• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do dudes just chill in the locker rooms butt ass naked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Old people don't give a fuck. They rock out with their cocks out.

Also: it's a locker room, dude. This is perfectly normal.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Count Dookkake said:
Yeah, there are a few creeps who seem to spend more time in the locker room naked than they actually do working out. There is this one extra-creepy old guy, Bill, who spends at least an hour in there wandering around naked, talking to a lot of young dudes. He'll also sit in the TV lounge naked. His worst crime, though, was sitting in the steam room naked and leaving a skid mark. BARF.
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nasty.

Atrus

Gold Member
Honestly, I'd rather not have to use a towel either. The only reason I do is for the fact that there's a tendency for others to make a deal out of it.

I don't see how men (and some women) can go from training naked in the gymnasiums of Greece and Rome, to single sex nude baths in the Turk Hammams, to a point where nudity is taboo even in a fucking change room.

Do some people really need to wear towels to hide themselves when changing (or change in the stalls?). Is this because of some secret fear of 'teh gay' that's caused everyone to be over-sensitive at looking at other members of the same sex?

Quit being a pansy. The locker room is for men with balls; great big hairy balls that are just too manly to keep to ourselves. Maybe you would be better suited using those bathrooms with the built in diaper changing station.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Atrus said:
Honestly, I'd rather not have to use a towel either. The only reason I do is for the fact that there's a tendency for others to make a deal out of it.

I don't see how men (and some women) can go from training naked in the gymnasiums of Greece and Rome, to single sex nude baths in the Turk Hammams, to a point where nudity is taboo even in a fucking change room.

Really, do some people really need to wear towels to hide themselves when changing (or change in the stalls?). Is this because of some secret fear of 'teh gay' that's caused everyone to be over-sensitive at looking at other members of the same sex?
Um, it's not a complaint over someone changing. It's complaining that they're naked while not changing.

Atrus said:

Do some people really need to wear towels to hide themselves when changing (or change in the stalls?). Is this because of some secret fear of 'teh gay' that's caused everyone to be over-sensitive at looking at other members of the same sex?
Answer: Societies have devolved over time.

Eagle 209

Banned
A lot of it has to do with modesty originating in religion. plus, there is the victorian cultural influence in the anglophone world.

AFreak

Banned
Atrus said:

Or the fact that other people make fun of you for how you look. They aren't gay either, but they'll stare at your unit just to make fun of it...so it's either that or what you said.

KevinCow

Banned
Docpan said:
I was in the locker room changing my shirt and this old fucker was just standing there RIGHT next to me slapping talcum powder on his balls and asshole, resulting in a powdery mist gently floating towards my face.

I have to wonder why your face was in the general vicinity of his balls and asshole.

I have to agree with this. Whenver i'm done lifting weights in college and i go to the locker room there is always this old naked guy probably 7 ft away from me. He then sits there and starts a conversation with random people. Motherfucker should learn some manners

Blader

Atrus said:

Don't be stupid. My not wanting to see 60-year-old guys let their balls hang out has nothing to do with "teh gay."

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Gaborn said:
Just deal with it. Nudity is a natural thing.

So is pooping! But I don't want people pooping all around me.

I think the rule is, I am only comfortable seeing peoples sexual organs if I am sexually attracted to them.

I go 2-3x a week--- i find it gross... especially when >50 show their goods. I try to do the no visual contact trick where I just stare straight ahead at other things.

NomarTyme

I don't think you guys understand. After working out and looking a nice looking girls and then going to the Locker to change. It is like a fucking Lemon Party each time when I visit the locker. Oh the fucking Horror.

btkadams

salva said:
I have to agree with this. Whenver i'm done lifting weights in college and i go to the locker room there is always this old naked guy probably 7 ft away from me. He then sits there and starts a conversation with random people. Motherfucker should learn some manners
its weird how its always the really old people. below 60 and you're not naked. it's like some sort of code.

Zeliard

Are you guys seriously tripping out over naked guys in a locker room? Is there a male locker room on planet earth that exists, past middle school, that features solely clothed guys? The whole point of a locker room is that you change in them. This tends to involve nudity.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Blader5489 said:
Don't be stupid. My not wanting to see 60-year-old guys let their balls hang out has nothing to do with "teh gay."

Exactly. Who wants a naked 60 year old woman on their lap?

It has nothing to with sexuality. Its discrimination against the old damn it.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
btkadams said:
its weird how its always the really old people. below 60 and you're not naked. it's like some sort of code.

Because they are old, and dont give a shit, unlike young clowns who think they are cool and are afraid of seeing other's people genitals in a changing room(!)

OH NO OTHER PEOPLE HAVE A DICK AND BALLS TOO. THE HORROR.

Jayge

I actually have to agree with something Docpan posts. I feel nasty.

