stayed in WWE until the fall of1998, so he didn't get fired from that.
Yeah I checked up on it, but he did try apparently. Might explain why vader was made a jobber after the taker fued.

Might not be true but Michaels was a real piece of shit during that time.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah I checked up on it, but he did try apparently. Might explain why vader was made a jobber after the taker fued.

Might not be true but Michaels was a real piece of shit during that time.

It's mostly because HBK completely killed his push. The original plan was for Vader to win that match and the feud continue until RR97, where HBK would win the title back in his home town. Instead, he threw a bitch fit and Vader lost his spot to Sid, never to be taken seriously in WWE again.

GaimeGuy

It's mostly because HBK completely killed his push. The original plan was for Vader to win that match and the feud continue until RR97, where HBK would win the title back in his home town. Instead, he threw a bitch fit and Vader lost his spot to Sid, never to be taken seriously in WWE again.

Yeah, Pre-back injury HBK was a piece of shit.

Kamala. I used to be so scared for the crowd in the arena. I was worried he might escape from his 'handler'.
SAaKUgN.jpg

He was my first thought, I agree. And kind of an obscure guy but I always thought The Missing Link was seriously f'd up. The Great Kabuki was messed up too. I cant post pics because I'm at work.

zerotol

Banned
Kamala. My aunt took me to some WWF events at the Tacoma Dome when I was a kid. One of the main events was Hogan vs Kamala. On the way home, we ended up at an intersection and Kamala was in the car next to us pounding beers in the backseat.

thekenta

shock5.jpg

On a serious note, I've seen Stan Hansen somewhere in this thread and have to agree.
I'd rather get knocked out by Ubereem than wrestle Stan Hansen for fifteen minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom