• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Information Thread

Jackano

Ericsc said:
OK, assuming the circle pad is the same size as on the 3DS.

It looks like the D-pad is about full console size. But the A B X Y might as small as on the 3DS and just spaced further apart from each other, I'm not sure though.

It's pointless to worry about buttons/dpad/sticks size and positions. This is something that can be changed easily before release, and this is the kind of feedback Nintendo use from people who attented at E3. So if there is a problem today, it will not still be here in late 2012.

CoffeeJanitor said:
Yeah, I forgot to say that I understand his company is a bit smaller now. I just don't see any reason not to put a port onto the system or something, especially if you've already done everything on weaker consoles.

Well, his reasoning is that the investment wouldn't necessarily mean more total sales of his games.

id's games have a certain audience... and unless that audience owns a Wii U and no other system capable of buying Rage/Doom 4 then what is the point for them personally to invest the resources?

A Wii-U Doom 4 sale is probably just a sale that would have gone to another system (PC/PS3/360) is his logic. If games like Ghost Recon fair very well on Wii-U, and not as well on PS360, that could be indicative of a market shift.. but considering Nintendo's recent past, Carmack isn't convinced that will happen.

If Wii-U has a greater impact on the market, then they'll do a port. I imagine he's not even thinking about Rage, but Doom 4 rather.. which, despite comments from Carmack that it won't take as long as Rage, still probably won't release until 2013. So he can wait and see how well the system does, and how much of an impact it has on the "hardcore" market.

It is really yet to be proven.. and other much larger 3rd parties will help companies like iD make those decisions.

It might disapoint people who only have plans of owning Wii-U and no other system... but then again.. if you are looking forward to Doom 4, will your only system be a Nintendo system?

Jackano said:
That I was fearing a little. Those AMD tech videos that were foolding around a few weeks ago are not involved then? Neither the promising ZigBee thing?
They better work hard, I can't see this thing properly works if we can't have 4x multiplayer with 4x the new controller!

The AMD tech is based on WirelessN, but I have no idea what the ZigBee thing you are talking about is. (I would appreciate a link)
Whatever Nintendo is using, my guess is that it will be a cutomized version of AMD's Wireless TV tech.

The only problem I see them having to overcome towards getting at minimum 2 uScreens working per system, is that the AMD tech (WirelessTV), Intel's tech (WiDi) & WirelessHD are all demonstrated as broadcasting the same video to several difference devices at once and not broadcasting several different videos to several different devices all from the same source.

That sounds like a technical hurdle for AMD, IBM and Nintendo to work out and probably a big factor as to why they didn't show/discuss that possibility at E3.

And I really believe that 2 uScreens, at minimum, is a necessity for this console as the lopsided local mulitplayer is gonna get stale pretty quickly, and passing the uScreen back and forth to switch roles and take turns is not gonna fly, especially in core games.

J-Rock

Banned
TEKKEN - Wii U

The tentatively titled Tekken Wii U looks to be based off of Tekken 6, but with a multitude of new features that take advantage of the Wii U's unique controller. For instance, you can draw on your opponents face if you beat them in a match, and whatever you draw there may stay on their character for up to a year. In the video above, someone draws a goatee and rosy cheeks on Kazuya. I'm betting that in real life, we'll be seeing a lot fewer goatees, and a lot more cartoon genitalia.

Also of note is the game's stage editor, which looks incredibly robust. Someone here made a badass Pac-Man stage, though it's not clear if it was built from preset objects, or assets created from scratch with the Wii U controller. Either way, you'll be able to upload your stages to the internet so anyone can use them.

LINK

Varqr.jpg

Does anyone know what monitor this is?

Top Bottom