• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PolyGone

Banned
Logan Cano said:
LOL, is this your equivalent of a child covering his ears screaming "I'M NOT LISTENING"?? :lol :lol

and what might you be the equivalent of? I think we already covered that in detail...

Nameless

Logan Cano said:
LOL, is this your equivalent of a child covering his ears screaming "I'M NOT LISTENING"?? :lol :lol

Don't bother Logan..

This place makes the War Room look sane, at times
;)

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082135161.jpg

Is that link's new instrument assigned to the B button?

plagiarize said:
you can't state that the graphics aren't 'good enough' as a fact. they don't impress you and that's the end of the story. i bet you couldn't bring yourself to play okami either. or god of war 2 in a few months. or a hand held game.

i'm glad i'm not you. no offence intended.

Really?? From what I'm seeing, MG is a very low poly game, filled with jaggies with a couple of nice lightning effects. Not much different from SMS.

Anyway, I didn't say they were unbearable, so don't feel pity for me. I can still enjoy a fun game. :)

The Wii CPU/GPU are new architectures, unless Retro was lying. Most of this negative talk is from the decision Nintendo made. Not knowing what the specs are for Hollywood.

But to say there won't be any visual difference between launch titles and 2nd generation titles, is a suggestion you may live under a bridge.

Nameless said:
Don't bother Logan..

This place makes the War Room look sane, at times
;)

Yeah, I've now experienced that first hand. :)

Hey, it was cool to get a hi from modojo, what's your username over there?? :D

Nameless

Logan Cano said:
Yeah, I've now experienced that first hand. :)

Hey, it was cool to get a hi from modojo, what's your username over there?? :D

Come on, the avatar should give it away..:D

datamage

Every single one of those games look like crap. OTOH, if we consider they're for slightly better GCN hardware, I suppose they are kind of decent. Incredibly awfull for next gen standards.

I guess it's ok, though, if you are mentally prepared to get the same kind of graphics we have had for the last 5 years for the next 5 as well.

One of the few people in this thread that makes sense. These Wii screenshots are very underwhelming.

J2 Cool

beelzebozo said:
and if we were only looking for technical graphical prowess it would fulfill all our needs.
we could sit with a controller in our hand and gawk at its purty-ness.

Um, there's no rule saying you can't have artistic and technological excellence in a single game. Not to mention the gameplay elements that open up with more powerful hardware. The thing I admire and love about Nintendo's effort in the Wii is that it does create new ways to play games, and they do have a lot of artistically beautiful, smooth games. But it's not an exclusive feature to the Wii, and I don't blame anyone that wanted a next gen effort in every feasible way including graphics out of their machine.

PolyGone

Banned
datamage said:
One of the few people in this thread that makes sense. These Wii screenshots are very underwhelming.

redsteel_070.jpg

if you honestly believe this looks like crap, I think you need to prepare yourself for the uncanny valley that awaits you in the near future.

KINGMOKU

PolyGone said:
redsteel_070.jpg

if you honestly believe this looks like crap, I think you need to prepare yourself for the uncanny valley that awaits you in the near future.
One of you two trolls respond to this.

Tell me how I'm blind, and this is actually using N64 assets.

This screenshot looks outstanding.

PolyGone said:
redsteel_070.jpg

just look at those little rugs though! they're ruffled in the same spot! copy paste! ;)

i kid, i kid

but hey, Red Steel has about as much chance at looking that clean when you play it on launch day as the Wii does having true HD (see what i did there?). Now Red Steel 2 on the other hand...

but does it matter? everyone in this forum will have a Wii when it's cheap, regardless oftheir opinion on graphics.

PolyGone said:
redsteel_070.jpg

I think it looks ok. The polygon count is low, and the textures are mixed, some pretty good, some pretty bad. It's about what I'd expect from an Xbox Ubi Soft title.

Or course, that image really isn't what the game looks like, since it has like 100xAA.:)

PolyGone

Banned
Logan Cano said:
I think it looks ok. The polygon count is low, and the textures are mixed, some pretty good, some pretty bad. It's about what I'd expect from an Xbox Ubi Soft title.

Or course, that image really isn't what the game looks like, since it has like 100xAA.:)

whats funny is that if I wanted to nitpick shots of DMC4 in the same way you are nitpicking these I'd be banned in a second

KINGMOKU

Logan Cano said:

I thought maybe you would say something logical, but now I see what your doing.

Have fun.

I think they should have a new Zelda game that has a 3d isometric camera viewpoint like Bulder's Gate or the original zelda game on NES (except 3d). I like 3d (dyanamic camera) Zelda and all (and am psyched for this game), but I'd like them to make an old schoolishish Zelda one of these days.

KINGMOKU

PolyGone said:
whats funny is that if I wanted to nitpick shots of DMC4 in the same way you are nitpicking these I'd be banned in a second
Yup, and thats the pisser here. This thread was going to smothley untill the twin trolls of broken recordom strolled in. It seems that they dont understand that we all get it.

I agree with the banning part. If I stepped foot into a Gears of Warthread, or heven forbid Oblivion thread and spewed this same shit over, and over, and over, and over again, I would be perma-banned in a heart-beat.

White Man

Logan Cano said:

And these would be the same people calling BULLSHOT in other threads, I bet.

datamage

Yup, and thats the pisser here. This thread was going to smothley untill the twin trolls of broken recordom strolled in

For starters, I've only made one comment. This is a Wii screenshots thread, correct? I assume opinions could be given? Or is it more of a, enter if you're a nintendo fan and ejaculate thread?

I don't care what the Wii is or isn't capable of, bottomline is I'm disappointed with the screenshots.

PolyGone

Banned
datamage said:
For starters, I've only made one comment. This is a Wii screenshots thread, correct? I assume opinions could be given? Or is it more of a, enter if you're a nintendo fan and ejaculate thread?

I don't care what the Wii is or isn't capable of, bottomline is I'm disappointed with the screenshots.

sorry wasn't referring to you (see who i quoted)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
datamage said:

Have I mentioned how ****ing horrible Gears of War, Resistence, and MGS4 look?

I don't care what PS3 and 360 are capable of. I demand CG quality, and thus I'm disappointed.

White Man said:
And these would be the same people calling BULLSHOT in other threads, I bet.

Mmmm...no, not really. I've only made a single "downgraDEDATON" kind of comment, and it was in a discussion about games not meeting target trailers. :p

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
VultureDude said:
but does it matter? everyone in this forum will have a Wii when it's cheap, regardless oftheir opinion on graphics.

Shhiiii.... not me. I aight never buying no Wiis.

Ryu

SnakeXs said:
Have I mentioned how ****ing horrible Gears of War, Resistence, and MGS4 look?

I don't care what PS3 and 360 are capable of. I demand CG quality, and thus I'm disappointed.

So wait a second, because one company comes out with an innovative controller, we should ignore the fact that the game's appearance is only mildly better than last generation's efforts? That doesn't make too much sense - why shouldn't Nintendo be faced with the same scrutinizations the forum-goers here dish out on a daily basis to Microsoft and Sony? Next-gen is Next-gen, I'm just dissapointed the difference in the consoles are not limited strictly to the way the games are played...

MrDaravon

A lot of the games look fun, which is why I'm interested. My fiance will be all over Trauma Center and Cooking Mama (if it gets a US release, can't recall if they've said anything or not), and the Gundam game looks suprisingly fun, along with a few other of the weird Japanese ones I can't recall at the moment. Zelda and Mario are awesome of course. I still hold that this is a solid launch, but let's see what happens six months out. Could be better, could be worse, hopefully better once we start getting games built from the start on Wii.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Nintendo must have really hit a homerun this week to get so many trolls riled up.

I think many of these shots look great. It doesn't matter if they were on Wii or the PS4 ... they'd still look good. Art is more important the polygon counts and texture filters. Even more important, these screens represent games that I'm looking forward to playing, why can't I say, "Wow."

All this talk abut generational leaps and junk is getting annoying. That Zelda shot outclasses so many 360 and PS3 games, its not even funny. If the Gamecube is capible of that, then why should we pay $400 & $600 for any next-gen console? My biggest problem with 360 and PS3 games (particularly in motion) is that they still look like a video game ... we still have framrate problems, still have poorl looking textures, still have some funky and repetitive animation, still have clipping and jaggies, etc.. Many times, it feels like we're actually arguing over which graphics are less ugly.

MrNibbles

Banned
I dislike the lack of AA in these screenshots.
I approve of the 720p(ish) resolutions of many of the shots.

I hope some Wii games - or at least apps - support 720p.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm going to hell:
stever%20irWIIn.jpg

From some game in the Wii preview video on Nintendo's Japan site.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
MrNibbles said:
I dislike the lack of AA in these screenshots.
I approve of the 720p(ish) resolutions of many of the shots.

I hope some Wii games - or at least apps - support 720p.

It, isn't, happening. Stop it.

And, what would you prefer, falsely AA and AF'd up shots?

nincompoop said:
You think the only way to make a game more fun is by adding more polygons? I played Dead Rising, and OMG! it could've been done just as well on the PS2!

NO it can not be done on the PS2. There are so many enmies on screen.

JJConrad said:
Nintendo must have really hit a homerun this week to get so many trolls riled up.

I think many of these shots look great. It doesn't matter if they were on Wii or the PS4 ... they'd still look good. Art is more important the polygon counts and texture filters. Even more important, these screens represent games that I'm looking forward to playing, why can't I say, "Wow."

All this talk abut generational leaps and junk is getting annoying. That Zelda shot outclasses so many 360 and PS3 games, its not even funny. If the Gamecube is capible of that, then why should we pay $400 & $600 for any next-gen console? My biggest problem with 360 and PS3 games (particularly in motion) is that they still look like a video game ... we still have framrate problems, still have poorl looking textures, still have some funky and repetitive animation, still have clipping and jaggies, etc.. Many times, it feels like we're actually arguing over which graphics are less ugly.

I think the Nintendo fanboy are in there on dreamland

JJConrad said:

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Favre4435 said:
Yeah, I'm going to hell:
<snip>

From some game in the Wii preview video on Nintendo's Japan site.

Not only is it not funny, you're probably the third person to make that joke. Congrats!

PolyGone said:
hey look its one of those games that Zelda outclasses easily and its a 360 game:

Why don't you put up the better PS3 and 360 pics to the Zelda pic. People alway find the worst pic to compare. That a pic of the Tenchu for the 360. I don't think it come out yet. So maybe it will get better looking. but doubt it. Tenchu after 2 has been bad,

PolyGone

Banned
sonic4ever said:
PolyGone said:
hey look its one of those games that Zelda outclasses easily and its a 360 game:

Why don't you put up the better PS3 and 360 pics to the Zelda pic. People alway find the worst pic to compare.

because I don't think JJConrad was referring to the best of the best... he was simply stating that Zelda outclasses some of the games on 360/ps3, and Tenchu Senran proves he is not in dreamland, as you suggested.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
PolyGone said:
sonic4ever said:
because I don't think JJConrad was referring to the best of the best... he was simply stating that Zelda outclasses some of the games on 360/ps3, and Tenchu Senran proves he is not in dreamland, as you suggested.

Naw he's pretty much in dreamland.

Top Bottom