• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why do people in their rap cars have to make so much noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft "rap cars" are so 2000 and 11

trinidadian-music-bike.jpeg

Fantomex

There's a sacred rule for driving the rap car, the last thing you will turn off is the stereo. And you never turn off the stereo during the chorus. Wait till the part where "dolla dolla bill yaaaaaaaallll" ends.

kamspy

Funny side note about owning subwoofers, if you pass a cop on the street they will turn around to follow you.

Yup. Had a cop do a U turn to pull me over. Ran my tags (which were....supposed to be on another car) and got me for fraud tags. So, why did you bust a U turn to pull me over if I didn't commit any other crimes officer?

Ominym

Banned
I'm sure you're having fun, but everyone you drive past thinks you're an idiot.

Then what's the problem? Why should I curb my enjoyment to that of other people on the street I will see briefly? I like listening to music loud, and I like feeling the music with my subwoofers.

Fusebox

Banned
Then what's the problem? Why should I curb my enjoyment to that of other people on the street I will see briefly? I like listening to music loud, and I like feeling the music with my subwoofers.

No problem, just saying.

A lot of people who deliberately wind down their windows so other people are forced to listen to their loud music think they're leaving a positive impression when in fact the opposite is true.

Ominym

Banned
No problem, just saying.

A lot of people who deliberately wind down their windows so other people are forced to listen to their loud music think they're leaving a positive impression when in fact the opposite is true.

Understandable. If I roll down my windows it's because I don't want to use the AC; not to make myself think that I'm like enlightening people through the sweet jams I play in my car. The latter half definitely being questionable as far as intelligence goes.

iavi

Understandable. If I roll down my windows it's because I want to not use the AC; not to make myself think that I'm like enlightening people through the sweet jams I play in my car. The latter half definitely being questionable as far as intelligence goes.

The fuck is this shit

akira28

I was at a stop light playing around with my Ipod, listening to some Beirut, then decided to play some MF Doom. So looking for the Doom list I run accross Self Scientific's King Kong, and since I hadn't heard that in a while, decided to play it. I had already turned my Ipod volume all the way up, because the Beirut tracks aren't the best quality. And I used the car stereo to modulate the volume to the car speakers for best sound quality.

So sitting there, with a 10 second silence delay on the King Kong song, I turn up my car speakers because I thinking maybe they were low or the song wasn't playing or something. Next thing I know, I'm violently rocking the block (the entire block) with the sounds of Self Scientific and Bun B of UGK. My already horribly blown speakers are crackling like shit, distortion and extremely loud bass blasting from all 4 of my open windows. And again I'm in rush hour traffic. So I'm startled and embarrassed, trying to fumble around to get the volume down and my stereo gets stuck down in one of the digital menus, and I drop the Ipod from my lap and into a crevice between my chair and the emergency brake mount. Meanwhile I glance around and the white guy next to me is giving me the death glare. The black girl on the other side of me is looking at me like 'you think you're such hot shit you ugly mf', cars from all over are actually craning their necks to see who the fuck has such a loud and shitty stereo system, and the nerve to crank it. People on the other side of the road join in, making faces, rolling up windows in 90+ degree weather. My stereo menu is stuck trying to decide if I want regular bass or powered bass so the volume knob isn't working. I'm already freaked out and can't think because I'm at the center of this chaos. And only then, after what felt like an eternity, do I remember I can hit the eject on the cassette tape converter to make it all stop.

Luckily at that point traffic started to move, so I drive around some non-moving cars(drivers were obviously stun-locked) and speed down a hill and past a yellow light to get away from there.

Later I'm cranking Doom at a moderately loud level and the girl in the car next to me is head bopping.

I didn't think anyone had the balls to publicly admit they're one of those people...

Why would I be ashamed? I like music. I like good weather. I'm riding around with some friends having a good time. If it's really hot we obv roll the windows up and turn up the A/C. I can't believe people get so annoyed by this :lol

Hoo-doo

Banned
The music is meant to play loud, simple as that.
If the bass isn't making your car mirror tremble, you are doing it wrong.

aznpxdd

I've always wondered what people who blasts their music with the windows down are thinking. Do they genuinely believe people want to hear their shitty ass music?

Flynn

At least loud music in a car moves around every so often. This is preferable to loud music in an apartment.

I've always wondered what people who blasts their music with the windows down are thinking. Do they genuinely believe people want to hear their shitty ass music?

Typically, I don't care because I only bump music that is good and people should be glad they can hear it over their own music in their car. Oh and I love the wind while driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom