• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

wsippel

Banned
ZAK said:
At E3, by Miyamoto, directly to a GAFer.
Chris Remo. Editor at Gamasutra, if I remember correctly.

Hardly anything reliable. We should definitely wait for more official confirmation.
I believe you could call this an "official confirmation":

IGN: One of those GCN rereleases for Wii is Pikmin. We just want to clarify that this is not Pikmin 3 that Miyamoto referenced at E3 2008.

Cammie Dunaway: It's not the Pikmin that Mr. Miyamoto referred to, no. Mr. Miyamoto referred to a new Pikmin, as opposed to the classics that are being rereleased on Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/915/915864p1.html

Gozan

Sadist said:
A lot of games I want :D

Wished though that Tvs.C would come to the Europe. Yeah right. Capcom should make a Nintendo vs. Capcom.

They should make Dargaud vs Capcom for Europe. Asterix vs Viewtiful Joe! Lucky Luke vs Ryu! Laureline vs Morrigan! Blueberry vs Chun-Li! YEAH!

Neomoto

That is a most excellent list in the OP. Things are starting to look pretty darn good for Wii (and the WiiWare list isn't even in the OP yet).

I count 25 games (out of 62 listed in the OP) I'm seriously very interested in that I want. I don't know about you but in my book that is a lot of games. In fact, it is too much since I'll never have anough time to play that many games, not to mention that I have other consoles then Wii as well.

vareon

Gozan said:
They should make Dargaud vs Capcom for Europe. Asterix vs Viewtiful Joe! Lucky Luke vs Ryu! Laureline vs Morrigan! Blueberry vs Chun-Li! YEAH!

Day one.

It's kind of worrying that most of my wanted games on that list is not yet confirmed for NA release.

Model 500

Very nice! Can't wait for M+, it's gonna be amazing....

Vertigo was new to me, definitely keeping my eyes on it, looks just like a game for me :)

And so many others, good stuff....

Gozan said:
Phoenix Wright needs to be in there somehow.

I know it will never happen, but... You know, I can hope.

TJ Spyke

pgtl_10 said:
Will Fatal Frame 4 ever be released for NA?

Back in November, small publisher Xseed Games asked gamers to e-mail them suggestions for games they wanted released here. One of the editors at GameSpot asked them about Fatal Frame IV, Xseed said that the game is being published in North America (just not by them, and they said we would have to wait for an official announcement to find out by who).

TJ Spyke said:
Back in November, small publisher Xseed Games asked gamers to e-mail them suggestions for games they wanted released here. One of the editors at GameSpot asked them about Fatal Frame IV, Xseed said that the game is being published in North America (just not by them, and they said we would have to wait for an official announcement to find out by who).

The guy quoted as saying that later retracted his statement. He changed it to something along the lines of, "you'd think someone would bring it over."

Gozan

vareon said:

Casterman vs Capcom would also be nice, what with Tintin, Corto Maltese and, oh God yes please, Adèle Blanc-Sec.
Actually, screw Tintin, Corto Maltese and Capcom, make Adèle Blanc-Sec vs Adèle Blanc-Sec! Featuring Corto Maltese!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Eduardo the Samurai Toaster (WiiWare, Winter '09)
eduardothesamuraitoaster_04.jpg

eduardothesamuraitoaster_07.jpg

eduardothesamuraitoaster_03.jpg

Colorado, USA - January 5th, 2009 – Indie developer Semnat Studios is excited to finally announce the upcoming Wii™ release of Eduardo the Samurai Toaster, an incredibly fast and frenetic sidescrolling, run‘n’gun 2D shooter. The game will be released exclusively for WiiWare™ this winter, developed and published by Semnat Studios.

With visuals drawn and scanned in from several different art mediums such as pen & ink, acrylic paint and charcoal, Eduardo sports an untraditional aesthetic design for a videogame. Jump, shoot, whip, drive, fly and throw your way through hordes of Peking Opera pastries, spear toting carrots, robotic mangos, and more. Play with friends as you learn to cooperate effectively, or be annoying by throwing each other around the screen and attacking one another.

FEATURES

- Drop in co-op play for up to four players.

- Ride scooters equipped with laser-blasters and fly around in rocket packs in single player or co-op.

- Use 5 different pastry pickups to upgrade your firepower.

- Battle enemies through 13 unique levels.

- Several different difficulty options to choose from, allowing players to pick their desired level of challenge.

Eduardo the Samurai Toaster has been Rated E for everyone by the ESRB.

Got this from the Nintendo blog. ;)

mr_nothin

Banned
I hate the Wii to the fullest (besides the usual main games - Super Mario, Smash bros, zelda, metroid, etc) but I must say that that list looks alot like the old nintendo.

2009 is looking REALLY good for Wii. RPGs, Adventure games..Action games...Shooters...
Might have to pick up a Wii sometime later this year.

