• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U GamePad High Capacity Battery returns later this month or in August

I'll eventually get this or maybe sooner if I have to order something from the online store.

I don't plan to put it in for years though. I use the charge dock so my battery's always charged. I also know by using it I'm killing it's life and how long it lasts. When it gets so low to be a problem I'll put in this one. I mean it isn't even twice the life, just 3-5 to 5-8.

I still hold out the hope that Nintendo will one day sell a second Gamepad (with Nintendo Land 2) and it'll have the larger battery standard.

Thanks for the heads up. Since shipping was a flat fee, decided to get other stuff too.

rSZxnNt.jpg

sfried

My Rapid Remote Charger/Rechargable Battery stopped working a few months ago, and was hoping to get a replacement now that they're back in the store.

They're kind of pricey though, and the problem I have is determining whether it was the charger at fault or the battery. Admittedly there were a few thunderstorms that past prior to the incident, so I'm not so sure if it could be a power surge or if it could have zapped the battery dead.

Ryuukan

Someone explain to me why I was able to not only import a Japanese one for cheaper but it also included a mini #00 screwdriver which the American one does not?

reggie pls

So.... after just playing the last two days with the WiiU, hyrule warriors and other games, this battery life is pretty shit already.

Question, This battery or just a Uboost?

atr0cious

So.... after just playing the last two days with the WiiU, hyrule warriors and other games, this battery life is pretty shit already.

Question, This battery or just a Uboost?

My uboost seems to be a temporary thing, that is now nothing more than a stand with maybe an hour extension.You get what you pay for.

So I finally got around to getting one of these and I love that these cheap bastards couldn't even be good enough to include the tiny screw driver considering how much this costs :/

Fortunately I still had the one that came with the terrible Nyko battery.

GameE

So I finally got around to getting one of these and I love that these cheap bastards couldn't even be good enough to include the tiny screw driver considering how much this costs :/

Fortunately I still had the one that came with the terrible Nyko battery.

That is why I came to the thread. I got the battery, but I cant open the god damn back and I tried like 10 different screwdrivers. Any suggestions?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I haven't really had problems with my battery yet though. What I would prefer though is something that boosts the signal of the GamePad video so I can use the damn thing in other parts of my house aside from my room and directly above my room. (I can't even use it directly behind my room.)

DaBoss

That is why I came to the thread. I got the battery, but I cant open the god damn back and I tried like 10 different screwdrivers. Any suggestions?
I don't have the battery thing, but searching around seems to indicate you need this kind of screwdriver: Phillips #00 Screwdriver

Get one of those and you should be able to remove the screws.

Hooked mine up to the controller. I see at least 3-4 hours of extra gameplay without a charge. That is with full brightness and no powersaving options. I use to normaly get about 4 hours. So yea it doubled it. For that price, maybe worth it. Also you can always keep your charge cord nearby too.

jimi_dini

There should have been a screwdriver included with the package. Maybe you threw it away.

Arc07

This battery offers up to 8 hours of use and can be easily installed using a size 0 screwdriver (not included) and included instructions.

Didn't have any issues with a cheap screwdriver kit I bought at a dollar store.

Top Bottom