• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U: Full eShop Trial Nov1-Jan31 (perm. activation with $20 Fit Meter purchase)

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I believe when you link up your Fit Meter to your GamePad/Wii U, the free trial will automatically activate into the full version of the game. There shouldn't be any codes involved.

CDX

What does that 19.99 bundle include? I see the Fit Meter in the box but what about the game? Does it come with a code?

Pretty sure the $19.99 "bundle" is just the Fit Meter, and only the Fit Meter.

1. You download the 30 day free trial of "Wii Fit U" off the eshop.

2. Sync the $19.99 Fit Meter via the IR port on the Wii U GamePad
dFG3osY.png

3. Boom. It magically turns the 30 day free trial you downloaded into the full version that never expires.

Nintendo's taking the 30 free trial off the eshop January 31st.

fernoca

If I can find a mint condition Wii Fit Balance Board, I'll just get the free trial and the Black Fit Meter (most of the balance boards I've seen are either too dirty or look nice outside, but broken inside). Otherwise, I'll get the bundle in December...and an additional black meter anyway, since I want a black one. :(

Are the fit meters actually going to be in stores do you know? I'd like to pick it up Friday but I have feeling I should have ordered online some where.

VARIA

Is it too late if I get this tomorrow Jan.31st 2014?

Just saw my local best buy has the Wii Fit Meter in stock. Might as well use the Wii U for something.

Does it expire 1-31-14 or is that the last day to qualify?

robotrock

Banned
Apologies on the bump, but does anyone know if this promotion still works? I still have the trial downloaded, but my my 31 days ended a long time ago.

Apologies on the bump, but does anyone know if this promotion still works? I still have the trial downloaded, but my my 31 days ended a long time ago.

As long as you downloaded the trial within the original promo period, you should still be able to unlock the full version free by syncing a pedometer. I did the same on April 3, 2015.

jeffers

Keeping in mind that it will still be labeled as trial. So if it's about your OCD, you'll be better by just buying the full game. :p

yuck. my thinking is if I register it, I can just get rid of the trial without risk of losing the offer (since I've taken it up).

edit: oh seems (random google) even after activiated it just means can use trial indefinitely, if you remove it then you cant redownload. sucky. well bye-bye app!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
This meter tracks a lot of data for a 20 dollar device. Better than the fitbit charge for example

Even after activation the icon will say Wii U Fit (Free).

Top Bottom