• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do so many of you hate pineapple on pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pineapple is super sweet. Cooked pineapple is even sweeter. While I don't mind sweet and savory together, I feel like a fruit that sweet wouldn't really pair well with meat and dairy. I've never had Hawaiian pizza but I don't like pineapple on my hams so I'm assuming I wouldn't like it in pizza form.

That said, I've got no problem with anyone who enjoys Hawaiian pizza. I'll stick to my meat lovers.

DarkFlow

Banned
Strawberry would probably work with mascarpone, smoked ham & black pepper.

giphy.gif

BadAss2961

Pineapple is super sweet. Cooked pineapple is even sweeter. While I don't mind sweet and savory together, I feel like a fruit that sweet wouldn't really pair well with meat and dairy. I've never had Hawaiian pizza but I don't like pineapple on my hams so I'm assuming I wouldn't like it in pizza form.

That said, I've got no problem with anyone who enjoys Hawaiian pizza. I'll stick to my meat lovers.
Pretty much exactly what I came to say.

Last Saturday I got extremely drunk and in my booze-addled state made a pizza with BBQ chicken, bacon, bacon bits, crispy onions, maple syrup and chopped up bits of glazed donut. It tasted fucking incredible.

TL;DR. put whatever you want on a pizza, if you have time to spend hating stuff, hate something that matters

_woLf

Love it.

My girlfriend hates it.

It makes things difficult when half and halfs end up making things expensive.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Pineapple on a pizza... why don't you put some ketchup on the pizza while you're at it.

Seth C

Huge fan. Funny that people don't bat an eye at other salty or savory/sweet combinations but have such an aversion to this one.

Pineapple has far too high water content. Makes it hold heat long after everything else on the pizza has cooled down, and also adds a very odd texture. Reasons. Happy?

Pineapple on a pizza... why don't you put some ketchup on the pizza while you're at it.

You joke, but people really do put pineapples, Thousand Island dressing, pickles, BBQ sauce, on their pizza.

At this point, I try not to let it bother me. Such a monstrosity should probably not be called "pizza" anymore, but "pizza" is just a word. If someone wants to wash down a serving of fruit with a tall glass of Thousand Island dressing and call the concoction "pizza", I only ask for fair warning so I can avert my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom