• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are Dungeon RPGs (EO, Wizardry) not very popular? How can it be evolved?

I'll vouch for Stranger of Sword City. It's really awesome.

I just spent half my night backing up and reformatting my vita so I could switch to a US account, wait for PSN codes to arrive from ebay and buy the Revisited release. Loving it so far, especially the simple but effective expansions to the genre like Hiding. Very nice art style too (the original style).

More of these on mobile would be great. The classics, that is. I don't even think there's been a Wizardry port to iOS.

There are a few, but they don't feel like they used to. Maybe that's saying more about me than them.

I've always thought the genre would be a good fit for mobile but have not really enjoyed many that I've played, and most of the newer ones seem to simplify the gameplay down to basic (or effectively no) exploration+clicker/swiper.

cj_iwakura

More of these on mobile would be great. The classics, that is. I don't even think there's been a Wizardry port to iOS.

There are a few, but they don't feel like they used to. Maybe that's saying more about me than them.

Didn't Labyrinth of Lost Souls get an iOS port?

I went from having a bunch of old-school PC DRPGs to having many PC DRPGs! Thanks to the Humble Sale i've bought:

Elminage Gothic
Paper Sorcerer
Crystal Rift
Monster Monpiece
Operation Abyss
Operation Babel
Moero Chronicle - I did not realize the amount of Fan-Service here 0_o
Stranger of Sword City
Fall of Dungeon Guardians
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern

I think i'm set for a good long while! 0_0
... well until Vaporum releases on Sept 28th at least! Though it looks a bit more like a steam-punk Grimrock as it's Real-Time rather than Turn-Based.

Nope.

Change from this:

large.jpg

To this:

24ef14a6b23490ef0798db77e08ea675--tetsuya-nomura-project-.jpg

More sales guaranteed.

Says EO is ugly.

Suggests the artist be replaced with Nomura.

C8Wl1p1UMAA9GnI.jpg

Top Bottom