Looking at Gamestop's release schedule for the Wii for the first half of the year makes me scared for my wallet. :lol :lol

This thread could use a little Ultimate Shooting Collection and Samurai Showdown Anthology. :D

BDGAME

Wiiware part is up now.

Thanks Fantastical and Deku for bring this news here. The Samurai toaster game is in the first page now. The Another Code R pic and videos I Will update later!

ivysaur12

Banned
mr_nothin said:
I hate the Wii to the fullest (besides the usual main games - Super Mario, Smash bros, zelda, metroid, etc) but I must say that that list looks alot like the old nintendo.

2009 is looking REALLY good for Wii. RPGs, Adventure games..Action games...Shooters...
Might have to pick up a Wii sometime later this year.

So you hate the Wii... but you don't own one?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Except for Brawl and about 2 hours of No More Heroes (before I got hopelessly bored with it), I didn't use my Wii at all in 2008. It didn't help that I got a new HD/5.1 setup to game on and a 360 (finally) in 2008. I just haven't plugged in the Wii since April or so.

Some of the games in OP are getting me pretty excited to hook it back up though. I've always been a huge Tenchu fan and Muramasa looks amazing too (I still haven't played Odin Sphere cause my PS2 DRE's anything I try to play on it). Those are probably at the top of the list.

I like a lot of the stuff Clover has done, but Mad World in motion makes my brain hurt. I'll probably grab it from Gamefly just to try it out, but I don't think I could play it for more than a few minutes at a time...

Arctic Feather said:
Just top let you know: you've spelt Eternity's Child, Eaternity's Child in the WiiWare section.

I think you should worry about your own spelling first ;p

EDIT : Holy shit it's a real word. Nevermind lol

jibblypop

Banned
That is a damn awesome list of games. I hope all of those are really coming to North America (specifically Another Code).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Arctic Feather said:
Just top let you know: you've spelt Eternity's Child, Eaternity's Child in the WiiWare section.

It was retooled to combat the strong Fat Princess hype.

comedy bomb said:

:lol Wow, I feel like giving up on the Internet today.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
comedy bomb said:

LoL it's a British/Australian thing I think. Americans (and Canadians, I think/hope) use "spelled".

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh wow, I'm totally buying that Samurai Toaster game! That looks so awesome :D

And has a Shantae WiiWare game actually been mentioned or confirmed?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Danthrax said:
LoL it's a British/Australian thing I think. Americans (and Canadians, I think/hope) use "spelled".

What? As far as I know we use both interchangeably. I personally use spelt more than spelled.

Hrm, well Opera's inline spellchecking highlighted spelt. I'm probably wrong.

TJ Spyke

Dictionary.com says both "spelled" and "spelt" are right (although the Firefox spell checker also say "spelt" is wrong). The site does not list either one being a regional spelling.

storl026

This year might be expensive for me...

Definite Buys:
  • MadWorld
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
  • No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
  • Boom Blox 2
  • Cave Story

Interested In:
  • Monster Hunter Tri
  • Cursed Mountain
  • Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop
  • New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Cursed Mountain looks really interesting with it's setting and use of the Wiimote features. I'm gonna wait to see the reviews on Dead Rising to see if it is just a cheap cash-in or if it's actually worthwhile. The lack of bongo support in Jungle Beat bothers me, as the track record of waggle-only control hasn't been stellar.

All in all, I'm really surprised at how good the art looks on most of these titles. A lot of them have a very Japanese look to them, I dig it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well just from life experience, Americans seem to stick to "spelled" while I've really only seen "spelt" from the English.

edwardslane said:
why do you have dragon quest 10 listed? that hasn't officially been announced as a wii game has it??

You missed the epic thread of meltdowns and rejoicing, huh?

TJ Spyke

edwardslane said:
why do you have dragon quest 10 listed? that hasn't officially been announced as a wii game has it??

Um, I guess you have not followed it at all. The game was officially announced last month, and announced as a Wii game.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jesus, January really emptied, didn't it. i really want to something for this month, and God damnit, BOTH LKS and Dead Rising jumped out. hopefully there's something good on WiiWare...

Akai

doomed1 said:
Jesus, January really emptied, didn't it. i really want to something for this month, and God damnit, BOTH LKS and Dead Rising jumped out. hopefully there's something good on WiiWare...

If your wish list is anything like mine, saving money for the next two months might be for the best... >_>

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Akai said:
If your wish list is anything like mine, saving money for the next two months might be for the best... >_>
it's not. i'm a Wii only owner. while i'll probably be shelling out $100 a month, i'll still have a method of income. i don't like backlogs and getting two games a month is about where i like to draw the line. i might be convinced otherwise for February. at least i know where my B-day cash is going. i think my dad might be convinced to get me the bullet mic i want since the camera he got me last year...

doomed1 said:

You can grab Ultimate Shooting Collection (if it actually ships this time) It has three games on it.

I can't vouch for the quality of them, but old school shooters are rare these days.

Top Bottom