• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

Robin64

MAEd2Bi.png

Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: November 1st (Free Digital Version), December 13th (Retail Version, Europe), January 10th (Retail Version, America) February 1st 2014 (Full Price Digital Version)
Formats: Wii U (eShop Download - 3.0GB + Retail)
Price: Initially free to download.

Get active - and stay active - with fitness that’s fun. The new Wii Fit U software takes favorite activities from the Wii Fit series and adds all-new elements, including Dance workouts and 19 brand-new activities. Plus, you’ll be able to track your everyday activity with the new Fit Meter accessory. Wear it on-the-go and sync your data to see how much progress you’ve made.

Stay active with 77 different activities, including 19 that are all-new, many using the Wii U GamePad controller.

Ways to Play

- If you own a Balance Board, download the game between Nov 1st 2013 and Jan 31st 2014 and then unlock it forever with the purchase of a Fit Meter.

- On December 13th, two packs will be sold at retail. One is the game with Fit Meter, the other is the game with a Fit Meter and a Balance Board.

- On Feb 1st 2014, the full priced digital version will be live. You will still need to purchase a seperate Balance Board and Fit Meter.

S1CdYpi.png

oBk2joF.png

aLErknj.png

DPNURB4.jpg

img4.jpg

hjEMxVj.jpg

AOvBHPT.png

Wii Fit U Direct

Wii Fit U allows users to create Communities, similar to those seen in Mario Kart 7. As soon as the game is live, a NeoGAF Community will be created and anyone who feels like joining is welcome to. Let's get fit together! Click the Miiverse logo above to go to our super secret Wii Fit U community. Note that you'll have to join ingame first using the top secret code to see any posts.

Communities are live! Quote this post to see the secret codes either below or at the very top of this post. Note that there are seperate ones for America and Europe, because Nintendo smell.

* Will add more info when the game hits/the official site goes live and reviews when and if websites post them.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So let's say I'm brand new. I own NOTHING and need to buy the bundle with the game, the board, and the meter.

How much we talking about here?

javac

The game+Fitmeter-bundle makes no sense at all!
got two FitMeters preordered.

Let's Fit,Baby!

It does. The game is only free with the meter until the end of January. Then you can get the game by itself, a meter by itself if you already own the game or got it digital, or get both together.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

Yeah what's the point of selling the game + Wii Fit Meter if buying the Wii Fit Meter on its own unlocks the trial version as a full game?

Considering the £30 difference between the two (based on Amazon), that's going to be some mad bank Nintendo must be making with that bundle... Or some crazy losses made on just getting the Fit Meter on its own.

I'm confused! Somebody explain this to me.

EDIT: Nevermind, javac explained it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I hope the next big miiverse update will be ready for launch. Private communities holds so much potential for all games.

AniHawk

getting the wii fit u meter dealy to make the download permanent. used the drive crab moneys i had to pay off sonic and this thing. looking forward to it! wii fit plus had a lot of good stuff.

iphys

Let's Fit,Baby!

I think it's for the benefit of people too lazy to figure out how to hook up their Wii U to the Internet for the free download. The free download is limited-time only though, so ultimately the game/meter combo will be good for anyone with a balance board that is living under a rock for the next few months or doesn't buy a Wii U in time to get the free download.

Tokieda

3??? The way Reggie said it, i was expecting 10gb+... even rushed and old 100gb hdd because of it...

well... im all for the nintendo small game size approach

I think it's because it won't fit (no pun intended) on a basic hard drive. Isn't the OS like 5+GBs?

Birathen

Almost as hyped for this as for Ps4 and SM3DW put together. Need to finish my "Beach2014 - No more neighbours calling greenpeace" program.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
On a more serious note, I hope the game doesn't keep trying to make you feel bad when general weight fluctuations mean you add an extra pound or two between days despite genuinely not eating too much and exercising properly. I fucking feel insulted every time the game suggests I'm lying about my food/drink intake when it detects even the tiniest bit of weight gain, especially when I go on to have a definite loss of weight over the week overall.

Aren't daily weigh-ins not recommended anyway precisely because of this? They should do away with that and just make you weigh in at the end of a week.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How essential is the balance board?

Robin64

Bought a black balance board + Wii Fit plus (without the game it wasn't the official board) 2 weeks ago, I'm ready!

Ooh yeah, very important, make sure you get the official Balance Board like Kouriozan here. It's one of Nintendo's highest quality peripherals ever.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe you could add the peripherals that can be transfered from the old version (like the board), and the different options for jumping in: (free digital + wii fit meter), (paid digital), various physical SKUs etc to OP ?

There's a lot of good info in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680501

Ask Zeeroid if you can borrow some?

Javier

You know, I never paid much attention to this series before, but in light of this deal I bought a second hand Balance Board with Wii Fit Plus, and I was truly surprised at how well designed it is. Even if you completely ignore the whole "Build a schedule to lose weight" aspect of the game, it's still a great collection of fun mini games.

I never thought I'd be hyped for this game. But I am. Damn it, Ninty.

cacildo

I have another wiiFit U question!

Wii Fit U will be available, the free trial version, on November 1

I can play the free trial version, for free, for one month.

If i buy the WiiFit meter, and sync it with the console, the game turns into a full version, mine forever

This offer is good to january 31, 2014.

- My question is: say i download the free trial version, play it for free for a full month and it ends on December 1. But i go out and buy a Wii Fit Meter on december 20. Can i sync it to the system and get the full game for free anyway?

Robin64

- My question is: say i download the free trial version, play it for free for a full month and it ends on December 1. But i go out and buy a Wii Fit Meter on december 20. Can i sync it to the system and get the full game for free anyway?

Yep!

Sendou

In fact it sounds like you can even wait until after January 31st to reactive your copy which is pretty cool.

cacildo

Yep. See point 4.

Alright! Thank you!

Sorry for the double questioning, but i live in brasil, and since it was debated to death recently, we have a hard time buying/importing videogames over here. I have ONE chance to get the wii fit meter, and i cant lose it.

Javier

I wonder how Nintendo is going to track digital sales of this game. Maybe amount of "activated" download copies?

NeoRausch

It does. The game is only free with the meter until the end of January. Then you can get the game by itself, a meter by itself if you already own the game or got it digital, or get both together.

sure, but the free version is available till the end of January and the bundle will be in store on 13th December.

I guess uninformed people will pay more for this period.

oti

Banned
So I bought a used non Nintendo board right after they announced the game and tried it for the first time today. I don't own Wii Fit/Plus, but the board has a small screen that shows your weight when you step on it. Problem is, it tells me I'm about 15 kg lighter than I really am. (Yeah, Wii Fit U is that good!)

I'm still going to try it out with Wii Fit U, I really don't want to buy another board. Is there maybe anything that I can do to fix this inaccuracy? It's this board by the way, it got many great reviews by special interest sites/magazines.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Wii-Premium-Fitness-Board/dp/B002R9J5TO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382967401&sr=8-3&keywords=wii+balance+board

Eric C

Let's Fit,Baby!

The free trial deal is only until January 31st

Even before that ends

People with Basic 8GB Wii U's or people without enough free space left, and don't want to buy an external harddrive, would probably want a retail disc.

So let's say I'm brand new. I own NOTHING and need to buy the bundle with the game, the board, and the meter.

How much we talking about here?

Or you can go cheep, by getting a balance board from gamestop on black friday for $15, then the Fit Meter for $20 and the download for free..

NeoRausch

So I bought a used non Nintendo board right after they announced the game and tried it for the first time today. I don't own Wii Fit/Plus, but the board has a small screen that shows your weight when you step on it. Problem is, it tells me I'm about 15 kg lighter than I really am. (Yeah, Wii Fit U is that good!)

I'm still going to try it out with Wii Fit U, I really don't want to buy another board. Is there maybe anything that I can do to fix this inaccuracy? It's this board by the way, it got many great reviews by special interest sites/magazines.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Wii-Premium-Fitness-Board/dp/B002R9J5TO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382967401&sr=8-3&keywords=wii+balance+board

have you placed it on a carpet or other soft surface? that will give you wrong numbers.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Huh, if the game is only 3.0 GB then I might as cancel my pre-order with Amazon and buy a cheap Wii Fit board with a FitMeters and save myself money.

The way Iwata said about the file size I assumed it would be around 10GB.

oti

Banned
have you placed it on a carpet or other soft surface? that will give you wrong numbers.

No. It was placed on a carpet for a pretty long time when i didn't use it though. Checked the surface with my real scale, it was fine.

Top Bottom