• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why has political ideologues made a battlefield out of gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
This is like a new trend by these 'intelectuals' to judge videogames merely through a political view and claim they need to follow modern politics to a slavishly degree to be considered good products

Yes, as videogame storytelling evolved,more complex themes have been introduced some of them dealing with 'serious' topics like war, but videogames have been made with the intention of having a good time, and selling units , they are 100% products of capitalism they weren't created to incentive players to vote for a political party

What is the message of a Kirby game?Mario Bros is just about jumping on turtles ,Sonic had a few things i seen these weirdos latch on like dr .Robotnik but that is not really something the target audience will catch on or suppose to care about ,its irrelevant to their characters their business model centers on selling these games to kids

certain games like DmC rely on political themes and satire,its a critic of capitalism or something made by Capcom of all companies,it was so dumb even part of the audience disliked it

Anyways, its all part of their effort to politicize everything 😪

Agreed. There is a certain fun in taking a look at franchises and popular media through different lenses, such as a political one. This does not mean that the product itself is political or is even designed to be seen that way. It is no different than trying to bring scientific concepts into a story that is supposed to be fantastical and mystical, where science doesn't play a part.

And there is also an important distinction to be made that something being political inspired does not mean it is political in of itself. There is far too many folks conflating the two with being one and the same. Yes, a game like Crusader Kings was heavily inspired by politics of its time, but that doesn't mean the developers are making declarations on political structures or certain political viewpoints.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

marjo

My opinion is that if a creator wants to inject politics into their game, that's completely fine and totally up to them, even if their politics don't match mine. At worst, I simply won't play the game, but I won't bitch about it.

Conversely, if I get the sense that that corporations are simply pandering, I find that a pretty big turn off.

violence

I liked how BioShock had politics from Ayn Ran, but that is of course old and no one‘s gonna have emotions about it like they are current year politics. Having a certain bathroom logo in your game lawbreakers will get posted all over the news sites.

How much of all this is media driven?

Fatbody

Based Japan, amirite?
You do realize if a prominent western game director created a character like Quiet in present day, and it somehow managed to get through all the corporate filters, they would at the very least never be allowed to work in the business again and possibly even harassed into suicide by deranged leftists. I’m sorry but that’s no small thing in light of the recent surge of hyper masculine, butt ugly girl boss characters. And as far as reducing nuclear stockpiles goes, I wouldn’t exactly consider that some type of far left issue. The INF treaty, which was also referred to in Metal Gear, was signed by Reagan and near unanimous in the congress. Also this is from the perspective of a Japanese native who grew up in post war Japan. I’m sure it has a different meaning to him than some self hating white American leftist that wishes we could have dropped the bomb on the bad whites instead of the bad Asians.

And playing Japanese games isn’t really about thinking Japan is “Based” (although their takes on immigration/views on outsiders would definitely fit under that category) it’s about a cultural escapism from current day shit which is not merely a “surface level” thing as you suggest. These sick people are upending millennia of cultural and biological norms in the span of a decade or two. But a good amount(I never said all) of their games are a fresh return to what was normal a mere decade or so ago. There are no LGBT Mario characters forced upon children, you don’t play as Zelda in lieu of Link, Death Stranding features a new straight white male protag which is like a big foot sighting nowadays, they remade a classic where a blonde blue eyed straight male rescues a blonde blue eyed typical female, and Yakuza, according to the creator was a “story about men, written by men, primarily for an audience of men.” I could go on and on.

marjo

I liked how BioShock had politics from Ayn Ran, but that is of course old and no one‘s gonna have emotions about it like they are current year politics. Having a certain bathroom logo in your game lawbreakers will get posted all over the news sites.

How much of all this is media driven?
Bioshock was a critique of objectivism and a take down of Rand's phylosophies.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Politics is rewarding your friends and punishing your enemies. You will use any means possible to strengthen your position, and attack your enemies. Failure to do so will result in your enemies using those same means against you.

Fatbody

Not even former victims of genocide has a persecution complex this thick. Jesus Christ it just entertainment buddy.
Okay got it. Yeah I’m the unreasonable one. They enact all their social change over the past decade using the craziest and damaging rhetoric imaginable (rape culture, toxic masculinity, cis privilege, white supremacy) but my little rant here is a bridge too far. How convenient it all “doesn’t really matter bro” after they get their way.

Last edited:

Tedditalk

Okay got it. Yeah I’m the unreasonable one. They enact all their social change over the past decade using the craziest and damaging rhetoric imaginable (rape culture, toxic masculinity, cis privilege, white supremacy) but my little rant here is a bridge too far. How convenient it all “doesn’t really matter bro” after they get their way.

By "they", you mean individuals in society? I voted for alot of that to take place, because for how idiotic those discussions became, the topics themselves needed to be broached. So if you ever want to attach a face to the blank "they", attach mine. But be mindful, I can argue back against the nonsense you spew. On a lighter note.

This one of my favorite shows because it an allegory to escapism and scapegoating, one the world is collectively doing through the internet right now, as we attempt to escape and minimalize our personal failings. DM if you want to discuss things further.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Not even former victims of genocide has a persecution complex this thick. Jesus Christ it just entertainment buddy.

Being dismissive of the entire argument is bad optics for people reading, I'd say. If someone cares more about an issue than you do, they're obviously going to be more passionate about it. Furthermore, these things matter *in the context of the discussion* I don't care how sturdy or informed any previous thing you opine about is, as soon as you try to counter an argument with "it's not a big deal, shit, over invested weirdo over here!" you lose all credibility in a match of wits.

Yes, captain, my captain. Tell me how silly it is for a group of nerds in a gaming enthusiast forum to be invested or passionate about the people and ideas that get Trojan horsed into the hobby.

Shit, my man. It wasn't so long ago you needed a paid email to even get a GAF account. I don't care enough to check when you registered, but if it predates a certain time period, then you should definitely feel like you're spitting in the wind criticizing people who take the hobby seriously.

If you want "you get one wish granted, but it's horribly fucked up," or "what does Cortana's vaggoo smell like," quality threads, I know a couple of sites, but sheesh my dude. It's like having an earnest debate with intellectual folk and then having a bored 14 year old burst in the room and call everyone gay.

Last edited:

Tedditalk

Being dismissive of the entire argument is bad optics for people reading, I'd say. If someone cares more about an issue than you do, they're obviously going to be more passionate about it. Furthermore, these things matter *in the context of the discussion* I don't care how sturdy or informed any previous thing you opine about is, as soon as you try to counter an argument with "it's not a big deal, shit, over invested weirdo over here!" you lose all credibility in a match of wits.

There is no wit to be had in an argument purely about preferences in the perceived political leanings of media. The self inflated worth is obnoxious, and had he taken it the progressive route, you probably would be agreeing with me.

Yes, captain, my captain. Tell me how silly it is for a group of nerds in a gaming enthusiast forum to be invested or passionate about the people and ideas that get Trojan horsed into the hobby.

The demographics shifted. The population taste changed. Different products are being made for different people as the market expanded. The old market is a minority now, and now they telling me they are oppressed. Ironic, but unimportant. If people spend money on the hobby, they are part of it. The real question is, why aren't there more conservative creatives? That really the heart of the matter. I would pay money to see more of that in the medium, purely out of interest to see what work they would produce.

Shit, my man. It wasn't so long ago you needed a paid email to even get a GAF account. I don't care enough to check when you registered, but if it predates a certain time period, then you should definitely feel like you're spitting in the wind criticizing people who take the hobby seriously.

All I seen the older generation do is fuck up. They fucked up America, they fucked up their marriages, they fucked up their wealth, they fucked up society and they fucked up the earth. Very few of any of you done anything that deserve more than mockery. To be fair, that most of humanity though.

Last edited:
Exactly.

OP must be living in a bubble or something.

Political Ideologies are in every form of entertainment medium.

And that's supposed to excuse it?

All forms of Western-made entertainment media are being run into the ground by a wave of ideological radicals who have infiltrated these industries not for the purpose of exploring artistic creative endeavors, but rather to use these mediums as platforms for them to bludgeon audiences to death with their ideological propaganda.

They're like religious evangelists, but far far worse, and pushing oft nonsensical radical pseudo-marxist dogma.

i don't care what a game's flavor-of-the-week political virtue signals are, as long as they don't intentionally turn the female characters into disgusting goblins

make waifus great again

Listen to this man.

We just want our sexy waifus....

HoodWinked

a very vocal minority of white female "gamers" won.

23925188112_c4c2ccda7c_z.jpg

Success

All forms of Western-made entertainment media are being run into the ground by a wave of ideological radicals who have infiltrated these industries not for the purpose of exploring artistic creative endeavors, but rather to use these mediums as platforms for them to bludgeon audiences to death with their ideological propaganda.

They're like religious evangelists, but far far worse, and pushing oft nonsensical radical pseudo-marxist dogma.

Listen to this man.

What an absolute novice take.

We ALWAYS had politics in games.

Mortal Kombat and the creation of the ESRB.

Jack Thompson and GTA.

IAmRei

Umm, because game developer wont satisfy all of us? I mean, even you love the game to death, lotta people also love it, some people will still bash it.

There are lot of differences, and that differences can be converted to money...

By lit the sparks into battlefield, and somebody love the idea to lit the sparks for their sites, their media, you know, more controversial it sounds, more money to come, because it attracts page views or maybe direct people falls into some agenda.

Unfortunately these also might affect the sales of said games.

I was the person who had differ taste with lot of people, and thus made me ultimately in unfrotunately state... I like some of underrated games and hate popular overrated games.

People had opinion, sometimes we need to accept that people wont be the same boat with us

The real question is, why aren't there more conservative creatives? That really the heart of the matter. I would pay money to see more of that in the medium, purely out of interest to see what work they would produce.
This question is why its why its a larger discussion than just gaming. Its not just reflecting the patterns of naturally changing society and demographics. If you believe that, im sure you are a sucker for many other things in your life. Recognize a dedicated campaign of idealogy when its been smacking you in the face for years.

Hayabusa83

Banned

Jack Thompson and GTA.

How would you evaluate Mortal Kombat as "political"? Certainly its existence and popularity proved political to conservative commentators but as a kid that loved video games all I wanted was a game that reminded me of Bloodsport on crack cocaine.

I think Mortal Kombat is a perfect example of an apolitical game. Inspired by an 80s and 90s resurgence in martial arts films and the evolution of the one on one fighting game genre.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
There is no wit to be had in an argument purely about preferences in the perceived political leanings of media. The self inflated worth is obnoxious, and had he taken it the progressive route, you probably would be agreeing with me.

The demographics shifted. The population taste changed. Different products are being made for different people as the market expanded. The old market is a minority now, and now they telling me they are oppressed. Ironic, but unimportant. If people spend money on the hobby, they are part of it. The real question is, why aren't there more conservative creatives? That really the heart of the matter. I would pay money to see more of that in the medium, purely out of interest to see what work they would produce.

All I seen the older generation do is fuck up. They fucked up America, they fucked up their marriages, they fucked up their wealth, they fucked up society and they fucked up the earth. Very few of any of you done anything that deserve more than mockery. To be fair, that most of humanity though.

I strongly disagree with the first point. Just on a fundamental level.

Also, you're getting it twisted, like most do. In my case, at any rate, it's not about "conservative," creatives and wanting right leaning games or media. The issue is the fact that people are being vilified for saying that they just don't want to be preached to by media they're paying good money to consume. The lack of a political agenda is what we want. We want gaming to be back to console wars, fanboys, and number crunching, not bullshit about crypto nazis and pronouns. The thing is, in today's climate, wanting a vacuum free of political prattling is *considered* right leaning. Anything beyond turning my son into a girl and attending pride rallies in the nude with my buttcheeks painted rainbow stripes is tantamount to carpet bombing a city block.

As for the third point, I don't really know what that has to do with anything related to this topic. I'm glad you're disappointed? I'm named TheInfamousKira and you still do a better Death Note act than me.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Art is overvalued. We once saw art just as entertainment, now it's "food for the soul" and other bullshit. Journalist and even artists themselves take themselves too seriously. They can't just be dumb fun because "they have responsability" over what other see on these products.

Gamers where so obsessed on being taken seriously that now gaming became too serious.

Success

How would you evaluate Mortal Kombat as "political"? Certainly its existence and popularity proved political to conservative commentators but as a kid that loved video games all I wanted was a game that reminded me of Bloodsport on crack cocaine.

I think Mortal Kombat is a perfect example of an apolitical game. Inspired by an 80s and 90s resurgence in martial arts films and the evolution of the one on one fighting game genre.

Ed Boon himself said that he wanted to make the most gritty and violent game possible during a period where such violence in a "kids" games console was unheard of.

Just because you agree with the political sentiment does not mean it was not a political game.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Art is overvalued. We once saw art just as entertainment, now it's "food for the soul" and other bullshit. Journalist and even artists themselves take themselves too seriously. They can't just be dumb fun because "they have responsability" over what other see on these products.

Gamers where so obsessed on being taken seriously that now gaming became too serious.

See, I feel like gaming will eventually get to the point where it's smooth and wide spread and compelling enough to warrant some titles as art.

The problem is idiots acting like we've reached that point. Most games are art in the way a notebook doodle of Spider-man is, but these guys are essentially slapping macaroni on a sheet of paper and declaring it the magnum opus of the medium.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I like that for some people threshold between apolitical game and political one is "I don't like that view". I think you will just have to deal with it, if you are not going to just want play kiddy Nintendo games.

Not saying that in this industry they aren't completely braindead people, they are, but on same note, the gamers™ are brainless as well.

4nitufk2qi251.png

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned

Listen to this man.

I have to disagree. It's "propaganda" to allow players to play as a character representing their identity? Not everyone is a bodybuilder or supermodel, and that's OK!

Fatbody

By "they", you mean individuals in society? I voted for alot of that to take place, because for how idiotic those discussions became, the topics themselves needed to be broached. So if you ever want to attach a face to the blank "they", attach mine. But be mindful, I can argue back against the nonsense you spew.

Are you really asking in good faith about what I mean about “they.” It’s game developers, journalists, and activists that have a lot of influence over the industry. Most likely were brought up from the more recent, far left academic circles. Also doesn’t help that American game development is primarily based out of California and San Fran in particular. They always talk about diversity, but it would be nice if we had some more regional diversity in game development.

And I don’t buy the ESG theory as this seems way deeper than that. I think a lot of them are true believers. The ones the aren’t, if they even exist, bend the knee out fear of getting fired and/or the company getting sued. If a purpled hair wants the zombie game to star a bunch of lesbians, and someone says no, she could someday site that in a wrongful termination/discrimination lawsuit if she ever gets laid off down the line. This isn’t conspiracy theory, this is becoming incredibly common in corporate America, especially post MeeToo and BLM.

The vast majority of us (the gamers if you don’t know what us means) were never asked and certainly didn’t vote for this. There was no meaningful demand for this outside of a tiny minority and the aforementioned industry folks. Now I’ll admit, a lot of gamers who hate the political messaging will hold their nose and play anyway despite the propaganda. Maybe they’re young and new to gaming, or maybe they don’t care much about story or characters and just want numbers to go up or whatever. But as I get older I just don’t have the tolerance for this crap anymore. Thankfully I have other things to turn to in life, but that doesn’t mean I can’t express my distain from time to time, and on a video game enthusiast forum, no less!

See, I feel like gaming will eventually get to the point where it's smooth and wide spread and compelling enough to warrant some titles as art.

The problem is idiots acting like we've reached that point. Most games are art in the way a notebook doodle of Spider-man is, but these guys are essentially slapping macaroni on a sheet of paper and declaring it the magnum opus of the medium.
Interesting take. I say that games as art has ebbed and flowed throughout its timeline, and certain pieces may qualify more as a creative endeavor versus others as
pure entertainment. Differing threads of development taking place all within the category of gaming. And it will continue that way, high budget and low, differing visions and ambitions. I enjoy them both alike, Absu or SOMA and Battlefield and WRC racing.

I have to disagree. It's "propaganda" to allow players to play as a character representing their identity? Not everyone is a bodybuilder or supermodel, and that's OK!
Its more about reinforcing the concept of gender fluidity and that all those dysphoric and impressionable types will be encouraged to keep questioning reality, which is cruel. Sure its all make believe in the video game, but isnt that a convenient excuse when it seems to be a growing trend, and highly controversial. They sneak it in little by little, and whats normally a silly character creator at the start of the game is now some inserted feature that has never been a societal norm. And just playing through the average modern story is littered with pieces of it. People love to dismiss it because its not very obvious to them (average consumer) but its very obvious for those paying attention.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I don't get it. It's art, it's subjective and its not passive. It is made by people for people of many different thoughts, beliefs and ideas globally for consumption. But it's starting to get to me that people complain about everything. And now I'm complaining about the complaints.

Why is it that the main narrative of "what is gaming" has to be pushed from the cultural biases of people in North America? Both sides have extremities of polarized political agendas? Why can't we enjoy gaming without this drivel of divisive politics trickling into the rest of the world? I feel like I am in the plot of Injustice, only both sides are the regime that need to police my thoughts or enjoyment.

Why can't I play Harry Potter with excitement or Starfield without someone popping a vein? I could care less what people do with a platform of entertainment in their privacy. Give people options. Let your community make of your game without the ire of external agenda setting pressures. Devs should be able to make the games they want to not compromise on the vision. Its freedom of expression for the subject at hand. You don't have to like it. Don't buy it or support it but don't rob people of their enjoyment.

We've let ridiculously sensitive people hijack the industry who have no lives outside of the need to feel important by thinking they're making some sort of change in a medium thats supposed to promote all forms of creative expression, only to create an even more toxic environment.

There is so much more, from the rampant fanboyism, shady journalistic practices, corporate greed etc but those are topics for another day.

Tl;dr people suck for making gaming an agenda setting political battlefield.

At the end of the day, there is so much discourse for this topic, but, I feel the longer we move through it, the more likely it is to become political, and, well.. you know what it is.
If it means anything to you, I agree with most of what you posted and I feel the people who complain the most, spend the least and know the least when it comes to this industry.

Fatbody

Perceived political leanings of media? Are the political leanings of western media still in dispute? Hello? Now I know you’re being deliberately dishonest.
The only significant demographic shift the nation had faced in the past decade or two is more Hispanics. And I can assure you won’t find many in support of the LGBT propaganda or preaching about toxic masculinity. And funny enough we haven’t seen a proportional increase in Hispanic representation in games over the years. Only seems to be LGBT and black woman. That new market majority you speak of.
Very few of any of you done anything that deserve more than mockery. To be fair, that most of humanity thought.
Wow, aren’t you a slice of heaven. Why are you even here then?

This is a BS strawman and not at all what I'm talking about.

The propaganda consists more of:

• the complete eradication of any semblance of attractive male or female characters to be more inclusive (because excluding pretty people is somehow more inclusive),
  • the absurd and relentless dogpiling of anything even resembling female sexualization (because all female sexualization is bad, even though the proponents of this doctrine identify as sex-positive feminists),
  • the proliferation of "strong female leads" who are virtually unanimously poorly written, poorly developed cardboard cutouts, with not even a semblance of character development or a character arc,
  • the tokenization of minority characters in the name of "diversity & inclusion" (which totally ignores the fact that games have included diverse casts forever, but legacy characters---unlike the garbage peddled in today's games---were actually properly developed characters with relatable, flawed, humanized struggles),
  • the labeling of everything that doesn't align with the religion's dogma as "problematic" and in need of boycotting, e.g. see Hogwart's Legacy (i.e. the inability to separate the artist from the art),
  • the absurd fragility of creators leading to an inability to respect even legacy games as products of their time, e.g. the "updating of the content of legacy games to fit modern sensibilities" which really just means bastardizing the titles to inject in modern radical leftist propaganda,
  • the use of game characters and story to literally preach at gamers, beating them over the head with the creator's perceived morally superior views, instead of leveraging a clever use of metaphor and subliminal themes to convey an underlying message,
  • the absurd lambasting of game creators for not including an adequate (the definition of which is always arbitrary) amount of diversity in their games, e.g. TW3, CyberPunk, FFXVI etc etc.
I could go on and on and on and on.

Last edited:

X-Wing

1. The "Keep politics out of my games" crowd is really the "Keep anything that challenges my absurd world view out of my sight because I can't cope with it" crowd.
  2. The more inclusive games become the better, gaming is an excellent hobby it should be accessible to everyone and everyone should feel represented and welcome.
  3. The weight that North America has in all of this is probably related to the failure of its education system, when you are in 2023 still discussing whether evolution should be thought...

1. The "Keep politics out of my games" crowd is really the "Keep anything that challenges my absurd world view out of my sight because I can't cope with it" crowd.
  2. The more inclusive games become the better, gaming is an excellent hobby it should be accessible to everyone and everyone should feel represented and welcome.
  3. The weight that North America has in all of this is probably related to the failure of its education system, when you are in 2023 still discussing whether evolution should be thought...
Nice use of happy buzzwords to not even say anything. You didnt address that how there is an idealogical invasion going on which is ruining the culture. No problem there, right? Typical rhetoric to play innocent and dodge all accountability.

Hey your house is a great place, invite everyone in and do as they please! Dont advocate for people to create their own environments where they can thrive and be content, you must let them in or else you have an absurd worldview! What kind of host are you! It belongs to everyone

Red5

Nice use of happy buzzwords to not even say anything. You didnt address that how there is an idealogical invasion going on which is ruining the culture. No problem there, right? Typical rhetoric to play innocent and dodge all accountability.

Hey your house is a great place, invite everyone in and do as they please! Dont advocate for people to create their own environments where they can thrive and be content, you must let them in or else you have an absurd worldview! What kind of host are you! It belongs to everyone

Uhm everyone is free to learn and develop games, movies and books as they please? No one is invading anyone's home.

Success

Politics =/= Political propaganda.

The fact that you can't even tell the difference is really the reason these activist bad actors have been able to have their way. You're part of the problem. Wake up.

You are only calling it "Political propaganda" because you don't agree with the views.

If it is politics that you do agree with you would not call it "Political propaganda".

You are part of the problem.

Wake up.

DareDaniel

Banned

1. There's a difference between a political story and a story with very questionable woke ideologies injected into it.
2. If you need to see yourself in a game you are missing the point of games and shouldn't be playing them at all.
3. Lol, "evolution":

DareDaniel

Banned
You are only calling it "Political propaganda" because you don't agree with the views.

If it is politics that you do agree with you would not call it "Political propaganda".

You are part of the problem.

Wake up.
So you're saying that "The Eternal Jew" isn't political propaganda as such thing doesn't exist?

Last edited:

Success

So you're saying that "The Eternal Jew" isn't political propaganda?

The thread is about, "Why is there politics in my games now all of a sudden?".

My point is, "There has always been politics in games. It is just now that you disagree with the politics".

You turn Mr. Dare 'Strawman' Daniel.

Jack Thompson and GTA.

This nonsense that "gaming has always been political" needs to stop. Now. Its getting tiresome.

Some video games may have contained minor elements or sub-themes of politics, but they were never fully political until the recent decade. Originally, these themes were merely used to serve as a vessel or mediator to string together an interesting and engrossing story plot. Not to spread mindless nauseating propaganda, agenda or indoctrination. Like, geopolitical themes used to conjure suspense and intrigue and weren't meant to back some slacktivist statement.

The instance of Mortal kombat was more birthed in counter culture if anything. Jack Thompson was a lunatic who rightfully got ridiculed years ago. Now we're dealing with a horde of "Thompson copies" that are equally ridiculous as he was back then. Not to mention, this notion that "everything is political" has granted c-suite executives substantially more influence over the creative development in video games by employing people who support this perception.

Its bothersome how twisted this perception has become and how this deranged notion is being propped as an excuse to continuously inject and validate political bullshit in places where it clearly doesn't belong. We should be discouraging this instead of actively encouraging it.

/rant

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Grifters grifting for traffic.

A certain streamer just went off on Starfield for having a pronoun option. Let's ignore the fact that 6 months ago he made a male character in Hogwarts Legacy and didn't scream at a webcam about the female voice option. Let's ignore the fact that the Baldur's Gate 3 video where he had no issue with the pronoun option was private yesterday and has been completely deleted overnight. Guy just needed a few new subscribe button clicks, and boy has he got them from people who think he's some sort of counter culture warrior.

If you support this kind of idiotic reactionary content you're part of the wider problem. Stop feeding algorithms.

DareDaniel

Banned
The thread is about, "Why is there politics in my games now all of a sudden?".

My point is, "There has always been politics in games. It is just now that you disagree with the politics".

You turn Mr. Dare 'Strawman' Daniel.
Politics =/= political propaganda is a concept that transcends to other mediums and I just gave you one of the most notable examples of it.

DareDaniel

Banned
Grifters grifting for traffic.

A certain streamer just went off on Starfield for having a pronoun option. Let's ignore the fact that 6 months ago he made a male character in Hogwarts Legacy and didn't scream at a webcam about the female voice option. Let's ignore the fact that the Baldur's Gate 3 video where he had no issue with the pronoun option was private yesterday and has been completely deleted overnight. Guy just needed a few new subscribe button clicks, and boy has he got them from people who think he's some sort of counter culture warrior.

If you support this kind of idiotic reactionary content you're part of the wider problem. Stop feeding algorithms.
There's an audience for everyone. Some people also chose to not play Hogwarts Legacy so they wouldn't lose subscribers.
Also, everything you said about that streamer is very specific, I think you are feeding algorithms of counter- counter culture warriors who made their videos exposing that person.
Either that or you're just obsessed with that streamer and you never miss a video lol.

Tedditalk

This question is why its why its a larger discussion than just gaming. Its not just reflecting the patterns of naturally changing society and demographics. If you believe that, im sure you are a sucker for many other things in your life. Recognize a dedicated campaign of idealogy when its been smacking you in the face for years.

I heard this from many different people who seems so enlightened but fail to provide meaningful evidence of this. If the ideology is acceptance of others, hell, I will help spread it. The inverse has prove on multiple occasions to want what I love destroyed and kicked out the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom