• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting the Wii U version of COD Ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiustis

I think I'll get it before the end of the year. It's worth a try. I kind of just want to try it wit a Wii mote.

prag16

Banned
Saying you own a wiiU does NOT give you a free pass to shit on threads.

-------

~4 more days!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Thread shitting is still thread shitting. I own a PS3 now as of last week. Do I now have the right to shit on Sony threads?

imBask

Banned
I won't get this years COD but if I had to, I don't think i'd pick the Wii U version... The core of the community won't pick the Wii U version either, so I don't see the online being as fun on WiiU over time

Pjsprojects

On the WiiU Ghosts Facebook page all the screens are 1080p, are they stretched? graphics look ok typical MW game.

I'm happy to buy the WiiU version at 720p really due to game pad.

qko

Does IW do some kind of Zombie mode like Treyarch does? Zombie mode on the GamePad is still the only reason I've kept BOII on the Wii U

Rizsparky

Does IW do some kind of Zombie mode like Treyarch does? Zombie mode on the GamePad is still the only reason I've kept BOII on the Wii U

Extinction mode, which was just announced a few days ago, basically an alien alternative.

prag16

Banned
That's not true at all. I never have to wait for a game. There's also 12-30 games available.

12-30? No. Unless you mean only for one (non TDM) mode. There are hundreds of matches at peak times, and way off-peak there's still more than you're saying.

I know the numbers are still low, and I know it's a minor quibble in a sense, but it's not a good thing that so many people (whether joking/serious/misinformed/trolling/whatever) come in here overexaggerating just how low the numbers are, thus possibly turning off more people to the game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Me, no way I'm paying for Gold to play this on 360, and if I picked it up on PC I wouldn't play it that often, Off-TV is a godsend.

Me, no way I'm paying for Gold to play this on 360, and if I picked it up on PC I wouldn't play it that often, Off-TV is a godsend.

Same, my gold ran out today. I forgot it expired today so I'll have to switch my order to the WiiU version. I enjoyed Black Ops 2 online so hopefully this turns out fun. Reviews come in on Tuesday I assume?

Sushigod7

Played BLOPSII and didn't have any issues I might grab this during black friday if I can find for slightly less of a discount. Between this and Deus Ex that should scratch my FPS itch for awhile. Waiting to get Deus Ex for less than 50 as well, hoping to get it for where the rest of the system prices are at least.

Anyone remember the Wiimote control scheme for CoD: BO2? Was the nunchuck's control stick used for full body movement or for weapon selection? I'm asking because I want to see how relatively noob friendly this game will be for my GF, who'll be using the Wiimote (this will be her first FPS experience since Metroid Blast).

Berg

Anyone remember the Wiimote control scheme for CoD: BO2? Was the nunchuck's control stick used for full body movement or for weapon selection? I'm asking because I want to see how relatively noob friendly this game will be for my GF.

full body movement. select weapons with d-pad. (tho, i could have a modified button layout...i think d-pad is weapon selection default)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sounds like the Wii U version is going to run at 880x720 again. Not a huge surprise I guess.

https://twitter.com/A_Trey_U/status/396354125853519872
I'm sure it'll be the same on Xbox 360.

Previously, with the game shifting back and forth between developers every year, we saw it change especially as the engine was improved. This time around, however, I'd imagine the technology base used in the PS3/360/U versions of the game hasn't really evolved much and is likely just about the same as what was used in Blops 2. The only real hope here is that they've put more optimization effort into the Wii U version since Blops 2 was their first crack at the hardware. This time is particularly interesting as Infinity Ward is responsible for the creation of Ghosts (PC/PS4/XB1) while Treyarch is responsible for porting the game to PS3, 360, and Wii U.

Of course, I really don't know how much of Treyarch is dedicated to Ghosts. I'd imagine they are also working on another installment in the franchise for 2014 as well?

prag16

Banned
This time is particularly interesting as Infinity Ward is responsible for the creation of Ghosts (PC/PS4/XB1) while Treyarch is responsible for porting the game to PS3, 360, and Wii U.

Of course, I really don't know how much of Treyarch is dedicated to Ghosts. I'd imagine they are also working on another installment in the franchise for 2014 as well?

I think IW is doing all versions EXCEPT Wii U. Unless there was news to the contrary at some point that I missed.

Apparently the Nintendo team at Treyarch has been working on the Wii U port of Ghosts since early this year, which could explain in part the dropoff in patch support for Black Ops 2 Wii U.

fernoca

Isn't Treyarch only porting the Wii U version and IW doing every other along Raven and Neversoft?

EDIT:
Checking around and the post above, yep...Wii U version only.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I think IW is doing all versions EXCEPT Wii U. Unless there was news to the contrary at some point that I missed.

Apparently the Nintendo team at Treyarch has been working on the Wii U port of Ghosts since early this year, which could explain in part the dropoff in patch support for Black Ops 2 Wii U.
Oh yeah? That was a guess on my part. I'm surprised that IW is handling FIVE versions of the game itself.

Well, perhaps with such a laser focus on one version it will actually stand out.

guek

Banned
Oh yeah? That was a guess on my part. I'm surprised that IW is handling FIVE versions of the game itself.

Well, perhaps with such a laser focus on one version it will actually stand out.
thats kinda what happened with batman:ao. Solid fps, no tearing, and fewest bugs!

trixx

so this is looking to be a solid 360 port. I was hoping it would be 720p native using current gen assets and support 5 player. Oh well ill have to ask my bro if he wants it launch

prag16

Banned
thats kinda what happened with batman:ao. Solid fps, no tearing, and fewest bugs!

I haven't been following closely. Did anybody do "legit" comparisons proving the superiority of the Wii U version of batman, or is it all anecdotal?

So seeing the above numbers it's 720p then,didn't think Bops2 was that.

Well, it's 880x720 as opposed to 1280x720. BO2 was also 880x720 on all consoles. MW3 and BO1 were a little different. Less vertical lines but more horizontal I think. I think the low point was one of them being 960x540 on PS3.

large

You can't access the Home while online. Since it pauses the game when you do.

It depends on the game. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will let you access the HOME menu while being in a online lobby (though the screenshot function isn't enabled in this game -.-). It will run in the background without disconnecting you from the other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom