• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

bdouble

Sadist said:
The game takes a departure of the Spore PC gameplay.
Oh shit.

I'm pretty sure they said this is what it was going to do. The Iphone game focuses on the cell stage and the DS game is focused on the Creature stage.

I'd take a guess that the Wii game is Tribal and might be a squad based sort of action game. You and a few of your creatures (that you created) running around. Maybe add in a few rts elements with buildings and whatnot. Even vehicles.
wsippel said:
Yeah... I don't know. But I tend to trust GamePro, and we're talking about EA here after all - aren't they working on a MySims kart racer or something? Doesn't make much sense either.

Of course its coming. Since 2006 Will said this

Would that be current- and next-gen systems?

Will Wright: It's too early to say right now, no development has started for any of these platforms. But we really are interested in bringing the game to as many platforms as possible.

bdouble said:
I'm pretty sure they said this is what it was going to do. The Iphone game focuses on the cell stage and the DS game is focused on the Creature stage.

I'd take a guess that the Wii game is Tribal and might be a squad based sort of action game. You and a few of your creatures (that you created) running around. Maybe add in a few rts elements with buildings and whatnot. Even vehicles.
I like this idea. You are a good person.

Have a donut.

Vinci

Danish
bdouble said:

Mr. Wright, steal this idea please.

Christine

wsippel said:
Sure, it might make sense to do a kart racer, but using the Sims/ MySims IP for a racing game? I don't know...

This sounds ridiculous enough to justify it's own thread, but there's not enough info yet I guess.

It makes sense to me. A MySims kart racer can easily inherit the character customization and object building components they've already built for the franchise. If they put a decent kart racing engine underneath it, it should do quite well.

BDGAME

THE LAST UPDATES

13/01 - Deadly Creatures new Video, Little King Story Video and Screen, We Ski 2 new screen.
14/01 - New Monster Hunter G screen; new Wiiware games: Bit.Trip Beat and Last Flight
15/01 - Monster Hunter G Japan date. New Another Code Video and Pic. New pics from Pikmin and Monter Hunter Tri. New games: Star Wars Battlefront 3, Metroid Prime 1 and Mecho Wars (Wiiware).
17/01 - New The Conduit pic and video
19/01 - New game: Mini Ninjas
20/01 - New screen of Deadly Creatures and a new game: Battle Rage
22/01 - New screen of House of Dead and a New game: Crystal Defenders R1 (wiiware)
23/01 - New game: Pole's Big Adventure (wiiware). New video of The House of Dead Overkill

RELEASE DATE

Monster hunter G - April 23, 2009 - Japan only

NEW SCREEN

site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/G/
monster_01692.jpg

NEW SCREEN AND VIDEO

NEW GAMES

metroidprime769.jpg

NEW WIIWARE

last-flight906.jpg

mechowars259.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Corrections--
Typo: Headstrong
Typo: IO Interactive
Typo: Data Design
Typo: LucasArts
Pub: Aksys Games / Dev: Gaijin Games
Typo: Bloober team
Typo: Luc Bernard (lololol)
Typo: Square Enix (no dash)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Typo, Crystal Defenders R1: "anemy hordes" -> "enemy hordes"

Also Battlefront 3 is probably cancelled.

BDGAME

Stumpokapow said:
Corrections--
Typo: Headstrong
Typo: IO Interactive
Typo: Data Design
Typo: LucasArts
Pub: Aksys Games / Dev: Gaijin Games
Typo: Bloober team
Typo: Luc Bernard (lololol)
Typo: Square Enix (no dash)

Andrex said:
Typo, Crystal Defenders R1: "anemy hordes" -> "enemy hordes"

Also Battlefront 3 is probably cancelled.

All fixed, thanks!

JaCy said:
Battlefront 3 is coming out for the Wii?

The video says it, but I don't know if this game was canceled or not.

manueldelalas said:
Indiana Jones announced yesterday is missing.

I will put it in this list later. Thanks.

jrricky

Banned
BDGAME said:
The video says it, but I don't know if this game was canceled or not.
The video isnt working for Battlefront 3.

How the hell do you play Crystal Defenders? The video didnt paint a picture.

kenji

does someone have info about Battle Rage? i watched a video of the PC version and it looks pretty good, someone knows about the wii version? when will it be released?

BDGAME

jrricky said:
The video isnt working for Battlefront 3.

How the hell do you play Crystal Defenders? The video didnt paint a picture.

Fixed. I put a youtube video.

kenji said:
does someone have info about Battle Rage? i watched a video of the PC version and it looks pretty good, someone knows about the wii version? when will it be released?

I can find nothing new about this game. I put a video in it now, but it's from PC version.

AppleBlade

Sad to say, I have given up on my Wii as a single player game machine. Call me a graphic ho but I felt like I had to force myself to play my single-player Wii games, even really good ones like Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, and Okami when I had PS3 games like Dead Space, Prince of Persia, and Fallout 3 as the alternatives. I just sold all my single player Wii games and got Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart Wii as well as a carrying case. I already have 4 wii-motes, 4 nunchuks, 2 classic controlelrs and a few other multiplayer games (Street Fighter II: CE on Virtual Console, Bomberman on Wiiware, etc.). The Wii will be my strictly multi-player machine from now on.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MrVargas said:
Sad to say, I have given up on my Wii as a single player game machine. Call me a graphic ho but I felt like I had to force myself to play my single-player Wii games, even really good ones like Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, and Okami when I had PS3 games like Dead Space, Prince of Persia, and Fallout 3 as the alternatives. I just sold all my single player Wii games and got Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart Wii as well as a carrying case. I already have 4 wii-motes, 4 nunchuks, 2 classic controlelrs and a few other multiplayer games (Street Fighter II: CE on Virtual Console, Bomberman on Wiiware, etc.). The Wii will be my strictly multi-player machine from now on.

o... kay?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Well, it's not MrVargas' fault if the thread title reads "Wii in 2009: graphics still not up to par with PS3/360".

MrVargas said:

Its a great multiplayer machine, but it amuses me that you list PoP as a game you would rather play, if Nintendo had done to Mario what Ubi did to PoP Gaf would would be crying for years how it was dumbed down(PoP was my biggest disappointment last year)

Also if you are a graphics whore SMG(looks beautiful) RE4(which having played the demo of 5, I prefer pointer controls to shitty AI partner) are already out and look good, and there is plenty of games in this thread that have nice graphics(Madworld, Punch-out, Vanillaware game,MH3,Fragile[nice art style at least],Conduit and I'm sure QJ(by Q! entertainment) will look good too.

AppleBlade

Cerebral Assassin said:
Also if you are a graphics whore SMG(looks beautiful) RE4(which having played the demo of 5, I prefer pointer controls to shitty AI partner) are already out and look good, and there is plenty of games in this thread that have nice graphics(Madworld, Punch-out, Vanillaware game,MH3,Fragile[nice art style at least],Conduit and I'm sure QJ(by Q! entertainment) will look good too.
I owned and beaten SMG and RE4, those are actually my two favorite Wii games (especially RE4 which I think is the best game on the system). Of the other games you mentioned, those games sound good and if the Wii was the only system I owned I would be looking forward to them, but I just can't get myself excited about those games when I know games like Resident Evil 5, Killzone 2, God of War 3, Bionic Commando, Bioshock 2, Borderlands, The Witcher, etc. are going to be available on my PS3.

Wii fans do not need to take my comments personally. I own a Wii and I am not planning on selling it, I am just using it almost exclusively for local multi-player/ party games. I am actually a fan of motion gaming. I know it's a little rough around the edges now but I do think it is the future. I'm just expressing my preferences about the single player experiences available on the Wii in comparison to my PS3 and PC. No need for people to get upset.

Ydahs

Amir0x said:
Never heard of Mecho Wars before, that looks interesting.

Damn it Nintendo release a storage solution.
It's by the same developer who's making Eternity's Child for Wiiware, though I wonder if that game is ever going to come out...

Wasn't it released on Steam months ago?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amir0x said:
Never heard of Mecho Wars before, that looks interesting.

Damn it Nintendo release a storage solution.

Oh yeah, we're supposed to get that SD slot upgrade soon. I wonder when that'll be.

Amir0x

Banned
Ydahs said:
It's by the same developer who's making Eternity's Child for Wiiware, though I wonder if that game is ever going to come out...

Wasn't it released on Steam months ago?

Interest evaporated. Thanks asshole ;P

I have only 4 WiiWare games left installed. I just need to start deleting savegames and no, I won't do this.

I'll do this the day I need the space for a new game.

btw: why don't they state on the boxes how much blocks a game takes/needs? They did this with all the last generation games :(

The whole storage thing isn't as bad as GAF makes it out to be. It's inconvenient to be sure, but it's not that horrible.

Send a handful of games to a SD card or flat out delete them. Ya big babies :lol

comedy bomb said:
The whole storage thing isn't as bad as GAF makes it out to be. It's inconvenient to be sure, but it's not that horrible.

Send a handful of games to a SD card or flat out delete them. Ya big babies :lol

2 or 3 more channels and the storage of my Wii is full just from channels, and i dont see how deleting channels can be a solution. Channels are, imo, meant to be permanent in your Wii.

AyuFanatic86 said:
2 or 3 more channels and the storage of my Wii is full just from channels, and i dont see how deleting channels can be a solution. Channels are, imo, meant to be permanent in your Wii.

The channels are lame, I use three of them. WiiShop, Nintendo, and HomeBrew. Everything else is unnecessary IMO.

Amir0x said:
Interest evaporated. Thanks asshole ;P
Didn't the screenshot kind of tip you off?

Anyway, from destructoid:
Luc's wonderful art style is said to be complimented by an actual design document this time. Bernard and collaborater Shane Gill are handling all the concept, design and story. The programmer is being identitifed only as "Mr. X," but he claims to have experience with strategy games.
LMAO

Meesh

I can't believe Star Wars Battlefront is on Wii...I haven't played the previous ones but I always thought/read it had a strong online feature, isn't that really the meat of the game? To be on Wii, with so few online games, and some of those that are online don't really fare so well with Nintendo Wifi...I don't know, doesn't add up? Massive single player quest?

And I was excited for Indy, now maybe Star Wars too?

hemtae

Evilink said:
I can't believe Star Wars Battlefront is on Wii...I haven't played the previous ones but I always thought/read it had a strong online feature, isn't that really the meat of the game? To be on Wii, with so few online games, and some of those that are online don't really fare so well with Nintendo Wifi...I don't know, doesn't add up? Massive single player quest?

And I was excited for Indy, now maybe Star Wars too?

Nobody knows if it's still in development, and it was rumored to be for the other consoles as well.

comedy bomb said:

Ok, just to clarify things:

Helix
Cubello
Rotohex
Orbient
Daigassu Speaker Channel
Nintendo Channel
Super Mario World
DK Jr Math

THAT's IT!

All the other storage is taken by SAVEGAMES and especially Savegames YOU CANNOT send to the SD card (Mario Kart, SSBB, ...)
I don't even have Guitar Hero World Tour yet.
This would make it much more worse.

(I have around 15 WiiWare and VC Games on SD card as well but I have to delete some other games and recopy the game I want to play to play it just to delete it again after playing...Download is not an option because our connection is slow as hell. It takes about 10minutes to download a NES game.)

swerve

Caesar III said:
Ok, just to clarify things:

Helix
Cubello
Rotohex
Orbient
Daigassu Speaker Channel
Nintendo Channel
Super Mario World
DK Jr Math

THAT's IT!

No Star Soldier R means you fail. :p

Delete the Art Style games, download what you want. I have about 120 purchases from WiiWare/VC, and yeah it's a bit annoying not having them all there right away, but it takes me no more than three minutes to get the one I want. And I use that time for GAF.

For references, I have all the channels you have, plus Mario Kart channel, voting channel, internet channel. I usually delete the Speaker Channel until friends come round.

wsippel

Banned
jarrod said:
SEGA needs to get on it and announce Shining Force Gear already. Ditto for Level 5 and Inazuma Eleven Break.
Exactly. If gamers give up on the system due to the lack of announcements, Japanese developers will lose the most viable home console they have right now. It was stupid enough when they had nothing in development, but now that they increased development support, they should talk about it - and not that "yes, we are working on stuff"-bullshit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is that a Final Fantasy Tower Defense?

What the hell?

A fresh interview: Wiitalia - Eduardo the Samurai Toaster: Developers Interview

a quick excerpt:
semnat said:
Wiitalia: From the screenshots we know it is a 2D side-scrolling game, but to what specific genre belongs it?

Coleman: It is a run ‘n gun shooter similar to games like Gunstar Heroes, Contra, and Metal Slug.
[...]
Wiitalia: Graphic style is really original and special, where (and if) have you taken inspiration?

Coleman: Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. The art evolved over the years as I got better at creating game assets. Much of the environments were inspired by movies, some blatant copies, some more abstract. I suppose it’s fair since a lot of games have stolen from old scifi movies like Aliens. I was inspired by scenes in movies like “Seven Samurai” “All About Lily Chou-Chou” and “This Charming Girl”. The Lily Chou-Chou level is pretty blatant in its imitation, but I went pretty abstract with the final level which is based on Seven Samurai’s finale. For other areas I simply took inspiration from modern drawing. I hope that I can do something more original for our next game. :)
[...]

Wiitalia: What about a releasing date? Have you planned a worldwide digital distribution? Will the game be translated into foreign languages?

Coleman: We hope to release the game in North America before April. After that we’ll begin the process of getting it released everywhere else. We would love to see Eduardo come out in as many territories as possible.

jarrod

Banned
wsippel said:
Exactly. If gamers give up on the system due to the lack of announcements, Japanese developers will lose the most viable home console they have right now. It was stupid enough when they had nothing in development, but now that they increased development support, they should talk about it - and not that "yes, we are working on stuff"-bullshit.
Part of the problem is that Nintendo's policy of announcing games months before release seems to be trending to 3rd parties. It's a little surprising we don't know about any 2010 or later Wii games besides NMH2 and DQX, that's never really happened in previous gens. :/

Top Bottom