• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Super Mario Universe, Super Smash Bros. Unleashed or Metroid Prime 4(or anything about Metroid lol).

If something like that happens, I'm gonna explode. :O

nonspecific action figure time?!
figure1.jpg

Just to dial-down the Monolith hype a little, I was looking through Soraya Saga's older tweets, and she retweeted about the Nov. 7th Nintendo Direct, which didn't have anything to do with Monolith, so her retweets might not be any indication of Monolith news.
Didn't that one contained a brief mention of Monolithsoft next project?

Once a hype train starts it can never be stopped, either we crash together or we win together!

It'd be nice to see Monolith's new game there tomorrow, but I don't expect it to be there for sure or anything. :p

See his edit:

Just to dial-down the Monolith hype a little, I was looking through Soraya Saga's older tweets, and she retweeted about the Nov. 7th Nintendo Direct, which didn't have anything to do with Monolith, so her retweets might not be any indication of Monolith news.

Edit: She did retweet about the 13th Sept ND, though, which was the one which first mentioned that Monolith were working on a Wii U game.

Hype back up!

I love how the last two pages are pretty much Monolith Soft.

well the wife who pretty much started the whole Xeno Brand with her husband the co-founder of Monolith Soft and Xenoblade creator retweeted this ND news... So if we don't get Monolith Soft tomorrow I will rage

I'm really interested to see how panicked they seem. Anyone else? I mean, they pulled out all the stops to turn around the 3DS (and managed it deftly). If panic has set in already on how the Wii U is doing, we'll know tomorrow. I sort of hope it has, because I'd love multiple big announcements.

Makonero

As much as I would love to see it happen (and it sounds likely, considering the timing of the Itoi tweets) The one thing we know about the Monolith Wii U project is that it is a New IP.

It could have been retooled. Nintendo might have said, "Hey, that plot is like Earthbound. Let's make it a remake."

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
well the wife who pretty much started the whole Xeno Brand with her husband the co-founder of Monolith Soft and Xenoblade creator retweeted this ND news... So if we don't get Monolith Soft tomorrow I will rage

It's not the first one she's retweeted. You guys get way too hyped.

Goody

Awesome. I'll be able to actually watch it this time. Hopefully there'll be some megatons to keep me going throughout my miserable workday.

It's not the first one she's retweeted. You guys get way too hyped.

She retweeted three ND directs:

1. One where Monolith Soft was announced to be working on a Wii U game

2. One where Iwata unboxed the Wii U and talked about Miiverse / Wii U system features

3. This upcoming one.

It's just random guesswork on my side, but I feel that if Nintendo want to reassure investors and customers, they need to announce something mainstream, something with mass-appeal and a big sales potential like a 3D Mario, and they would not rely too much on niche RPGs, that makes me wonder, what if MonolithSoft were working on something based on a Nintendo IP, like a Luigi/Mario action RPG?
That would be both big and unexpected.

I'm really interested to see how panicked they seem. Anyone else? I mean, they pulled out all the stops to turn around the 3DS (and managed it deftly). If panic has set in already on how the Wii U is doing, we'll know tomorrow. I sort of hope it has, because I'd love multiple big announcements.

Well just a few weeks ago Iwata said that he wouldn't get panicked very easily.

Junichi Masuda (director of all the core Pokemon games) tweeted the Pokemon Direct and it led to the epic Pokemon X / Y announcement.

The director of Xenoblade's wife would not be tweeting this event unless the director of Xenoblade was going to be featured through his new project.

/feels heart trying to stop

Thraktor

It's just random guesswork on my side, but I feel that if Nintendo want to reassure investors and customers, they need to announce something mainstream, something with mass-appeal and a big sales potential like a 3D Mario, and they would not rely too much on niche RPGs, that makes me wonder, what if Monolithsoft were working on something based on a Nintendo IP, like a Luigi/Mario action RPG?

If they are announcing Monolith's game, it's not because it's there to reassure investors, it's because it's probably coming out in ~6 months, and you can't release a game without announcing it first (although Nintendo seem intent on trying).

If they announce that Yoshi's Island U game, I'll be happy.

You people mentioning the Mother series in relation to Monolith are jerks and should feel bad for getting my hopes up.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's just random guesswork on my side, but I feel that if Nintendo want to reassure investors and customers, they need to announce something mainstream, something with mass-appeal and a big sales potential like a 3D Mario, and they would not rely too much on niche RPGs, that makes me wonder, what if Monolithsoft were working on something based on a Nintendo IP, like a Luigi/Mario action RPG?

That'd be rather disappointing and depressing, yet another studio bought to work on their IPs. Might be their inevitable outcome though, but I doubt Takahashi will be working on anything Mario related so it'd be another series.

I've been asking this how many times has she retweeted them?

Monolith Soft has been on Nintendo Directs before so I am sure she must have tweeted those

She retweeted Iwata's unboxing.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It would be amazing to see something about Monolith Soft's game. Also a Smash teaser, just showing us some stuff that's new, would be amazing.

I almost feel this has to have at least a couple of big surprises. If not, what the fuck is Nintendo doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom