• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jammy said:
That's a very solid line-up from what we know so far. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Sin and Punishment 2, Wii Sports Resort, House of the Dead: Overkill, Pikmin 3, and a couple others top the list for me.

TatsuCap will never make it outside Japan. I don't know why it is in the OP either, since it came out last month.

bdouble

Evilink said:
So it's a party game that's now a platformer. Whaaaaaaaat... Hows that transition work?

Doesn't look too bad...evolving from a party game almost implies waggling out your wazoo with loose, vague gestures. (that actually describes a lot of Wii games)

Almost implies? Why make up such pessimistic observations? How about "we know absolutely nothing about how this game will control"

Bluth54

That list is looking pretty good, I see a number of games I'm interested in.

I would imagine we'll also get at least a few major AAA titles from major third parties announced or released in 2009, seeing as how by the end of 2007 they may have realized the Wii isn't a fad and they need to bring out some big games on it.

goomba

Banned
I wonder what the other games in Wii Sports Resort will be?.

Hows about :
Surfing (using the balance board)
Beach volleyball
Kayaking
Badminton

Maybe online play?

C.T.

Regulus Tera said:
TatsuCap will never make it outside Japan. I don't know why it is in the OP either, since it came out last month.

Didn't they say it's difficult but they are looking into it?

Vinnk

I wish it only listed games with confirmed Western released, but still a nice list. Or at least it will be when someone upgrades to pro. ;)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
C.T. said:
Didn't they say it's difficult but they are looking into it?

An empty promise. I don't doubt Capcom USA wants it, but seeing the sales of the game in Japan and the licence hell Tatsunoko characters are the chances it has are close to zero.

Either way, the game is not planned for a release this year in any territory. It shouldn't be in the OP period.

Dante23 said:
This will be one hell of an awesome year. :D
Yeah, I really think it will be though I kind of expected it afer Nintendo's mini press conference in October blew away anything that was announced at TGS in terms of "OMG AWESOME"-ness.

BikoBiko

Vinnk said:
I wish it only listed games with confirmed Western released, but still a nice list. Or at least it will be when someone upgrades to pro. ;)
Agreed, or maybe there could be a section for interesting Japanese/import titles.

BDGAME

I replace all the links from all the images.

Is It work now?

Obs: I try upgrade to Pro, but my Paypal account don't work for some reason and I don't know Why.

Flakster99

Thanks for the thread, BDGAME. A lot of good stuff to look forward to, to say the least. :)

Now we need one for the DS for 2009.

I wonder how many people who are hyping Muramasa have actually played Odin Sphere?

But yeah Muramasa, Sin & Punishment, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, TMNT Bralwer, Madworld, and Tales of 10 are sure buys.

The Wii easily has the best line-up of any of the consoles IMO.

BDGAME

comedy bomb said:
Good looking thread. Kudos to the OP.

I think Dead Rising is Feb though. That's what the Capcom website says.

Thanks. I will fix it tomorrow.

FoxHimself said:
OP, your avatar is too big! I've resized and uploaded a new avatar you can use, so you don't lose your avatar privileges or get banned.

Use this:

znn9sn.png

Thanks. I use it now.

abstract alien said:
I know I have nothing to do with this, but i love to see this kinda thing.

Me too! :D

jj984jj said:
First off, you don't really pinpoint which region you're talking about. It's really confusing, a headache instead of informing. If it's all for North America then there's a lot of unconfirmed games, placeholder dates, and publishers that are wrong. If it's for NA, do us all a favor and put unconfirmed games released elsewhere in separate section of the post. If it's not for one region... separate them anyway, it's too confusing at the moment.

Secondly, can you be a bit more consistent? Use consistent names, in one place you have Ubisoft games, in another you have Ubisoft, in other places you have Ubi Soft. Just Ubisoft will do. You do it again with Bandai-Namco, in one place you have Namco, in others you have BandaiNamco, and in some you have Bandai Namco. They go with Namco-Bandai in English but it's Bandai-Namco in Japanese so I guess either is acceptable. Also, use a consistent date system and avoid confusing placeholder dates like the Muramasa date. And if you still have time, find a consistent genre system.

Thirdly, can you remove EA Tennis? It makes your whole list look like a prank. I'd also remove games like The Calling, TBA Pikmin Wii, and TBA Renegade Kid game until they're more formally announced but that's up to you. It'd really improve the credibility of your list.

Aside from that, some notes:
- You spelt Rainbow Studios wrong
- You spelt February wrong on Tenchu's listing
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was developed by 8ing
- Kizuna is being developed by Town Factory
- Ghostbusters is being developed by Red Fly Studio
- Little King's Story is being co-developed by Cing and Town Factory
- MadWorld has no space according to Sega

- You can put Tales of "Ten" instead of Tales of... (mothership title), and it's being developed by Namco Tales Studio. Unlike Project Aces or Project Soul it isn't an internal group at Namco.

- The developer of the TMNT game is Game Arts (where a few former developers of Team Ninja have gone, hence "from Team Ninja vets and some Brawl staff" but that's not a developer).

- All XSEED and Marvelous Entertainment USA games are co-published, you can write XSEED/MMV if that's too long.

- No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle has no confirmed publisher for NA yet. It could be Ubisoft or MMV could do it with XSEED them-selves.

Very, very thanks jj984jj. Since it's a lot of changes to do, I will fix it this week. If you or someone find some other problems, just tell me and I will try to fix it.

Flakster99 said:
Thanks for the thread, BDGAME. A lot of good stuff to look forward to, to say the least. :)

Now we need one for the DS for 2009.

Make this thread and maintain the updates is enough for me. Maybe other DS fan ca do it! :D

Lyude77

goomba said:
I wonder what the other games in Wii Sports Resort will be?.

Hows about :
Surfing (using the balance board)
Beach volleyball
Kayaking
Badminton

Maybe online play?
Maybe shuffleboard too, that's kind of a resort game, though I guess swordfighting isn't practiced much at resorts.

Great job at compiling the list. I really hope F-Zero comes out in 2009 too, I'm dying for one like F-Zero X.

Jiggy

I really hope that Tales of the Disco Swordsman game both 1) has real effort behind it, unlike Dawn, and 2) releases in English in 2009. If it turned out to be even so much as 95% as good as Symphonia, then I'm pretty sure it would never leave my system be the only Wii disc since the system's inception to ever enter my system.

Such a Tales fan. D:

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
comedy bomb said:
Maybe if you're lucky you'll get a "Plays on Wii" edition of the first game. : /

:|

I guess I'd take it for the 16:9 480p and possible control enhancements... Sometimes the controls in the first did feel a little clunky.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I really hope that Tales of the Disco Swordsman game both 1) has real effort behind it, unlike Dawn, and 2) releases in English in 2009. If it turned out to be even so much as 95% as good as Symphonia, then I'm pretty sure it would never leave my system be the only Wii disc since the system's inception to ever enter my system.

Such a Tales fan. D:

Are you serious?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:

wait

So you didn't put Smash Bros. or ToS2 in your Wii? It's literally sat there waiting to have a game put in it? Not even Wii Sports?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'll admit, this thread has me pumped for the Wii.. if Nintendo does the smart thing and brings a lot of these Japanese-only (so far) games over. Please.. oh please. :D

Azure J

Danthrax said:
wait

So you didn't put Smash Bros. or ToS2 in your Wii? It's literally sat there waiting to have a game put in it? Not even Wii Sports?

From what I know, Brawl wasn't all that great to Jiggy outside of Japan Time and the soundtrack.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Danthrax said:
wait

Jiggy would rather complain on GAF that Nintendo releases no decent VC games on the meh weeks and sulk quietly in a corner on the good weeks.

Rhindle

It's going to be rough sledding for the Wii from here on. Western support is getting cut back. The perception is that EA and others overspent on Wii development and had little to show for it.

Whether many of the Japanese games mentioned in the OP get released outside of Japan is questionable.

None of which is going to affect hardware sales, of course.

Deku

Banned
Rhindle said:
It's going to be rough sledding for the Wii from here on. Western support is getting cut back. The perception is that EA and others overspent on Wii development and had little to show for it.

Just speaking strictly about US support.
Wat?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Man.

FFCC and Fragile come out this month. Another Code comes out early next month in Japon.

I need to save my money.

That Fragile video is in another language that I don't even understand...and yet it just touched parts of me that haven't been touched by an RPG in years. Man....I want to work with the people behind that game.

ElyrionX

If that list of games in the OP is why so many people are claiming that 2009 will be the Wii's best year then I'm really glad that I don't own one. :lol

TJ Spyke

ElyrionX said:
If that list of games in the OP is why so many people are claiming that 2009 will be the Wii's best year then I'm really glad that I don't own one. :lol

If you mean that there will be so many awesome games that your wallet will hurt, agreed. Otherwise, get the fudge out. There are some great games in the OP.

pgtl_10

Rhindle said:

Whether many of the Japanese games mentioned in the OP get released outside of Japan is questionable.

EA is rumored to have some solid Wii support coming.

KevinCow

Banned
I hope The Conduit and Ghostbusters turn out well. They could both make great use of the pointer. It's a shame that on the system's third year, and at least a year after Metroid Prime 3 and RE4 Wii Edition proved definitively that the Wii's pointer kicks ass for aiming, there are so few games coming that take advantage of that, and of that small number that even attempts to use the pointer, only a small number of them look even decent.

I dunno. Just got a 360, and I've been playing a few shooters and whatnot for it, and I just keep wishing I could aim with the Wiimote. And then I look at the Wii's library and realize there are very few enjoyable games that let me do that.

dyls

The Sin and Punishment video makes me long for Space Harrier Wii. Sega has been one of the best supporters of the system thus far, hopefully they'll come to the same conclusion.

MrPonx

PIKMIN THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WHEN WAS THIS ANNOUNCED??? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZAK

MrPonx said:
PIKMIN THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WHEN WAS THIS ANNOUNCED??? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At E3, by Miyamoto, directly to a GAFer.

Hardly anything reliable. We should definitely wait for more official confirmation.

Rhindle said:

...what?

Where do I even start with this post? The fact that Western developers have barely spent anything at all on Wii development or the fact that most of those third party Japanese games are confirmed Western release or guaranteed it.

MrPonx

ZAK said:
At E3, by Miyamoto, directly to a GAFer.

Hardly anything reliable. We should definitely wait for more official confirmation.

thanks..

I became one of the "where have you been"'s that I used to laugh and make fun of.. :(

MrPonx said:
thanks..

I became one of the "where have you been"'s that I used to laugh and make fun of.. :(

Actually while it isn't "confirmed" Miyamoto gave so many hints to the game during E3 that it's pretty much guaranteed.

Meesh

bdouble said:
Almost implies? Why make up such pessimistic observations? How about "we know absolutely nothing about how this game will control"

Can't be helped ;p naturally negative...

...hope for the best, but thoroughly prepared for the worst. (Still excited for Wii in 09 though)

Top Bottom