• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Takt of Magic has nothing to do with Lost Magic, regardless of speculation that it's the spiritual successor and my speculation that it's actually by Garakuta Studio.

Then again, you do have a lot of speculative misinforming data there. :\

batbeg

jj984jj said:
Takt of Magic has nothing to do with Lost Magic, regardless of speculation that it's the spiritual successor and my speculation that it's actually by Garakuta Studio.

It doesn't? :( But it uses the same runes, doesn't it? And seems to have a largely similar interface, down to the annoying time limit.

Either way, I want it :D

BDGAME

Jaded Alyx said:
Dynamic Slash is published by Nintendo.

ivysaur12 said:
Yeah, but it's by Sandlot, not Sanlot.

BikoBiko said:
Great list! But how am I gonna afford all those awesome games? Also, it's "Punch-Out!!" with two !!'s, and it's not a "Figther".

Fredescu said:
Well formatted. I like the list at the start. I hate having to scroll through picture after picture just to find the next game in other threads.

Just a note though, "Release Dates" is spelt wrong at the start of the OP.

Thanks! All Fixed!

uhh...is Let's Tap actually coming out outside of Japan...?

also, if TvC ever DOES leave Japan, it'll be a totally different game.

hmmm.....

BDGAME

le.phat said:
nice thread, but it feels a bit cluttered. maybe make the screens a bit smaller and sorted on genre ? Right now its kind of hard to get a nice overview if you're looking for a specific type of game.

The size is OK. Just press CTRL and minus in your navigator to reduce the size of the screen. I trying make a order that looks good for most gamers. But if someone suggest a good re-order, I can reorganize without a problem.

Dash Kappei said:
A lot of work, bravo, but it's sooo annoying that despite all the suggestions from the previous thread you still keep games like Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Sky Crawlers when there's not even a slight suggestion those games are actually coming, let alone as TBA 2009.

Thanks. What suggestions you talking about? Tatsuboko and Sky Crawlers are two games that your companies want to bring to USA. So maybe it's early to put they in this list, but I believe it's early to remove they from here too.

jj984jj said:

Then again, you do have a lot of speculative misinforming data there. :\

Since all you say about Takt of Magic is speculation, I will make a research first before make any changes. What other speculative misinforming are you talking about?

I'm really craving HOTD and that Punch-Out game. The music in the trailer was so wicked but I hope they don't ruin it with wacky wiimote movements. They could sell this as a two button game and I'd buy it.

Also looking forward to Tecmo Bowl Wii too.

AniHawk

autobzooty said:
also, if TvC ever DOES leave Japan, it'll be a totally different game.

they could call it anime vs capcom and everyone would buy it.

Or just tatsunoko vs capcom. I mean they published jojo's bizarre adventure for god's sake.

TreIII

Muramasa? Mad World? Dynamic Zan/Slash? Sin & Punishment 2? These are all titles that are definitely on my list right now, and I'm definitely looking forward to more joining them... :D

AniHawk said:
they could call it anime vs capcom and everyone would buy it.

Or just tatsunoko vs capcom. I mean they published jojo's bizarre adventure for god's sake.

There's a difference, though.

With Jojo, and at that point in time, Capcom was able to deal with Shueisha/Jump directly. They didn't have to deal with any American license-holders/middlemen, because no one else had any say with the Jojo brand. Thus, it was relatively simple for Capcom to just publish JBA in the States, make whatever changes necessary (with respect to various musical references), and take a chance on selling it.

With Tatsunoko, as was alluded to several times throughout the lifetime of the TvC topic, Capcom would actually have to not only hammer out deals with Tatsunoko themselves, but also make sure to have all of their ducks in a row when it comes to securing American rights. This is what basically describes the "legal red tape problems" that Capcom has been citing over and over, when it comes to TvC.

So, no matter how much the likes of Killian and Svenson may continue to champion the cause of the game and a domestic release, it still boils down to the notion of whether or not Capcom is willing to go through such trouble. At this point in time, it's more likely that Capcom could just do more to commission 8ing, or some one else, to make a different and yet similar title that could actually be safely marketed in the West ("Hanna Barbera vs. Capcom"? :lol), rather than really go through changes trying to do something about TvC.

Seeing how this is the same Capcom that probably couldn't give a damn about how much English-speaking Fate/Stay Night fans would like to get Fate: UC for themselves, as well as can't even be bothered to give Sengoku BASARA, their OWN franchise, another try in the States (ideally, without the "Devil Kings" malarkey)...it would be understandable to doubt the notion of whether they will release the game over here.

Yagharek

I have low expectations for Let's Tap, Klonoa, the vanillaware game Murasuma, Capcom vs Tatsunoko or whatever (sorry), and Madworld coming out in Australia.

Guaranteed buys if they do though, they look fantastic.

Fredescu

RandomVince said:
I have low expectations for Let's Tap, Klonoa, the vanillaware game Murasuma, Capcom vs Tatsunoko or whatever (sorry), and Madworld coming out in Australia.
There's no reason to think that we won't get the Sega games.