But not as nasty as it feels to have a good workout, get to the locker room to change, and find yourself flanked on both sides by 65 year old examples of the effects of gravity on body fat, among other things. Jesus tap-dancing Christ. I'm not someone who is afraid of male nudity but these geriatric fucks are just... offensive. I understand the need to relax but do it in some airy boxers at least. Sheesh.

Kinitari said:
So is pooping! But I don't want people pooping all around me.

I think the rule is, I am only comfortable seeing peoples sexual organs if I am sexually attracted to them.
Nudity is not the same as pooping. Societies regulated pooping to bathrooms, or ditches, or other specified areas. Many earlier societies thought nudity was not a bad thing at all, and wasn't 'regulated'. Therefore this argument falls flat and Gaborn is still right.

GrapeApes

reilo said:
I go 5 days a week. How about you? In fact, today I went twice. Once during my lunch hour to workout, and after work to practice an hour of basketball.
You go 5 days a week and your response was people are insecure about their sexuality? No one is getting turned on by 70 year old nutsack. I don't know how shit is at in your gym but old ass dudes just walk and chat.

3363491603_6da05bf6e6_m.jpg

_Isaac

Hmm. I have to say I have never really run into this problem before. I go to the gym at my school and everybody is pretty in and out in a flash. There is a bit of nudity of course, but hey it's a changing room. I guess your problem is with the idling about in the nude. The guys the gym I go to are pretty stone silent. It's kinda creepy actually.

NomarTyme said:
I don't think you guys understand. After working out and looking a nice looking girls and then going to the Locker to change. It is like a fucking Lemon Party each time when I visit the locker. Oh the fucking Horror.

In my college gym there is only one ugly girl. Here in the town gym there are no girls (probably because it costs $1.75 a workout and that attracts the assholes =( ). I should get another gym.

Replicant

I solve this problem by changing inside a toilet. Door closed. Although I don't think there are many old guys in my gym, except for this one guy who seems to spend at least 5-6 hours at the gym everyday. He's hardcore.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
For once, I agree with Docpan.

What in the fuck, am I in some other dimension since this is possible!?

-PXG- said:
I prefer that my girl's vagina NOT to look like an Arby's sandwich, thank you.
:lol

NomarTyme said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol 24 hr fitness bathroom? I rather smell old man balls.

I take the bad with the good. There is some old hags who where very skimpy outfits sometimes.
Hahahaha. This thread is fucking gold.

NomarTyme

Replicant said:
I solve this problem by changing inside a toilet. Door closed. Although I don't think there are many old guys in my gym, except for this one guy who seems to spend at least 5-6 hours at the gym everyday. He's hardcore.

salva said:
In my college gym there is only one ugly girl. Here in the town gym there are no girls (probably because it costs $1.75 a workout and that attracts the assholes =( ). I should get another gym.

I take the bad with the good. There is some old hags who where very skimpy outfits sometimes.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
ZephyrFate said:
Nudity is not the same as pooping. Societies regulated pooping to bathrooms, or ditches, or other specified areas. Many earlier societies thought nudity was not a bad thing at all, and wasn't 'regulated'. Therefore this argument falls flat and Gaborn is still right.

What? What the hell does it matter what earlier societies have done, or what is or is not 'natural'? If it is natural to grab random people and fuck them in the middle of the street, and it was a part of many societies hundreds of years ago, would that shit be cool right now?

Gaborn is completely right, but that doesn't change the way I feel o_O.

Replicant

NomarTyme said:

What gym opens 24 hours? My gym only opens from 6am to 9pm and it's rather clean. If one stall is dirty, I'll just pick another stall next door.

I'm just a bit embarrassed about being naked in front of strangers. It has nothing to do with other people being naked. Although I agree with the sentiment that I'd rather not see old men's sack.

Atrus

Gold Member
chubigans said:
Um, it's not a complaint over someone changing. It's complaining that they're naked while not changing.

Why would I care if they're naked? Because they're wrinkly, shrunken, old people? I'm not there to paint their picture, I'm there to change and move on, or rest a bit after showering prior to changing.

I also don't ogle them to find out that all they do is stay in the locker room, walking naked. My #1 fear is that someone will break into my locker and steal my stuff.

bhhawks78

Banned
Because i'm not homophobic/don't have a small package to be embarrassed about. Not walking around naked for the hell of it but my sweaty underwear after a workout is coming off and if i feel the need to read a text message naked or fiddle with bag because i need to i will.

NomarTyme

Replicant said:
What gym opens 24 hours? My gym only opens from 6am to 9pm and it's rather clean. If one stall is dirty, I'll just pick another stall next door.

I'm just a bit embarrassed about being naked in front of strangers. It has nothing to do with other people being naked. Although I agree with the sentiment that I'd rather not see old men's sack.
The gym is named 24 Hour Fitness Also for some reason the people that go to my gym have explosive diarrhea.

Replicant said:
Didn't know that was the name of a real gym. US-based, I assume?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom