• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why do people in their rap cars have to make so much noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ominym

Banned
I have subwoofers, and I blast my music while in my car. Does that make me a "rap car"?

I guess I'd only be a "rap car" some of the time, sometimes I'm an "electro-house car" and a "screamo car" and even at times, a "country car".

Big-E

In China people have these huge sound systems on their scooters so you hear them a mile away. People also walk around with music playing on their phones for all to hear. It is annoying.

Rap cars?

101_Pilot_6.jpeg

Grinchy

Banned
"LOOK AT ME. SHOWER ME WITH ATTENTION. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NEGATIVE ATTENTION I JUST WANT TO BE NOTICED"

Quick

Banned
Read the title as "Rape Car".

Anyway, on one occasion, I was out and a car went into a parking lot blasting Linkin Park. Not just any LP song, it was THIS song.

But you need a special sound system to produce trunk-rattling decibels like that. For example, if I turned the radio to 99jams and turned the volume way up (I listen to music really loud already), you wouldn't be able to hear all that bass outside of my vehicle if my windows are rolled up.

My car is stock (albiet, with a "music package" but no subs or anything) and you can pretty clearly hear it outside my car even at reasonable volumes. (toyota matrix here)

But yeah, when you want that bass- you need that extra power. It just sucks that there's no better way to get it than one that affects all those around you.

Ripclawe

Banned
It's the way rap cars are built. It's not the driver's fault. That's just the way rap cars work.

I only have a problem if its a rap car that is built for shit. Its one thing to be loud but loud and incoherent sound system means you are no better than the idiots who buy plastic spinners

rap cars?

This is amazing.

I must know. What is the definitive brand and model of rap car?

tricked out monte carlo.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I once heard a "rap car" that had been playing their music off a phone. It rang, and the entire neighborhood could hear that half of the conversation.

I am laughing while talking to my girlfriend about rap cars. This thread wins.

I want to put one of those Homiez figures into a Lego car and take a photo right now.

Persona7

Banned
I sometimes hear loud rap music in cars passing by but in my experience 90% of the fucking loud cars is shitty spanish music. My neighbor does this shit all the time during the day.

Fucking Accordions.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sound systems are awesome, but there's too much emphasis on bass-heavy music with car audio and not enough people care enough about sound dampening in their vehicles, which results in 'boooooooooooo..rattle rattle rattle rattle....oooooooommm' sort of crap. Also, you really dont need anything more than a 10" sub unless you're driving a big old van or a bus or something. A pair of 12" subs with a 500w amp feeding it with no amp and stock speakers for the doors makes no sense.

Mr.Swag

Banned
This thread reminds me of when I was a Dominos delivery guy.
My car was the ultimate rap car.
I had all the raps.
Wu tang
Tribe called quest
Chamillionaire
Ludacris
Black Star
Cypress Hill
Fiddy
Big Krit
Biggie
Pac
Basically a lot of raps. I would deliver In a very hood area and I would blast that shit. Loud ass rap car with a white hispanic going through random hoods blasting that shit. Nothing bad ever happened. Dudes would always stare at me. Sometimes they would complement me on my musical taste. I would say thanks. And then they wouldn't tip me :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom