• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why no Wii U love for Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

Black Friday sales are designed to push popular products, getting bodies in the door, so people buy other stuff in the rush of beautiful capitalism. It's not the right time to try and clear stock of slower-selling items. Thus, no WiiU deals, no Vita deals, no Amazon Fire Phone deals...

cris7198

Ebay has two black friday bundles

Wii U 32GB Black Deluxe Set w/ Super Mario 3D World & Nintendo Land - $259.99
Wii U 8GB Skylander Console w/ Super Smash Bros Wii U - $249.99

Damn! If a (good) ps vita deal doesn't show up first, I think I'm getting that Smash bundle :D

I decided to make my own Black Friday bundle by buying the Nintendo Land+3D World bundle at Target and use the $25 gift card to buy Bayonetta 2 (which included Bayo 1). Luckily, I managed to snag a Smash bundle on the way as well.

A bit more expensive than ordering the deluxe bundle refurbished deal, ebay deal, or frys deal...
but at least I get to play it RIGHT NOW DURING THE ENTIRE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY.

Petrae

You've read that people want things cheaper, so they should be cheaper?

People's expectations of price and sense of entitlement is odd to me at times.

Oh, I'm not entitled to anything. If Nintendo wants to continue what I perceive to be overcharging for the console, I just won't buy it.

When the Xbox One is cheaper (after gift card) than the WiiU, despite the WiiU's obvious deficiencies in tech and third-party support, that signals overcharging to me. But that's Nintendo's call. If the company can hook others on the higher price tag, good for them.

Top Bottom