Jumpman23

I have never been so excited to own a Wii since reading this thread. Kudos to the OP as this was an amazing and worthwhile post. Some of these games look absolutely epic! 2009 is shaping up to be the year of the Wii!

Ryn

3 survival horror games, and a handful of rpgs in various flavors? Okay, you've caught my attention.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fantastical said:
Fatal Frame 4 better come out here. I want to be scared. :(

2j198vd.jpg

Oh wait, nevermind.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fredescu said:
There's no reason to think that we won't get the Sega games.
Eh, Lets Tap is up in the air. The game is a super easy localization, but it did so poor in Japan from the looks of things, they may think the game won't sell anywhere. I think it has sold less then 5k copies so far. I hope they bring it out to other territories, I'll buy it again in a heartbeat.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Drkirby said:
Eh, Lets Tap is up in the air. The game is a super easy localization, but it did so poor in Japan from the looks of things, they may think the game won't sell anywhere. I think it has sold less then 5k copies so far. I hope they bring it out to other territories, I'll buy it again in a heartbeat.

TBH until like four days ago I thought it was a WiiWare game.

It probably would have done better on WiiWare, actually...

Dark Oni said:
O_O dragon quest X? when did this happen?

About three weeks ago.

cakeman19

Banned
I don't think there's ever been a year I was more excited for. There are a whopping 36 titles on that list I'm interested in, 14 of which will be must haves/day 1 purchases.

FoxHimself said:
OP, your avatar is too big! I've resized and uploaded a new avatar you can use, so you don't lose your avatar privileges or get banned.

Use this:

znn9sn.png
I know I have nothing to do with this, but i love to see this kinda thing.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
BDGAME said:
Since all you say about Takt of Magic is speculation, I will make a research first before make any changes. What other speculative misinforming are you talking about?
First off, you don't really pinpoint which region you're talking about. It's really confusing, a headache instead of informing. If it's all for North America then there's a lot of unconfirmed games, placeholder dates, and publishers that are wrong. If it's for NA, do us all a favor and put unconfirmed games released elsewhere in separate section of the post. If it's not for one region... separate them anyway, it's too confusing at the moment.

Secondly, can you be a bit more consistent? Use consistent names, in one place you have Ubisoft games, in another you have Ubisoft, in other places you have Ubi Soft. Just Ubisoft will do. You do it again with Bandai-Namco, in one place you have Namco, in others you have BandaiNamco, and in some you have Bandai Namco. They go with Namco-Bandai in English but it's Bandai-Namco in Japanese so I guess either is acceptable. Also, use a consistent date system and avoid confusing placeholder dates like the Muramasa date. And if you still have time, find a consistent genre system.

Thirdly, can you remove EA Tennis? It makes your whole list look like a prank. I'd also remove games like The Calling, TBA Pikmin Wii, and TBA Renegade Kid game until they're more formally announced but that's up to you. It'd really improve the credibility of your list.

Aside from that, some notes:
- You spelt Rainbow Studios wrong
- You spelt February wrong on Tenchu's listing
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was developed by 8ing
- Kizuna is being developed by Town Factory
- Ghostbusters is being developed by Red Fly Studio
- Little King's Story is being co-developed by Cing and Town Factory
- MadWorld has no space according to Sega

- You can put Tales of "Ten" instead of Tales of... (mothership title), and it's being developed by Namco Tales Studio. Unlike Project Aces or Project Soul it isn't an internal group at Namco.

- The developer of the TMNT game is Game Arts (where a few former developers of Team Ninja have gone, hence "from Team Ninja vets and some Brawl staff" but that's not a developer).

- All XSEED and Marvelous Entertainment USA games are co-published, you can write XSEED/MMV if that's too long.

- No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle has no confirmed publisher for NA yet. It could be Ubisoft or MMV could do it with XSEED them-selves.

Wow, what an amazing effort!

It surprises me how much, even at this stage of it's career, the Wii's lineup really reminds me of the Gamecube's lineup. Here's hoping some of the more appealing TBA 2009 titles make it in 2009.

jj984jj said:
Thirdly, can you remove EA Tennis? It makes your whole list look like a prank. I'd also remove games like The Calling, TBA Pikmin Wii, and TBA Renegade Kid game until they're more formally announced but that's up to you. It'd really improve the credibility of your list.

Pikmin is confirmed for a NA launch in the spring IIRC.

Eteric Rice

I could instantly tell it's an old X-Box game just because of the style. :lol

Edit: Does anyone know if Let's Tap is coming to the USA? I want to play it badly.

Jammy

Banned
That's a very solid line-up from what we know so far. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Sin and Punishment 2, Wii Sports Resort, House of the Dead: Overkill, Pikmin 3, and a couple others top the list for me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eteric Rice said:
I could instantly tell it's an old X-Box game just because of the style. :lol

Yeah, for some reason quite a few Xbox 1 games have an overriding scheme of... green in them. And sometimes brown...

Top Bottom