• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
oh and in terms of range - here's my findings :

Machine is located on second floor of a pretty large japanese house

1) 2nd floor toilet - dump gaming confirmed, can curl off and play
2) 1st floor - fine , except in the stairwell
3) 3rd floor - fiine, except in the stairwell
4) rooftop - fine, except in the stairwell
5) 1st floor toilet - dump gaming DENIED
6) "other side" of the house - the house is two houses joined - untested. We can stream from our media server throughout both houses, but i don't expect to be able to remote game across the two locations

Praise the lord for Japanese paper houses!

AzaK

can we talk about the vibration in the gamepad. is anyone else's really weak and virtually non existent? I was playing blops 2 last night and the vibrate was a bloody joke. I could hear it whirring but could hardly feel it. my phone vibrates stronger, what the hell...is the vibrate in my gamepad broken?

Do you want 30 minutes of GamePad battery life? :)

Personally I have no problem with a low rumble effect.

Holy crap. I can't get down the hall (that's line of sight with Console) and turn a corner into my bedroom without it stopping.

nickcv

damn it, i'm so jelly... i can't even take it out of the room.
there's even a small wall crossing part of my living room and the gamepad does not work even pass that.

damn european houses

That must be nice. The walls in my apartment are super-thick. They must be concrete and lead-lined, as once I turn the corner into the hallway outside the living room, it's gone. Even reaching the chair in my den with straight line-of-sight is pushing it to the limit.

StayDead

glad it worked out!

now go get that other adapter!

I'm looking into a cradle since apparently the gamepad takes in the same amount of VA through the cradle kind of like my 3DS does.

My overall evening 1 roundup (it arrived at 6PM GMT).

I had a blast. Looking around Miiverse is lovely and some of the drawings I've seen already are bloody miles better than anything I could ever do.

Only really tried Mario, but loving what I've tried so far and that NicoNico app is going to get sooooo much use in my house.

Oh, the other thing is I took my pad for a tour around my house and I only found one room where it doesn't get a connection. Everywhere else that I'd ever want to take the pad works (even the bathroom, but I wouldn't want to go in there) so I'd say that's very lucky on my part.

I've not really noticed massive load times either, only going into the settings menu really.

BowieZ

Banned
I feel so stupid, because I thought I already figured this out (just turn off TV)

but HOW do u get full sound when playing off TV?

for some reason I'm only getting sound effects on the Pad no matter what I try

pestul

WTFS @ not being able to watch youtube in the browser now... !!

I had to search google for an html5 version of the Pacific Rim trailer. Yeah, I know I could have used the app, but it sucks balls.

WTFS @ not being able to watch youtube in the browser now... !!

I had to search google for an html5 version of the Pacific Rim trailer. Yeah, I know I could have used the app, but it sucks balls.

you can search using the App? I swore it was a slide show curated by Youtube lol

youtube needs the fix the html5 issue since this is not really WiiU's fault here

Do you want 30 minutes of GamePad battery life? :)

Personally I have no problem with a low rumble effect.

I think a lot of people forgot how important the weight of the Gamepad was to Ninty. They mentioned it multiple times in the Iwata Asks. I also believe this is the real reason why the battery doesn't take up the entire slot among other things.

Not saying I agree with it, but I think that's what one of the main possibilities that get overlooked when people complain about the battery.

They really need to update BlackOps soon so we can access MiiVerse from MulitPlayer.

On a side note this is my first console I've bought at launch, I feel like I haven't played this many games at once ever! Well I probably haven't haha

it is indeed - please dogpile me accordingly with friend requests :)

Friend request sent. Your game experience is only 'intermediate'? Lol.

A lot of the things you saw as positives were the same for me; I kind of think the people complaining about 5 fps differences and looking at it like just another Xbox but with Mario completely miss the things this console does right, or the ways in which it is unique a experience. But like you said, you kind of have to sit down with it to get it.

I'm not too worried about how it's going to do though. I've been to a couple of stores that have sold through a decent amount of consoles, been restocked and then gone through those as well over the past week. I think people are figuring out what it is, and I think that Nintendo is getting a lot of them on shelves.

We'll find out next month for sure though.

DESTROYA

5) 1st floor toilet - dump gaming DENIED
6) "other side" of the house - the house is two houses joined - untested. We can stream from our media server throughout both houses, but i don't expect to be able to remote game across the two locations

Good for you, now as long as you don't take dumps in your stairwell you should be shet...er....I mean set.

boxter432

downloading both now.

rayman was at about 30% or so and moved a little as I looked and said 11 min left. now has barely moved and says 1 hr 36 at 38%

Finally got my Wii from the US today (expat living in Japan). Everything is great and there are no issues downloading games, however...

My cheap ass nobody-knows-it brand HDTV doesn't seem to support the Wii U's remote control function...really sucks, I was looking forward to that too. :(

Preble

So I started downloading the Rayman demo in the background. I then started to mess around with some of the other Wii U apps. Now it looks like the system has locked up on the "Daily Log" loading screen.

Just wanted to know if its safe to unplug the system. Trying to push the power button off isn't doing anything.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
oh, not sure i mentioned it but the full completely up-to-date downloading/patching was 20 minutes TOPS

I wasn't even watching, i was busy preparing food and expected the 1-2 hours of waiting. Albeit i'm on stupid quick fiber optic connection, but even so - i assumed the issues were server load side so it would be irrelevant.

oh, not sure i mentioned it but the full completely up-to-date downloading/patching was 20 minutes TOPS

I wasn't even watching, i was busy preparing food and expected the 1-2 hours of waiting. Albeit i'm on stupid quick fiber optic connection, but even so - i assumed the issues were server load side so it would be irrelevant.

that's good to know :)

Edit: Friend request sent !

So I started downloading the Rayman demo in the background. I then started to mess around with some of the other Wii U apps. Now it looks like the system has locked up on the "Daily Log" loading screen.

Just wanted to know if its safe to unplug the system. Trying to push the power button off isn't doing anything.

Yes, you'll just have to start the download over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom